TNF: Jets vs Browns GDT The Battle of the light weights.

Kiwibrown

Who do you have?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Browns vs Jets

2. 2. How many Ints for Darnold?

The Browns inept special teams is a valid point that I certainly overlooked.

My point still remains, that nearly everytime a coach and/or GM goes with the "wait and see" approach with a 1st round rookie QB, they end up starting the rookie early in the season anyway because the vet QB usually sucks. Bortles, Trubisky, Watson, Allen, Mayfield...the list goes on and on.

I just feel unless you have an absolute quality vet at QB (ala Alex Smith last year) or the rookie QB is too raw to start(ala Jake Locker/Lamar Jackson), then you should start your 1st round QB. As much as I hated Ken Whisenhunt here, one of the things I did appreciate was that he named Mariota starter and run the first team snaps from day 1.

Sorry for the small rant here lol.

Baker looks to have 'it'. I wasnt sure that magic would translate from college to pro, but last night he certainly had a sort of aura that made him just clearly stand out as a ship-steadying, franchise caliber QB.

Baker looks great and Myles snags 2 sacks. Browns fans must be estatic, they are finally developing blue-chip talents. Ward played well too.

Would it be insane to throw 1Y / 8M at Dez Bryant? Get Baker as much help as possible, and IMO Baker has the mix of that fun loving / uber competitive personality that Dez would gravitate to and respect.

38 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Meh, I don't really have to. The roster is talented and balanced. All they lacked was a captain to grab the wheel. Mayfield will have his rookie lumps like every rookie QB, but I don't see him falling off. He's going to be really good. Right now the AFCN is a dogfight with or without Cleveland; there is no standout currently. They just made things a hell of a lot more interesting. 

Although their kicker is a huge weakness and will lose them some games.

They just needed a come from behind win to beat the Jets

26 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Baker looks to have 'it'. I wasnt sure that magic would translate from college to pro, but last night he certainly had a sort of aura that made him just clearly stand out as a ship-steadying, franchise caliber QB.

His very first pass: zzzzzip! Looked totally different than the hesitant Tyrod passes. 

Hue is a terrible coach and I don't see the Browns winning tons of games this year, I think 5-10-1 is probably realistic but the good news would be

1) Hue would get fired probably

2) The Browns have a very bright future.

The same thing happened to the Jags. At some point when you sucked long enough and don't completely waste your draft picks you will be too talented to suck. And it appears the Browns nailed the 2018 draft with Avery, Baker, Ward and Calloway. Couple that with a stout defensive line and you will be very good come 2019 and beyond.

One thing I will say is that I would aggressively attack the LB corp in the draft and FA next year. Jamie Collins is an absolute liability there. Put a stud in there and the Browns will be dangerous. 

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

One thing I will say is that I would aggressively attack the LB corp in the draft and FA next year. Jamie Collins is an absolute liability there. Put a stud in there and the Browns will be dangerous. 

Avery is his future replacement. He's a SLB all the way. And when we go nickel, Avery will slide down to DE and we can bring in another DB.

Schobert is the most overrated LBer on our team in my opinion. He's made some plays, but he constantly overpursues because he's too slow to get over the top of blocks without sprinting like a madman to get out there. But also, Gregg Williams doesn't always put him in a good position. We are a wild aggressive defense that sacrifices fundamentals to simply fly around and create negative plays. There are times where Schobert and the other LBer's are caught with their pants down entirely because of the way they're aligned for crazy off-the-wall blitz schemes.

53 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Baker looks great and Myles snags 2 sacks. Browns fans must be estatic, they are finally developing blue-chip talents. Ward played well too.

Would it be insane to throw 1Y / 8M at Dez Bryant? Get Baker as much help as possible, and IMO Baker has the mix of that fun loving / uber competitive personality that Dez would gravitate to and respect.

Denzel Ward as well with the nice forced fumble, recovery and return

Archived