Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I really hope it's not the packers or saints, just because while I don't know that he's really the stud he used to be, he's still capable of making some pretty big plays now and again and working an unsuspecting corner. 

Yeah best bet for us is a afc team or a bad team.

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Isn't he on the IR?

Not any more. The pats did that so they could get the roster spot and then release him after the trade deadline to make him go through waivers. When they released him, IR no longer applies as he is now healthy. It was an excellent display of gaming the system by BB 

• Like 1

Anyone been watching this Jags/Tex game? Minshew not impressing; tis a shame. 

They were talking about who should start, now that it seems Foles is coming back healthy. First thought is, what difference does it make. Second thought is.. Minshew mania now looks desperate and undeserved. Lame game. 

32 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Anyone been watching this Jags/Tex game? Minshew not impressing; tis a shame. 

They were talking about who should start, now that it seems Foles is coming back healthy. First thought is, what difference does it make. Second thought is.. Minshew mania now looks desperate and undeserved. Lame game. 

Tough game for him but he is a gamer and always lays it all out there for his team

Seems like the only times their offense makes big plays is when he goes off script. His scramble to find an open guy is almost like big Ben. 

Ive been saying for weeks they will go back to foles. Not because minshew is bad, but foles is getting paid. They know who minshew is and I think a week or two on the bench will be to his benefit. He can see how foles operates the offense and learn a few things. 

Minshew is starting to develop some bad habits imo

• Like 1

Minshew's pocket presence was very shaky today. Kept walking into sacks and other times made it a lot harder than it had to be. Just look at how Jimmy G makes these subtle moves in the pocket and compare it to how erratic Minshew was in the pocket. 

Often times QBs overreact far too much to any pressure when just stepping up or around the rush is all it takes. But not many QBs have that type of pocket feel. 

Now, Watson on the other end? That man is special. They run some of the same stuff we do and having RPO in the RZ is a killer. Wish we had that so our RZ offense could be tops in the league instead of in the bottom 10.

Carlos Hyde had a blender fumbling at the one yard line, but he's been a very nice get for the Texans. It is clear he operates best in an offense where he has a mobile QB that can run the zone read. And is better running out of the shotgun as that is where he ran it majority of the time in college. 

eh.. I don't think I'm a Watson hater, but I have not been all that impressed with most of what I've seen. His movement skills are impressive, sure, and he does have enough to be good starting stock for a long time. I'm just not blown away, like he's a remarkable star, as so many seem to think.  :/ 

51 minutes ago, Forge said:

Minnesota is going to be a tough out for anyone in the playoffs, i think. 

And KC is still RIGHT there with the Patriots. Amazing but back to back weeks they have played GB and Minny even…...with Matt Moore at QB. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

And KC is still RIGHT there with the Patriots. Amazing but back to back weeks they have played GB and Minny even…...with Matt Moore at QB. 

Andy Reid is one of the greatest offensive minds and game planners we have ever seen. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Andy Reid is one of the greatest offensive minds and game planners we have ever seen. 

Yep, his flaws have shown up in the playoffs but man is he good. To go 1-1 against GB/Minny in back to back weeks without Mahomes is damn good, especially considering they had a shot vs GB as well. 

Chiefs/Texans battle for the #2 seed should be interesting, gotta favor the Chiefs though. 

Dang, Vinateri shanked the kick and the Steelers are now 4-1 in their last five games after starting the season 0-3. That right there is a WINNING organization that gets "it."