Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You're not, because he is. He's LaDanian Tomlinson in his prime, and "Prime" Tomlinson has a good case for most talented RB to ever play.

I know I'm getting very over-the-top on this, but Saquan is worthy of such praise. Guy is already perched on top of rankings... and there's a noticable  gap between him and #2.

I'm at the point where I'd agree with this. I think Barkley has shown to be on another level from his peers. The next group seem very interchangeable (Kamara, Gurley, Bell, Elliott, etc.)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

This is where i have a real problem with most of the arguments that Kamara is "the best RB".  When you have to start delving into the, yeah but...and the well he's also a WR.

I think if you look, you'll see pretty quickly/easily that I'm not arguing Kamara is the best RB in the league.

What I am saying is that I don't think it's fair to evaluate him on his rushing yardage alone, as some seem to be doing. You wouldn't want to reasonably evaluate any player on only one aspect of his game.

Nobody ever looks at Marshall Faulk and goes "Oh he only averaged 4.3 YPC for his career. Must be an average RB."

6 hours ago, Destructo Spin said:

I think if you look, you'll see pretty quickly/easily that I'm not arguing Kamara is the best RB in the league.

What I am saying is that I don't think it's fair to evaluate him on his rushing yardage alone, as some seem to be doing. You wouldn't want to reasonably evaluate any player on only one aspect of his game.

Nobody ever looks at Marshall Faulk and goes "Oh he only averaged 4.3 YPC for his career. Must be an average RB."

Different era BBY. And it’s why I’ll never think Jim Brown in this era or in he 90s would be the goat. Dude was playing against Farmers and accountants. 

On 12/14/2018 at 4:08 PM, tyler735 said:

I'm at the point where I'd agree with this. I think Barkley has shown to be on another level from his peers. The next group seem very interchangeable (Kamara, Gurley, Bell, Elliott, etc.)

its funny you keep trying to slip kamara in there.... but keep avoiding having to come up with an argument why. Kamara is not better than Gurley. Let me know if you need me to explain why again, more than happy to do it.

Edited by GSUeagles14

14 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

its funny you keep trying to slip kamara in there.... but keep avoiding having to come up with an argument why. Kamara is not better than Gurley. Let me know if you need me to explain why again, more than happy to do it.

3/10

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

If you feel he's better fair enough. I don't. I think they are pretty much equal in terms of talent/ability.

we all know how you feel, just wondering why if you feel so strong about it you refuse to make a case for him. Nut continue to ignore, really changing minds out here.

On 2018-12-14 at 4:03 PM, ET80 said:

You're not, because he is. He's LaDanian Tomlinson in his prime, and "Prime" Tomlinson has a good case for most talented RB to ever play.

I know I'm getting very over-the-top on this, but Saquan is worthy of such praise. Guy is already perched on top of rankings... and there's a noticable  gap between him and #2.

If the Giants get a QB and the OL going, we could see some records broken.  Will they though?

9 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

My top 5.

1. Barkley

2. Gordon

3. Gurley

4. Easy-e

5. Kamara

Hm- mcgaff, conny and lindsey.  I value production, not sure what criteria some of you are using exactly?

Gordon. See this is when you who doesn’t and who does watch football. It’s getting worse and worse now. 

@game3525 tell him.