Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

4 minutes ago, nayad said:

Safety is the weakest spot on our defense, this is an all time great defense if we get Adams. Do it Lynch. Make that call. 

2020 first + Solomon Thomas + Justin Skule 

The thing with trading Thomas is that he is going to be the replacement for AA. I wouldn't move him.

The Rams just had to a NBA style of salary dump by getting rid of Talib. Like it!

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

With the way Ward and Tart are playing? No, we don't need to give up more picks for JA. He is very good, but I don't think you need to muck with the chemistry going on with those currently starting on our Defense.

And Tartt has one more year on his deal left and Ward is a FA at season's end. And both have been very injury prone. You don't overthink it for someone like Adams. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The thing with trading Thomas is that he is going to be the replacement for AA. I wouldn't move him.

Correct. The trade should include Tartt rather than Thomas if you go that route. I'd probably part with pettis as well (especially if the Jets are moving Robbie Anderson). 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And Tartt has one more year on his deal left and Ward is a FA at season's end. And both have been very injury prone. You don't overthink it for someone like Adams. 

I view Blair as that potential replacement, also Julian Taylor and Voalaga could get a chance. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nayad said:

I view Blair as that potential replacement, also Julian Taylor and Voalaga could get a chance. 

As Forge said, Blair is a FA as well and simply put, Thomas should be the one getting the opportunity to replace AA. He's just a natural replacement since he can play the edge on base downs and move inside on nickel downs just like AA is doing right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

my guess is they are asking for a 2nd round pick

Which is steep. Probably too steep. I think Elway thinks that he's getting a third round comp pick for Harris, which I find to be highly unlikely given his age.