Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

4 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Looks like "bias homer Saints fans" aren't the only people that view Kamara right up there with the best RB's in the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000990686/article/rb-index-week-12-zeke-is-most-important-rb-down-the-stretch

To be fair, MJD is just about the last person on this planet I would trust to rank football players.

He said last year that Case Keenum was better than Drew Brees. 

I don't care that he's an RB ranking RBs, If your analysis is that far off, I trust you with literally nothing.  

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

To be fair, MJD is just about the last person on this planet I would trust to rank football players.

He said last year that Case Keenum was better than Drew Brees. 

I don't care that he's an RB ranking RBs, If your analysis is that far off, I trust you with literally nothing.  

He is definitely not my first choice for football analysts. I just hate the narrative that it's only Saints fans that view Kamara as an elite RB up there with the best in the NFL.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

He is definitely not my first choice for football analysts. I just hate the narrative that it's only Saints fans that view Kamara as an elite RB up there with the best in the NFL.

I do not understand why you think this is the case. I challenge you to find someone who wouldn't put Kamara in the top 5 - or at worst, top 10. (Anyone worthy of having an opinion on this, not blind homers and illogical fans that exist everywhere).

Our gripe is trying to put him at the TOP. This isn't a Ricky Bobby "If you ain't first, you're last" debate. Kamara IS a top 5 RB, full stop. He's not #1. 

And nothing is wrong with that.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I do not understand why you think this is the case. I challenge you to find someone who wouldn't put Kamara in the top 5 - or at worst, top 10. (Anyone worthy of having an opinion on this, not blind homers and illogical fans that exist everywhere).

Our gripe is trying to put him at the TOP. This isn't a Ricky Bobby "If you ain't first, you're last" debate. Kamara IS a top 5 RB, full stop. He's not #1. 

And nothing is wrong with that.

In your opinion. Which is fine. I think he has a legitimate argument to be considered right there with Gurley, and whoever else people have in that top 3 range. I personally have him as my top back, which I'm not alone on. If you disagree that's fine, but it is not some outlandish claim at this point with Kamara's body of work since entering the league. This doesn't mean I don't think others are close/on a similar talent level (Gurley/Barkley/etc.), but if I had my pick I'm taking Kamara.

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

In your opinion. Which is fine. I think he has a legitimate argument to be considered right there with Gurley, and whoever else people have in that top 3 range. I personally have him as my top back, which I'm not alone on. If you disagree that's fine, but it is not some outlandish claim at this point with Kamara's body of work since entering the league. This doesn't mean I don't think others are close/on a similar talent level (Gurley/Barkley/etc.), but if I had my pick I'm taking Kamara.

I've personally argued at times - whenever you're putting together a list of best players at ANY position, 1-5 is usually something that is fluid, something that essentially comes down to personal preference. Only in very rare occasions do you have clear cut #1 guys (JJ Watt in 2014, Rob Gronkowski when healthy, Jerry Rice career accomplishments, Tom Brady career accomplishments, etc). 

Heck, there's an Antonio Brown/DeAndre Hopkins thread that's another example of this - the consensus is Brown, I can see their points, but I think/feel I made a successful argument for Hopkins.

Moral of the story - do you, boo. Do you. :D

Just now, ET80 said:

I've personally argued at times - whenever you're putting together a list of best players at ANY position, 1-5 is usually something that is fluid, something that essentially comes down to personal preference. Only in very rare occasions do you have clear cut #1 guys (JJ Watt in 2014, Rob Gronkowski when healthy, Jerry Rice career accomplishments, Tom Brady career accomplishments, etc). 

Heck, there's an Antonio Brown/DeAndre Hopkins thread that's another example of this - the consensus is Brown, I can see their points, but I think/feel I made a successful argument for Hopkins.

Moral of the story - do you, boo. Do you. :D

That's a fair statement. This has essentially been my stance as well. I've said for months in this very thread. Kamara, Gurley, Bell (If he was paying), and Barkley (soon) are likely going to be almost interchangeable. Could likely add guys like Hunt and Elliott as well. I can see these guys all fluctuating in rankings on a yearly basis

• Like 1

On 2018-11-21 at 4:46 PM, tyler735 said:

You’re kind of keeping this narrative alive yourself by continuing to keep this thread alive. Maybe if week after week some Saints fans didn’t keep posting gifs, twitter threads, rankings, PFF grades etc. about Kamara’s greatness posters here wouldn’t be so tiresome of hearing about it and make those homer accusations.

We get it. He’s an amazing player. He’s arguably the leagues best. It is what it is. But I don’t think pushing it down our throats is helping your cause.