Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

"unable to realize rushing and recieving are two different things" #supersecretreasonskamarathebest

Unable to realize that a RB with 19 touches and 79 yards to show for it is being neutralized, held in check, shutdown, a non-factor, etc.

45 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Unable to realize that a RB with 19 touches and 79 yards to show for it is being neutralized, held in check, shutdown, a non-factor, etc.

again, rushing and recieving is different. this isnt rocket science... a guy can be neutralized in the pass game but very effective running the ball. but you keep leaning on the secret reasons kamara is better, so much better you keep them all to yourself.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

again, rushing and recieving is different. this isnt rocket science... a guy can be neutralized in the pass game but very effective running the ball. but you keep leaning on the secret reasons kamara is better, so much better you keep them all to yourself.

Gurley was essentially running extend handoffs on those passing plays as they were almost all thrown behind the LOS. Hence 7 catches for 11 yards. Context is fun. Regardless if I'm an opposing defense going against the Rams, I'll take 19 touches for 79 yards every time when facing Gurley and will definitely consider that a win for my defense. But hey you do you lol

Edited by tyler735

38 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Gurley was essentially running extend handoffs on those passing plays as they were almost all thrown behind the LOS. Hence 7 catches for 11 yards. Context is fun. Regardless if I'm an opposing defense going against the Rams, I'll take 19 touches for 79 yards every time when facing Gurley and will definitely consider that a win for my defense. But hey you do you lol

Could you disputed jrrys take with how well and chunky Gurley YPC was, yet you say he was “shut down”. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Could you disputed jrrys take with how well and chunky Gurley YPC was, yet you say he was “shut down”. 

So YPC is now the be all end all go to stat? If this is the case, with no other context, then it looks like Kamara was the best in the NFL last year since he had a well and chunky 6.1 YPC lol. In all seriousness, Gurley touching the ball 19 times and not even eclipsing 80 yards is shutting him down. He got a few yards on the first possession (I've elaborated on this further in another thread showing his struggles on a drive by drive basis), but was about as big of a nonfactor an elite RB can possibly be for 3.5 quarters in that game.  

Edited by tyler735

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

yea man, thats not how it works. youre aware blocking is differebt in run plays vs pass plays regardless if the throw is behind the line? also, study up on context because you literally didnt add any. 

you come around to actually making an argument for kamara being better yet. or still keeping it to yourself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yea man, thats not how it works. youre aware blocking is differebt in run plays vs pass plays regardless if the throw is behind the line? also, study up on context because you literally didnt add any. 

you come around to actually making an argument for kamara being better yet. or still keeping it to yourself.

You're aware that 79 yards and 19 touches is bad right? Like anyway you slice it, that is a bad game for an elite RB

6 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

You're aware that 79 yards and 19 touches is bad right? Like anyway you slice it, that is a bad game for an elite RB

for someone so desperate for people to see kamara as the best, you really make some bad arguments to try and discredit other rbs. we already cover this, rushing and receiving are different things, really simple for pretty much everyone. 

note that i didnt say you make bad arguments for kamara. youve yet to really make that argument, its #supersecret that only you get to know.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

for someone so desperate for people to see kamara as the best, you really make some bad arguments to try and discredit other rbs. we already cover this, rushing and receiving are different things, really simple for pretty much everyone. 

note that i didnt say you make bad arguments for kamara. youve yet to really make that argument, its #supersecret that only you get to know.

It's been stated in here you're welcome to go back and read through the thread. 

Regardless 3/10 bait attempt.

On 11/30/2018 at 5:14 PM, tyler735 said:

It's been stated in here you're welcome to go back and read through the thread. 

Regardless 3/10 bait attempt.

I couldnt think of of a more telling post than you feeling like listing out your argument for kamara is "baiting".  its abundantly clear you cant come up with one that isnt laughably atrocious.

Gurley with another 130+ rushing yards today, not inconceivable he ends up with more rushing yards than Kamara has total yards.

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

*Twitter clips 

something about more *twitter clips. 

King stays king along with Saquon.

Lions bolster a sick D and still wasn’t good enough against Gurley who was probably at 70% 

Watch yourself, Ramster. You'll be told that the Lions shut Gurley down if you just don't count certain runs.

Right, I mean if we just ignore 7 touches for 11 yards, he did really average (instead of being shutdown) against the Saints too!

Gurley finished the game well today. He was a non-factor for most of the game then closed out the game really well in the 4th quarter, so I can respect him help seal that win today with a big 4th quarter.

Edited by tyler735