Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It has less to do with Kamara, more to do with Gurley putting up 311 yards and 5 TDs over the last two weeks. 

If you're into semantics, "[Kamara] falling way behind" isn't apt... but "[Gurley] is running away with this" would be. The end result is the same - Gurley is the #1 back in the NFL, by a significant margin. 

I suppose we will have to have to agree to disagree as this is simply semantics that will lead us nowhere. 

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not completely wrong on this either - we're two games in to the tandem backfield, and while yesterday was a return to touches, the week before was clearly a drop in opportunities. (You also have to consider when he wrote that - before yesterday's game was played).

It's admittedly a small sample size, so we'll wait and see - but we did see a drop in half the games played. Maybe it lasts, maybe it doesn't.

I think the drop in week 5 simply had to do with Kamara averaging about 28 touches the 2 weeks prior, and having a return of a fresh legged pro bowl RB made that easy to do. I'd be shocked if Kamara isn't seeing 15+ touches weekly going forward.

I'm a Rams fan so I'm sort of bias, I love me some Gurley and wouldnt trade him for anyone.. however, that being said. Running back isn't so cut and dry. There is so many aspects to a "good" running back. 

I really think Kamara is more fun to watch than Gurley, even Barkley is more exciting than Gurley this year. It's no fault of Gurley, his oline just makes insanely big holes that he doesn't have to get fancy...it's basically just make a cut and run. Kamara/Zeke/Barkley/Gurley are the elite this year and they're all playing great and making plays... Give me anyone of them on a team I'm building and I'd be happy.

24 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Ingram isn't half as good as Gurley. If Kamara is that elite he should be getting all the carries/looks.. 

But if he doesn't want wear and tear i get it. But why feed Ingram when Kamara is head and shoulders above him? See that sort of works against Kamara,

Despite Sean playing it right. Because why not? But maybe he feels like Kamara can't wear defenses down. 

Mark Ingram was a Pro Bowl RB before Kamara was even drafted by the Saints, and was again a Pro Bowl RB last year with Kamara. Ingram is still in the Prime of his career with little tread on the tires as he hasn't been run into the ground with the Saints. I agree that Gurley is better than Ingram, but you are acting like Ingram is a slouch at RB when in reality he is a borderline top 10 RB. 

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Mark Ingram was a Pro Bowl RB before Kamara was even drafted by the Saints, and was again a Pro Bowl RB last year with Kamara. Ingram is still in the Prime of his career with little tread on the tires as he hasn't been run into the ground with the Saints. I agree that Gurley is better than Ingram, but you are acting like Ingram is a slouch at RB when in reality he is a borderline top 10 RB. 

Despite that long post. You ended up agreeing with me. Bad post is bad. And his probowls are wack barely over 1k. 

Ingram for a big part of his career was considered a bust. 

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Despite that long post. You ended up agreeing with me. Bad post is bad. And his probowls are wack barely over 1k. 

Saying Ingram isn't half the RB that Gurley is, and saying Gurley is a better RB isn't agreeing with you. Me being able to accurately recognize why the Saints give Ingram touches isn't agreeing with your prior post. Ingram had over 1500 yards of offense, nearly 5 YPC, and 12 touchdowns last year, I certainly wouldn't call that a "wack" probowl invite. Ingram had some struggles early in his career, but literally for the past 4+ seasons he has been a really good RB, so your point means very little.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I'm a Rams fan so I'm sort of bias, I love me some Gurley and wouldnt trade him for anyone.. however, that being said. Running back isn't so cut and dry. There is so many aspects to a "good" running back. 

I really think Kamara is more fun to watch than Gurley, even Barkley is more exciting than Gurley this year. It's no fault of Gurley, his oline just makes insanely big holes that he doesn't have to get fancy...it's basically just make a cut and run. Kamara/Zeke/Barkley/Gurley are the elite this year and they're all playing great and making plays... Give me anyone of them on a team I'm building and I'd be happy.

This is probably the most reasonable post I've seen in this thread. Well played sir!

Just now, tyler735 said:

Saying Ingram isn't half the RB that Gurley is, and saying Gurley is a better RB isn't agreeing with you. Me being able to accurately recognize why the Saints give Ingram touches isn't agreeing with your prior post. Ingram had over 1500 yards of offense, nearly 5 YPC, and 12 touchdowns last year, I certainly wouldn't call that a "wack" probowl invite. Ingram had some struggles early in his career, but literally for the past 4+ seasons he has been a really good RB, so your point means very little.

Ingram has been in the league for 8 years and barely is in the 5k (5,400)mark. I mean jesus your passion and love is inspiring...

Gurley headed into year 4 is about to break 4k. 

Next thing you'll be calling Lattimore a reincarnation of Deion Sanders.  

If that's not double the player. Then my friend.. You are lost.

Just now, El ramster said:

Ingram has been in the league for 8 years and barely is in the 5k (5,400)mark. I mean jesus your passion and love is inspiring...

Gurley headed into year 4 is about to break 4k. 

Next thing you'll be calling Lattimore a reincarnation of Deion Sanders.  

If that's not double the player. Then my friend.. You are lost.

Nah just don't agree with your constant hyperbole. I can do this too. Next you're going to call Gurley better than Barry Sanders. I bet you think Goff is better than prime Brady too.

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Nah just don't agree with your constant hyperbole. I can do this too. Next you're going to call Gurley better than Barry Sanders. I bet you think Goff is better than prime Brady too.

But where have you seen me debate that or say that? Lol.. Now Saquon doe,

hmmmm that’s a piece of pie there. 

You've been going against the current all this thread. 

Tyler I hope we sig bet friend. That’ll make things better between us. 

Ive been bring facts and numbers.

you’re bringing the eye test, and Sean does this because of that. Trust me I know,

like bro. It doesn’t work like that lol. Like

deep down you still think Kamara is one.

Im just waiting for you to drop the,

If Kamara was in that rams offense he’ll be putting up 3k Yards. Real talk because that’s where it’s headed. 

Edited by El ramster

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

But where have you seen me debate that or say that? Lol.. Now Saquon doe,

hmmmm that’s a piece of pie there. 

You've been going against the current all this thread. 

Tyler I hope we sig bet friend. That’ll make things better between us. 

Ive been bring facts and numbers.

you’re bringing the eye test, and Sean does this because of that. Trust me I know,

like bro. It doesn’t work like that lol. 

Where have you seen me say Lattimore is better than D. Sanders lol

I've brought all sorts of facts/numbers over the course of several weeks in this thread.

I'd say take some notes from your fellow Rams fan Riftty he seems to view this much more logically than you

Edited by tyler735

45 minutes ago, El ramster said:

We did think Ingram was a bust until, I believe it was the Cowboys game in 2013.  Since then he's been stellar.  

Ingram developed a lot after entering the league, he has much more explosion now than he did in his early years.

Pure talent it's barkley right now. I've never seen a human being have a run like he had against the Jaguars this season. That was literally inhuman. Gurley is a fantastic player in a great situation, but in terms of overall top end speed, elusiveness, power, etc. I think Barkley is the best back in the NFL. I'd say gurley is clearly #2 though.

35 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Pure talent it's barkley right now. I've never seen a human being have a run like he had against the Jaguars this season. That was literally inhuman. Gurley is a fantastic player in a great situation, but in terms of overall top end speed, elusiveness, power, etc. I think Barkley is the best back in the NFL. I'd say gurley is clearly #2 though.

Barkley will likely be the best one day, but you can't put him at #1 right now. He's a liability in pass protection. Gurley is arguably the best in the NFL at it (among HBs). Zeke and Kamara are also both great pass protectors. Until Barkley straightens out that area of his game, he's not #1.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Barkley will likely be the best one day, but you can't put him at #1 right now. He's a liability in pass protection. Gurley is arguably the best in the NFL at it (among HBs). Zeke and Kamara are also both great pass protectors. Until Barkley straightens out that area of his game, he's not #1.

Meh I'm kinda biased because I rode barkley since his freshman year of college. I wouldn't be mad if you had him 2 and gurley 1.