2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

44 minutes ago, Danand said:

If Lamar isn't going to be a high volume passer, a guy like Isabella who can take the short slant/screen/ out to the house or just take the top off the defense will be very valuable.

You're a Mecole Hardman guy right. Do you also like Marquise Brown? 

28 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

You're a Mecole Hardman guy right. Do you also like Marquise Brown? 

I like both - but I do like the place in the draft where we can get Hartman though. But that is my personal preference regarding which positions to draft early. If we get a good player at WR in the 1. round, ofc I don't mind it.

It all just comes back WR having very little impact on games, if the oline can't keep the QB clean.

Heck, I would want N'keal Harry if I believed he was a DeAndre Hopkins guy - but I don't think he is.

Edit: In general I think a lot of wide receivers in the draft would work with Lamar, as long as they are not straight line speed down the sideline only. We need the type of receiver who can get open and work back to the QB when Lamar begins to scramble. Crabtree did work well in that capacity compared to a John Brown. Perriman on the other hand would be the perfect example of a wide receiver not fitting with Lamar.

17 minutes ago, Danand said:

I like both - but I do like the place in the draft where we can get Hartman though. But that is my personal preference regarding which positions to draft early. If we get a good player at WR in the 1. round, ofc I don't mind it.

I'm really anxious to see DeCosta's approach. Young Team. Possible QBOTF on a Rookie Contract. Strong Depth. Curious how he'll play it.

19 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

To be completely honest this board has been about as bad at evaluating WRs the past few years as the Ravens have lol so no one get upset if we don't take "your" guy. Remember how badly most of us wanted Laquon Treadwell?

And in that same draft how many didn't want Michael Thomas.

I think it's been closer to a split though. Lots of guys people like that didn't pan out, and lots of guys that people didn't like that actually panned out. Seeing as it's an annual tradition on the Ravens board to discuss wide receiver prospects we've had plenty of chances to hit or miss. Plenty. 

I'm still on the boat that just wants a good player. Don't care what "type" of receiver that is, only that he's productive. Slot, outside, big, fast, shifty, whatever. Just get Jackson good players to throw to. The tight end group is a nice start. Now go after guys that cornerbacks actually have to cover. 

2 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

And in that same draft how many didn't want Michael Thomas.

I think it's been closer to a split though. Lots of guys people like that didn't pan out, and lots of guys that people didn't like that actually panned out. Seeing as it's an annual tradition on the Ravens board to discuss wide receiver prospects we've had plenty of chances to hit or miss. Plenty. 

I'm still on the boat that just wants a good player. Don't care what "type" of receiver that is, only that he's productive. Slot, outside, big, fast, shifty, whatever. Just get Jackson good players to throw to. The tight end group is a nice start. Now go after guys that cornerbacks actually have to cover. 

I can't remember why I didn't like Thomas. I was one of those guys, and I would really like for me to remember why I was so down on him, so I could learn from it.

Sometimes I can't really put my finger on, why I like one prospect and doesn't like someone similar. I was really really high on DeAndre Hopkins, while a N'Keal Harry and JJ Arcega-Whiteside in this draft doesn't really do anything for me, if I was to consider them with a 1. round pick.

6 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

To be completely honest this board has been about as bad at evaluating WRs the past few years as the Ravens have lol so no one get upset if we don't take "your" guy.

5 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Individual posters are always going to have "their" guys, but in terms of consensus "We're all fine with that guy" prospects. I think the forum has actually been pretty strong lately.

Guys like Corey Davis, Cooper Kupp, Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore, or even Anthony Miller. Those players were discussed a ton on here, with little to no push back, and are pretty far away from being busted picks. 

9 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Remember how badly most of us wanted Laquon Treadwell?

We did?  I know I certainly didn't, as I avoided him like the plaque in multiple dynasty drafts. 

I was on the Josh Doctson train that draft (not that he's much better), with Sterling Shepard my next favourite.  I don't remember having a particular feeling towards Michael Thomas

Can't remember who it was in here, but I am really getting on the Sheldrick Redwine bandwagon. I think he can be a Kenny Young type of pick - a player we select much earlier than expected.

I think he has legit starting potential as a dime, and that he is that allround player like we have in Levine who will also excel on special teams. With Canady in a contract year, I could see Redwine make perfect sense.

10 hours ago, Danand said:

Can't remember who it was in here, but I am really getting on the Sheldrick Redwine bandwagon. I think he can be a Kenny Young type of pick - a player we select much earlier than expected.

I think he has legit starting potential as a dime, and that he is that allround player like we have in Levine who will also excel on special teams. With Canady in a contract year, I could see Redwine make perfect sense.

🙋‍♀️🙋🏽‍♂️

He’s a staple of my mock drafts. While Jeffery Simmons and JJ Arcega Whiteside are my two favorites of this class, Sheldrick Redwine and Ryqell Armstead have been included in all three of my mocks to this point. They scream Ravens to me... whether they end up that way or not will be up to the front office and the way the board falls.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001025021/article/charles-davis-2019-nfl-mock-draft-20-bengals-broncos-go-qb

I was just thinking, like literally yesterday, Bush just needs to make it past Cincinnati and Pittsburgh to be available at #22.

Not that I personally think ILB needs to be addressed but it seems like the team still thinks so after pursuing Brandon Marshall.

Archived