Week 3 Gameday Thread

Johnny Nix

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Quarterbacks who flash early success only to fizzle out or stagnate seems to be a much more common phenomenon in recent years. Or maybe I'm just looking for "a thing". Seriously, has it always been this way? Does it just seem like more in this day and age since everybody is so quick to jump on everything that happens right as it happens? Like, the immediacy of it? It's crazy.

It's been that way since Robert Griffin it feels like.  

One telling sign are the young QBs who mostly find their success from having to just make one read and making the basically predetermined throw (which is where a lot of Griffin's success came from as a rookie, but admittedly he fooled me - I thought he was gonna be a star after his rookie season).  It's easier to design an offense around a QB like that, but it also makes it easy for defenses to figure you out after awhile.

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

Amazing how only our OLine gets called for holding. That wasn't a hold at all either not that it mattered on that play.

Amazing how we got called for a number of BS fouls. Holding on Woods? BS. OPI on Woods? BS. Holding on Blythe? BS. Yet, Gates can push off with impunity. And I want to see the penalty they called on Saffold. They didn't show the replay. Knowing this ref crew, it probably didn't happen.

Archived