Is Alvin Kamara the best Running Back in the NFL?

SBLIII

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Bro, I get that Gurley is more efficient. I’m saying Gurley has more yards because he has 60 more touches. It’s very simple.

bro, i dont think you do get it. If kamara and gurley both had 50 carries and 50 receptions, gurley has more yards. So youre wrong when you say gurley has more yards because he has more touches. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El ramster said:

Those are the same people who proclaimed Jimmy G to be an elite QB savior. Projected stats, or limitied numbers are so

dumb. These are Le’Veon Bell at 4 YPC.

this is a man eating and eating and producing with touches. There is a reason why Sean Peyton doesn’t trust Kamara with a heavy work load. Even to start the season in those 4 games.

I don't have a clue what you're trying to say. 

Who are you referencing with your "same people", that supposedly also are" Bell at 4 ypc"? I see mostly Rams fans trying to act like its an ocean's distance between Gurley and Kamara, but I have a hard time believing these guys to be huge Jimmy G Fans. Wanna know something funny btw? Kamara has 5.7 yards/touch so far on the year. Gurley has 5.6 Kamara scores a TD every 13.5 touches, Gurley every 13.7 touches. Stats are funny like that. 

Your statement regarding work load in the first four games has already been debunked but well, nice try. 

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

bro, i dont think you do get it. If kamara and gurley both had 50 carries and 50 receptions, gurley has more yards. So youre wrong when you say gurley has more yards because he has more touches. 

Yes but it’d be a MUCH smaller void. You keep talking like they have this huge void in yardage while ignoring that Gurley has played one more game and has 60 more touches.

1 hour ago, evilflamingo said:

I don't have a clue what you're trying to say. 

Who are you referencing with your "same people", that supposedly also are" Bell at 4 ypc"? I see mostly Rams fans trying to act like its an ocean's distance between Gurley and Kamara, but I have a hard time believing these guys to be huge Jimmy G Fans. Wanna know something funny btw? Kamara has 5.7 yards/touch so far on the year. Gurley has 5.6 Kamara scores a TD every 13.5 touches, Gurley every 13.7 touches. Stats are funny like that. 

Your statement regarding work load in the first four games has already been debunked but well, nice try. 

Work load as a a receiver not a bell cow wtf. Touches and carries are totally miles apart. Ingram’s pro bowls are a joke barely 1k Yards lol. 

Thats for that dude who brought up Ingram as a deadly feature back lol. He ain’t ish. Scrubbed fumbled had the refs respectively gave us that first! Maybe a diff outcome 

I'm not trying to hate but I'm not that impressed with Kamara. He is great on the screens, but outside of that he isn't all that elite. Is he good? Sure. Will he leave a huge mark on NFL history? Not a chance. I'm not even sure Gurley will leave a mark on NFL history at this point and Gurley had showed me way more.

8 hours ago, Riftty said:

I'm not trying to hate but I'm not that impressed with Kamara. He is great on the screens, but outside of that he isn't all that elite. Is he good? Sure. Will he leave a huge mark on NFL history? Not a chance. I'm not even sure Gurley will leave a mark on NFL history at this point and Gurley had showed me way more.

lol this is the worst take in the thread

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Kamara in 2 career games vs the Rams now has:

304 yards of offense, averaging over 7 yards per carry, 13.5 yards per catch, and has 5 touchdowns.

Just crazy production against a top tier team the past 2 years.

They're not exactly a top tier team for being a defensive juggernaut. Not sure how that's noteworthy.

In fact I would hope his stats would increase vs LAR considering any opposing offenses have to keep up with their top scoring offense.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

They're not exactly a top tier team for being a defensive juggernaut. Not sure how that's noteworthy.

In fact I would hope his stats would increase vs LAR considering any opposing offenses have to keep up with their top scoring offense.

Prior to the game this week the Rams were giving up 19.6 points per game on defense, which was right around top 5 for defenses. Obviously after the Saints put up 45 on them, that changed things a bit and dropped them to 10th in points per game on defense. Didn't the Rams just resign the best Defensive Lineman in football, sign another top 5 DT, traded for a guy at the deadline that had 8 sacks last year, and to top it off signed two big name DB's. So all that and considering they are the biggest competition for the Saints at this point in time for the NFC, I'd say that is actually pretty noteworthy.

Edited by tyler735

10 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Kamara in 2 career games vs the Rams now has:

304 yards of offense, averaging over 7 yards per carry, 13.5 yards per catch, and has 5 touchdowns.

Just crazy production against a top tier team the past 2 years.

i shouldnt assume here hut im going to anyway...

we're in a thread asking if kamara is the best rb in the league (hes not) and its resorted to pro Kamara people posting meaningless tidbits. this can only be a concession that theres no real argument that kamara is better then gurley.

6 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Prior to the game this week the Rams were giving up 19.6 points per game on defense, which was right around top 5 for defenses. Obviously after the Saints put up 45 on them, that changed things a bit and dropped them to 10th in points per game on defense. Didn't the Rams just resign the best Defensive Lineman in football, sign another top 5 DT, traded for a guy at the deadline that had 8 sacks last year, and to top it off signed two big name DB's. So all that and considering they are the biggest competition for the Saints at this point in time for the NFC, I'd say that is actually pretty noteworthy.

True, but you have to consider some of the poorer offenses they've faced. They're 22nd in points allowed, but that includes the likes of a combined 23 points in 3 weeks versus some of the weakest NFL offenses. Impressive feat, sure. But you take away those 3 games and their giving up 26.2 points a game landing them in the bottom 10. Also you could factor in how little minutes the defense actually plays compared to the league. Of course if you neglected every teams defensive stats versus the leagues worst offenses that would change, but you get the point. Their defense is bottom 4 in time on the field. I don't think they're as great as you make them out to be. They have a - dare I say - elite defensive line and some nice secondary pieces no doubt, but racking up the points on this defense is nothing to write home about. When they face competent offenses (Vikings, Packers, Chargers, Seahawks) they get scored on pretty regularly - which is expected when playing great QBs to be fair, especially in today's NFL. I would expect nothing less than a high-powered offense like New Orleans to seemingly score at will if lesser offenses can average 26.2 PPG on that defense. 

Those 3 weeks:

Week 1 -  at Oakland 33-13

Week 2 - Arizona 34-0

Week 7 - San Francisco 39-10

Edited by SmittyBacall

39 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

True, but you have to consider some of the poorer offenses they've faced. They're 22nd in points allowed, but that includes the likes of a combined 23 points in 3 weeks versus some of the weakest NFL offenses. Impressive feat, sure. But you take away those 3 games and their giving up 26.2 points a game landing them in the top 15. Also you could factor in how little minutes the defense actually plays compared to the league. Of course if you neglected every teams defensive stats versus the leagues worst offenses that would change, but you get the point.Their defense is bottom 4 in time on the field. I don't think they're as great as you make them out to be. They have a - dare I say - elite defensive line and some nice secondary pieces no doubt. But hen they face competent offenses (Vikings, Packers, Chargers, Seahawks) they get scored on pretty regularly - which is expected when playing great QBs to be fair, especially in today's NFL). I would expect nothing less than a high-powered offense like New Orleans to seemingly score at will if lesser offenses can average 26.2 PPG on that defense. 

Week 1 -  at Oakland 33-13

Week 2 - Arizona 34-0

Week 7 - San Francisco 39-10

Yup. Get em. Calling the rams D elite is like calling Kamara the best back in the NFL fuggazi.. We’ve routinely been getting gashed by RBS since forever it seems.