GDT Week 3: Baltimore Ravens vs Denver Broncos

wackywabbit

I'm nearly through the first half of the All 22 from the game (as a Bronco fan), and Kenny Young really jumps off the screen. He's a tad undersized and can get washed out on straight power run plays, but he's so quick through the hole on any backside pull plays and I love his aggressive streak. He's clearly suited to any outside zone running plays with his speed. Good blitzer too.

Just thought I would drop by and let you know.

37 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I'm nearly through the first half of the All 22 from the game (as a Bronco fan), and Kenny Young really jumps off the screen. He's a tad undersized and can get washed out on straight power run plays, but he's so quick through the hole on any backside pull plays and I love his aggressive streak. He's clearly suited to any outside zone running plays with his speed. Good blitzer too.

Yup. We’ve been happy with him through training camp and preseason. He’s really coming along well.

40 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I am the first to admit that I criminally underrated Young as a prospect. Or in other words, I drafted him in 2 GM mock drafts because I liked his skillset, but I had a 6-7 round grade on him because I didn't like how he got completely overwhelmed by blockers and sometimes seemed to be completely lost and unable to read/react on the field. Especially the latter part doesn't seem to be an issue so far and he has been a very pleasant experience.

So everyone who was crucifying the coaches for protection schemes and their uninventive defensive packages last week...are you going to admit this was an awesome game plan preparation and play calling wise, or are we only going to talk about the coaching in here when we lose?

21 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

So everyone who was crucifying the coaches for protection schemes and their uninventive defensive packages last week...are you going to admit this was an awesome game plan preparation and play calling wise, or are we only going to talk about the coaching in here when we lose?

Yeah this was a good bounce back week. Having not really paid attention to it, I'd be interested to know what exactly we did on the OL to neutralize Von Miller.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah this was a good bounce back week. Having not really paid attention to it, I'd be interested to know what exactly we did on the OL to neutralize Von Miller.

From what i saw it was a mix of a lot of misdirection to keep Von and Chubb from going as fast as possible in one direction and honestly just straight up Ronnie and Hurst handling their man when they were in fact one on one

56 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

The rain probably also played a part in limiting their explosive ability. It probably benefits us as a squad that we play well in inclement weather and meteorologists are calling for the most snow we’ve seen in a decade. That will suck for us civilians, but couldn’t benefit the Ravens.

In the Maryland area specifically?

Curious teacher asking ?

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

In the Maryland area specifically?

Curious teacher asking ?

us-winter-weather-map-2019-fa-new.jpg

Granted it’s an almanac and not a meteorologist, but if it’s right, the Great Lake region teams will see plenty of snow and our region will see below average temperatures and above average snowfall, though not as much as the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Chicago area.

Archived