Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

16 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

gurley has almost as many rushing yards as kamara does offensive yards combined. gurleys averaging about .5 more per rush attempt and over a yard per catch. he has a huge workload weekly and continues to hold up... theres really no argument for kamara being better. youtube clips are cool though as a thanks for coming kind of thing.

I mean, I would hope so. He has 60 more touches than Kamara. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean, I would hope so. He has 60 more touches than Kamara. 

i included averages as well. not only is he carrying a bigger workload (which is a plus), hes doing it more efficiently as well. 

Edited by GSUeagles14

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i mean, did you see where i included averages as well? not only is he carrying a bigger workload (which is a plus), hes doing it more efficiently as well. 

Yeah, Gurley has also played an extra game. I'm not arguing Kamara over Gurley. I'm just saying Gurley has 60 more touches, so I would assume he would have more yardage. 

Per game Kamara is averaging 114.7 YPG with 1.5 TDs per game on 20.3 touches.

Per game Gurley is averaging 136.6 YPG with 1.7 TDs per game on 24.3 touches.

Gurley is better, but I also think Kamara is showing that this argument isn't nearly as open and close as you describe it as. He's basically averaging 22 yards and .2 TDs more than Kamara on 4 more touches a game.

42 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, Gurley has also played an extra game. I'm not arguing Kamara over Gurley. I'm just saying Gurley has 60 more touches, so I would assume he would have more yardage. 

Per game Kamara is averaging 114.7 YPG with 1.5 TDs per game on 20.3 touches.

Per game Gurley is averaging 136.6 YPG with 1.7 TDs per game on 24.3 touches.

Gurley is better, but I also think Kamara is showing that this argument isn't nearly as open and close as you describe it as. He's basically averaging 22 yards and .2 TDs more than Kamara on 4 more touches a game.

so he has a bigger workload (which is important), is more efficent by a decent margin and the overall production isnt very close. whats the case for kamara, i ask that sincerely. i know you said you think gurley is better but theres a few resistent to that and i honestly dont see how he they get there.

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so he has a bigger workload (which is important), is more efficent by a decent margin and the overall production isnt very close. whats the case for kamara, i ask that sincerely. i know you said you think gurley is better but theres a few resistent to that and i honestly dont see how he they get there.

The overall production is skewed by Gurley playing an extra game. Their per game numbers are incredibly close and Kamara is also sharing touches with another really good HB. I think Gurley has a longer history of being this good, plus was a better prospect coming out of college so that skews thing in his favors but I really don't see a ton that separates them and I don't think anyone choosing to take Kamara is crazy. 

Kamara also has this odd reputation as like a "scat back" who can't run between the tackles and it's 1000% false. Its an odd narrative that keeps getting brought up in this thread. 

Edited by MookieMonstah

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

The overall production is skewed by Gurley playing an extra game. Their per game numbers are incredibly close and Kamara is also sharing touches with another really good HB. I think Gurley has a longer history of being this good, plus was a better prospect coming out of college so that skews thing in his favors but I really don't see a ton that separates them and I don't think anyone choosing to take Kamara is crazy. 

they arent really that close though (especially yardage), and gurleys are better accross the board. 

Since stats without context appears to be all the rage in here, how about the guy with 383 yards and 5 TDs per start? The one who's good for 6.33 yards per touch and scores a TD every 12 touches? 

It's fine if you believe that Gurley is better but to act like it isn't close is just being silly. 

31 minutes ago, evilflamingo said:

Since stats without context appears to be all the rage in here, how about the guy with 383 yards and 5 TDs per start? The one who's good for 6.33 yards per touch and scores a TD every 12 touches? 

It's fine if you believe that Gurley is better but to act like it isn't close is just being silly. 

Those are the same people who proclaimed Jimmy G to be an elite QB savior. Projected stats, or limitied numbers are so

dumb. These are Le’Veon Bell at 4 YPC.

this is a man eating and eating and producing with touches. There is a reason why Sean Peyton doesn’t trust Kamara with a heavy work load. Even to start the season in those 4 games.

He isn’t the workhorse. 2 years going in. 

24 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Those are the same people who proclaimed Jimmy G to be an elite QB savior. Projected stats, or limitied numbers are so

dumb. These are Le’Veon Bell at 4 YPC.

this is a man eating and eating and producing with touches. There is a reason why Sean Peyton doesn’t trust Kamara with a heavy work load. Even to start the season in those 4 games.

He isn’t the workhorse. 2 years going in. 

Lol Mark Ingram is a 2 time Pro Bowl RB in the prime of his career. Of course he is going to take some carries. This isn't a good argument.

Kamara averaged 22.75 touches to start the year in 4 games without Ingram. Gurley averaged 23.5 touches the first 4 games of the year. Gurley averaged less than 1 touch more per game in comparison to Kamara until Ingram returned. Both of Gurley and Kamara had 6 touchdowns through 4 games. Kamara averaged 152.75 yards of offense per game, Gurley averaged 133 yards of offense per game through the 4 games in which Kamara didn't have to split duties with Ingram.

• Like 1