Week 4: TNF - Vikings @ Rams

CriminalMind

33 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Sorry, but I do feel the need to have a bit of a clapback moment at the folks on here that wanted to insist that LA was fair weather fan territory and that they'd find other things to do than go to a pro football game.  This was a 90K capacity stadium in a game on a Thursday night that kicked off at 5:30pm (meaning a lot of people would have had to get off work early in order to get to the game):

Isn't this the definition of fair weather fans though? Turn up when things are rosey? I'm not calling anyone anything, just wondering. 

2 hours ago, showtime said:

This is really dismissive of the Chiefs and I don't like it.  It's not like the Rams and Eagles have been playing elite defense all season.  What happened to the Eagles defense vs a career journeyman QB when they played the Buccaneers?  What happened to the Rams defense last night vs the Vikings?  I'm not trying to say anything negative about the Eagles and Rams defenses, but you're saying both of those teams will stomp the Chiefs.  Both the Rams and Eagles can be scored on and Kansas City has an amazing offense that's clicking on cylinders.  They'd probably drop 40 on both those teams if they played next week.

What do the Eagles have to do with my opinion that the Rams would wreck the Chiefs (or will I should say)? 

Yeah, despite people likely thinking itll be a great game...I think the Rams are going to beat KC handily. No disrespect to Mahomes and that offense, but the Rams have an offense just as good and maybe even more efficient AND they have a top 5 defense to boot. The latter is the difference here. Chiefs literally have the (IIRC) 31st ranked defense. They are terrible on D. And Wade Phillips is the coach who can put Mahomes in check and make the inexperienced QB look.....inexperienced. Rams will move the ball with ease on that swiss cheese D. KC will likely get some tuddies but they wont be able to score at will like LA will. Hence why I said what I said.

Also I never once said the Eagles would "stomp the Chiefs" as you implied. So quit trying to bring up the Eagles and Chiefs directly together. I was trying to make a point about the importance of balance. The Rams are THE most balanced team IMO and will be this season. They have the best offense (yeah, Ill take their efficiency over KC's) and a top 5 defense. KC is a top 3 offense (2nd) but also bottom 3 defense.  Sorry but u dont win in the NFL for very long with that kind of inbalance. 

And either way, I dont care what happens in September/October. We got lit up by Fitzpatrick?? Oh no!!!!! Because we all know how indicitave the first month of the season is. Until KC shows me that they can consistently play at a high level longer than week 6, Im going to continue to be dismissive of them when it comes to December.

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

so I guess Cleveland hasnt had any fans at all for like 20 years then until now?

Weird

the last 5 years less and less fans have been watching/going. What's good to do in Clev anyways?

You guys are talking about small market teams. LA is huge massive, It's always been about winning always. 

12 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Isn't this the definition of fair weather fans though? Turn up when things are rosey? I'm not calling anyone anything, just wondering. 

Considering that the support has been more than solid (basically everything but the uppermost part of the bowl at the Coliseum - which is hell, it's like watching ants while baking in the sun because you never end up with any shade) since Fisher was ousted (and no one can reasonably fault fans for not going gun-ho for a Lame Duck Jeff Fisher led team given his track record), is it fair to call them "fair weather" when all that some of them have known is this team winning?  @El ramster can attest to the playoff game last year - that crowd was electric.

Just now, El ramster said:

No person with two good knees would support a dumpster fire.

Because a person with 2 good knees could simply turn off the TV and hit the Gym, club or bar.

My knees cost more than your precious dumpster fire of a car, sweetie. (Maybe not as much as the oil changes, because that's sound economical decision making). 

That being said, my knees have been much better since losing about 40 lbs. Been biking 3 days a week (prepping for the MS150) and crossfitting 2x a week, so the knees are OK. 

Hitting up a club? Seriously, are you 18?

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Yeah. But that’s my point. Every single iggle fan on here was more than wiss off that everyone counted them out. Everyone.. no one gave them a shot. Not to mention philly had little playoff experience and success just adds more Lols to his comment. You can’t gage or measure any team right now it’s way too early. But to be discounting the rams because the “playoffs are a diff beast” is just LOL worthy. What a pompous commment. To say that one team can’t win despite is totally a contradiction to what they felt last year. 

I think the Rams losing last year to Atlanta was good for them. Now they know how it feels to lose in the postseason so you can bet that they REALLY wont want to this time around. 

Like you said, our team last year featured pretty much an entire staff and roster (minus a few like Jenkins and Long) full of guys who had little to no playoff experience. Didnt stop us from winning.

Just now, ET80 said:

My knees cost more than your precious dumpster fire of a car, sweetie. (Maybe not as much as the oil changes, because that's sound economical decision making). 

That being said, my knees have been much better since losing about 40 lbs. Been biking 3 days a week (prepping for the MS150) and crossfitting 2x a week, so the knees are OK. 

Hitting up a club? Seriously, are you 18?

I'm 28.. Still living that GTL life. That's good for you, keep that weight off.. No more Texas steak/BBq for you. 

4 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

so I guess Cleveland hasnt had any fans at all for like 20 years then until now?

Weird

To be fair to Cleveland, the one thing that that franchise has done well is dangle the string of hope - fortunately it finally looks like it's paid off for them now, but for years and years there was always something, small as it might be, to pull the fans back in and think that this year might finally be the year that they actually turn it around.

Just now, The LBC said:

You've been hooked on that Texan heroine since David Carr was getting lit up like a Christmas tree.  You don't count.

"Heroin". (C'mon man, you're a teacher).

I've been through three #1 picks, each one as much of a mess as the first. 

I'm not going anywhere. 

Archived