? Week 4: 2-1 Bucs vs 2-1 Bears

Jimmy Austin

20 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

We’ve got two rookie cbs who’ve played 3 games. And the rules are more tight in the nfl than college Bc everything is flagged to create offensive entertainment. 

2002 we surrendered what 250 yards per game ? That was dominate. Today if you surrender 400 that’s average. 

Again im not saying smith is an all world coordinator but 3 rookies are starting in the secondary right now. And grimes we don’t know if he’ll return back to form. 

The cheifs saints and rams are three teams that’s aren’t playing great ball on defense. 

Thats the nfl today. They cater the rules to be offensive fire power and shootouts. 

Offenses are more efficient this year, no doubt. But we're still among the worst. And have been like the entire time Smitty has been in charge.

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

I can't imagine Fitz has that short of a leash but I think it's better motivation to play well and execute with Winston on the sidelines and ready to go 

It may be the wrong kind of pressure for him. He played well for 2 and a half games  with nothing behind him, so there was pressure and motivation to succeed.

Now there’s pressure on him not to play badly, otherwise he’s benched. Let’s hope he responds positively to that kind of pressure as well.

10 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I can't imagine Fitz has that short of a leash but I think it's better motivation to play well and execute with Winston on the sidelines and ready to go 

THis is BS. If koetter was willing to pull fitz for Griffin. Winston would be starting today. End of story. 

15 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

THis is BS. If koetter was willing to pull fitz for Griffin. Winston would be starting today. End of story. 

I dunno what would you be thinking as the coach when you watch your starting QB throw three INT's in a row...   but that IMO causes concern and if I were the coach I would be thinking the same thing.  He turned it around after the half and that's why he is playing.  Now if Fitz had not turned it around and was like 1/3 TD/INT ratio and the score was like 30 - 17 I think Jameis would have played.

2 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I dunno what would you be thinking as the coach when you watch your starting QB throw three INT's in a row...   but that IMO causes concern and if I were the coach I would be thinking the same thing.  He turned it around after the half and that's why he is playing.  Now if Fitz had not turned it around and was like 1/3 TD/INT ratio and the score was like 30 - 17 I think Jameis would have played.

You’re naive. Evans stopped his route on one and the other was a tip ball. Yeah that’s pretty bad but after he lit up NO and Philly you’re gonna bench him? 

Then start him the next week before your “franchise qb”. I don’t say this often but that’s fake news. If he even considered benching him for Ryan Griffin, winston would be starting today. 

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

You’re naive. Evans stopped his route on one and the other was a tip ball. Yeah that’s pretty bad but after he lit up NO and Philly you’re gonna bench him? 

Then start him the next week before your “franchise qb”. I don’t say this often but that’s fake news. If he even considered benching him for Ryan Griffin, winston would be starting today. 

Its not just the INTs that were a problem Fitz threw a lot of bad balls last week vs. Steelers he was not comfortable.  I think they are not treating him like the starter but more like a backup and from my experience if you have a backup and he isn't performing at least on par with a game manager you have to replace him even if you don't have any other options.

Obviously, this is all opinion and no one knows but I am sure it definitely crossed Koetter's mind to replace him after those terrible series of events.

3 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Its not just the INTs that were a problem Fitz threw a lot of bad balls last week vs. Steelers he was not comfortable.  I think they are not treating him like the starter but more like a backup and from my experience if you have a backup and he isn't performing at least on par with a game manager you have to replace him even if you don't have any other options.

Obviously, this is all opinion and no one knows but I am sure it definitely crossed Koetter's mind to replace him after those terrible series of events.

If you watch your QB throw 3 INTs in a half and you don’t consider turning to the backup, you probably only have 1 QB.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

The only surprise is Whitehead to be honest. Spence is either still injured, not where he needs to be physically (after that time we told him to lose 25lbs), or just not good enough at this point.

I hope this is a case of giving him time to get stronger and develop more technically. He’s got the athletic ability, but he only had one move and was a liability against the run. 

On the other hand, he could just be a bust.

Archived