Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Just find it funny they wait until they are on the verge of losing Lamar to invest money into a WR, even if it a fairly washed up one.

I was gonna say - terrible pairing with Lamar who needs to see a guy open, Odell is clearly throw him open. 

Really kinda sad to see Odell play full seasons with only 1 QB who understands ow to use him. And it was Eli Idiot Face Manning. 

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I was gonna say - terrible pairing with Lamar who needs to see a guy open, Odell is clearly throw him open. 

Really kinda sad to see Odell play full seasons with only 1 QB who understands ow to use him. And it was Eli Idiot Face Manning. 

Gotta include that half season and playoff run with Stafford. He was such a great match for him. 

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Snyder agreed in principle to sell the Commanders to Josh Harris and his group for $5.8billion.

I would not put it past them to go all in on Jackson the minute it happens.

They should. Why not? When is the last time they were relevant. That division isn’t getting any easier either.

8 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

They should. Why not? When is the last time they were relevant. That division isn’t getting any easier either.

Being a Sixers fan I know what Josh Harris is like. They’ll quickly get a new stadium and go at some impact players. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 6:31 PM, jebrick said:

I use firefox and a extension called NoScript.  I see no adds.  I see no adds on YouTube.

And on Android, I use a browser called Brave, and I dont see ads.   It was unbearable before that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Sneak the Herbert extension in before Burrow now, please and thank you. 

Not saying it’s wrong but QBs on their rookie deal and 1st year or 2 of mega deal are worth so much…if Kenny takes another step I’m going all in on FA and trades next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFF said:

Not saying it’s wrong but QBs on their rookie deal and 1st year or 2 of mega deal are worth so much…if Kenny takes another step I’m going all in on FA and trades next year.

Yea.  Hell I'm verging on the it's almost worth it to start selling off QB's before the contract, then packaging picks to move up, and get another cheap QB.  Basically continually keep the roster loaded and let the QB be the interchangeable part.

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

I would agree. You also get absolutely boned with the new QB guarantees if you are wrong so it's very important to be right. This is why I wanted Kenny to get exposed to live action in his rookie season. IMO the growth between year 1 and year 2 is really important into understanding the level of "all in" you go to see his growth between 2 and 3. 

I want Burrows deal to be as high as possible, so hoping he is third in line here. I really like his game, but I question how high up on the QB totem pole his game is when they cannot have Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon on the same team. His game puts guys in great opportunities to make plays, but I don't think he creates things for lower level players like Mahomes, Herbert, and Allen have. 

Once they get off the QB bargain and need to shop in the skill position bargain bin, can he still raise dudes up?

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yea.  Hell I'm verging on the it's almost worth it to start selling off QB's before the contract, then packaging picks to move up, and get another cheap QB.  Basically continually keep the roster loaded and let the QB be the interchangeable part.

I wouldn't be against this in a world of haves and have nots at the QB position. Zig when others zag essentially. But IMO the first stepping stone to this is that Tomlin isn't the HC anymore. You would need a really reliable, repeatedly good game caller on offense and the only way to get (and more importantly KEEP) that would be with a offensive HC.