Week 4: TNF - Vikings @ Rams

CriminalMind

Just now, El ramster said:

I'm 28.. Still living that GTL life. That's good for you, keep that weight off.. No more Texas steak/BBq for you. 

Eh, moderation is key. Can't be eating 3 lbs of brisket in a single sitting anymore. Also, no more sodas or sugary drinks - tea with lemon or water is enough. 

Biking, too - that's the big one. Spin class in the AM, outdoors on the weekend. Get some weight lifting in, and knees feel great. :D

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

"Heroin". (C'mon man, you're a teacher).

I've been through three #1 picks, each one as much of a mess as the first. 

I'm not going anywhere. 

My phone autocorrects to the non-drug option.  I think that's a good thing for a teacher of impressionable youth, don't you?

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

I think the Rams losing last year to Atlanta was good for them. Now they know how it feels to lose in the postseason so you can bet that they REALLY wont want to this time around. 

Like you said, our team last year featured pretty much an entire staff and roster (minus a few like Jenkins and Long) full of guys who had little to no playoff experience. Didnt stop us from winning.

100% and every Rams fan here despite 1-2 are scared crap less every game we go into. 14-15 years of losing leaves a mark on you.
We are always expecting the worse! 

I was a nervous mess last night smoking 4 dutch masters and i don't even smoke. It just feels good to be winning and winning big sans last nights game. 

No rams fans is going into teams thread pumping our chest out and flexing on them. We're all just very very happy to be winning. And it's the NFL, Anything can happen.
We're just enjoying week by week. Nothing is given.. Everything is earned. The way he wrote his comment was a slap to the face.

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You'd be shocked - I'm a beast at my box. Keeping up with those late 30 kids, I'm the burpee boss nowadays.

I've just seen multiple friends over the past 3 or so years do damage to their necks, backs, or knees in crossfit because too many gyms don't emphasize proper form.  And it's damage they're still paying for years later.

3 hours ago, El ramster said:

100% and every Rams fan here despite 1-2 are scared crap less every game we go into. 14-15 years of losing leaves a mark on you.
We are always expecting the worse! 

I was a nervous mess last night smoking 4 dutch masters and i don't even smoke. It just feels good to be winning and winning big sans last nights game. 

No rams fans is going into teams thread pumping our chest out and flexing on them. We're all just very very happy to be winning. And it's the NFL, Anything can happen.
We're just enjoying week by week. Nothing is given.. Everything is earned. The way he wrote his comment was a slap to the face.

Yeah this is still a dream for me...the worst season for me personally was the 1-15 season were we only beat the 0-16 lions by a field goal...tho the season under Fisher were we started 3-1 and then it all went down hill was pretty rough too...Mcvay has brought us out of the darkness..

8 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Really, I think the biggest test for the Rams will be when we face off on 12/16. Possible preview of the NFCCG. Top two picks from 2016 , both QBs , playing. The whole "revenge" factor for both teams really. Rams will want to win after losing last year when Nick Foled came in and actually did stuff to beat them (lol) and also because they will likely want to prove themselves, even by then, because of their cupcake schedule by beating the Champs. And for us, I think our guys will wanna bend the Rams over by the time this game happens. I mean its literally only week 4 and people are already crowning the Rams. I imagine Jenkins and them boys will wanna crack the Rams in the jaw and remind the NFL who the God damn Champs are! 

Gonna remind people that it was only a few weeks ago where I was told that the Rams played a cupcake schedule last year and were likely to regress because of their difficult schedule this year. Just saying. ;)

You play the schedule you are delt. If from year to year with the Parity in the NFL the difficulty of that schedule changes, oh well. What on paper looked difficult before the season (S.O.S.) might be the opposite by seasons end and vice versa. 

It's why when people talk about Strength of Schedule based on "last" years records I laugh. Every season teams take a step back or forward. So determining what's truly difficult, is basically a flip of the coin. 

Last year proved exactly that.

Rams, Eagles, Vikings, Jags (come out of nowhere)

Cowboys, Giants, Broncos, Packers (Favorite's take a step back)

You simply never know.

Archived