Week 4 GDT: Time to Get Supercharged

N4L

9 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Ward got embarrassed by Tyrell Williams with a circus grab over his head. It's in the highlights. 

Aside from that he was fine though. Really, all our corners held up. It is just that when the opposing QB has 20 seconds to throw it, he will find someone open. 

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Didn't watch the game but heard Ward started again@CB. Just don't understand Saleh and Shanny's thinking here. Give guys like Mabin and Moore the snaps on the outside, opposite Spoon. You have nothing to lose playing the young guys. The season is pretty much a wash. See what you have in the young guys. Let Ward play FS with Colbert hurt. It's not like he's been effective on the outside anyway. I just don't see how it helps us to keep giving Ward the nod on the outside. No better time to evaluate the younger guys potential than now, with both safties and Sherm being hurt. You actually have a legitimate excuse to play Ward@safety. 

Reed played FS all game and I was fine with that decision. Could have mixed Ward in I guess, but I was curious to see how Reed would look, and he played pretty good.

I think Mabin gets the start next week or gets a lot of playing time. And depending on how he plays, decent chance he starts opposite of Sherman when he returns from his injury. 

I might have missed you guys discussing this, but did DJ Reed take the FS job from Colbert or were the coaches just being cautious with Colbert because he is banged up? If so, then it is weird that Colbert still played 16 ST snaps.

4 minutes ago, struby3 said:

I might have missed you guys discussing this, but did DJ Reed take the FS job from Colbert or were the coaches just being cautious with Colbert because he is banged up? If so, then it is weird that Colbert still played 16 ST snaps.

I don't know that he's taken it, but honestly, I think it was a good thing from the team's perspective for Colbert to be a little banged up. Reed needed to have a look at the safety spot with how poorly Colbert has been playing thus far. Something to keep an eye on the coming weeks. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It wasn't bad either. Again, Gordon late in the game definitely started to break tackles but aside from that it was fine. In fact for the first three quarters the tackling was very good, in particular from Foster/Warner. 

I thought the tackling was bad in the second half.

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dude is set to make five million next year lol

LOL, oh well CJ Beat Hard at this point is used to of taking a beating anyways. Maybe give a shot to the Browns OL we traded for if Gillam has another bad performance? Which he almost surely will going up against Chandler Jones. 

The 49ers (1-3) had such high hopes, even from me this summer, but they might have the least talented roster in all of the NFL. Just examine their drafts over the last five years, and it’s no wonder they cannot make any plays. I know they lost their starting quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo for the season, but their defense cannot tackle, cannot rush and cannot stop the run, or pressure the passer. Other than that, though…

From Mike Lombardi. Woof. Ouch. 

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

From Mike Lombardi. Woof. Ouch. 

Hey, our rush defense isn't that bad. 15th overall isn't great but it isn't terrible either. It would probably be even better if we could learn to tackle.

Archived