Week 4: TNF - Vikings @ Rams

CriminalMind

7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

but they won all three.

rams gotta prove themselves when it counts in the goff era

Yeah. But that’s my point. Every single iggle fan on here was more than wiss off that everyone counted them out. Everyone.. no one gave them a shot. Not to mention philly had little playoff experience and success just adds more Lols to his comment. You can’t gage or measure any team right now it’s way too early. But to be discounting the rams because the “playoffs are a diff beast” is just LOL worthy. What a pompous commment. To say that one team can’t win despite is totally a contradiction to what they felt last year. 

52 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Says the fan whose crappy philly teams would always get ousted. Then they became the biggest under dogs in all 3 of their playoff games. This is rich. my man out here sounding like a pats fan. Anything else I’m missing ? 

A super bowl ring earned in the past 18 Years. ?

it it feels so good to say that. 

4 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Man... so far I've been abysmally wrong about the Rams. Goff dropped some absolute dimes tonight. But... I'm not willing to concede just yet! Just some observations I want to point out.

Has their ever been a team in the history of the NFL that has had three "road games" in their own state? I didn't bother looking at the schedule before making my Rams prediction but they have yet to leave Cali. And let's look at the defenses they've played:

A Raiders defense that's been predictably terrible without Mack.
A Cardinals team whose offense has been a trainwreck and can't stay on the field.
A Chargers team without Joey Bosa that's giving up 31 points a game.
A Vikings team on a short week, without Everson, that just got roasted by a one-legged A-A-ron and Josh Allen.

And now they get a mini-bye before actually having to leave Cali and face a Seahawks defense that got blown up in the offseason. The only challenging defenses I see on their schedule are when they go to Denver in October and Chicago in December. So, I get that I look salty and the Rams offense will more than likely continue to light it up considering their favorable schedule. But I refuse to admit I'm wrong just yet lol.

But the things is, who has a great defense right now?

Chicago - Rodgers threw for 3 TDs in a half.

Denver - Seahawks threw all over them.

Philly - Bucs threw all over them.

Ravens - Bengals threw all over them.

So there are qualifiers for pretty much every team in the NFL right now - what we do know though is that Minnesota has a ton of talent on D and played pretty well their first three games.

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

But the things is, who has a great defense right now?

Chicago - Rodgers threw for 3 TDs in a half.

Denver - Seahawks threw all over them.

Philly - Bucs threw all over them.

Ravens - Bengals threw all over them.

So there are qualifiers for pretty much every team in the NFL right now - what we do know though is that Minnesota has a ton of talent on D and played pretty well their first three games.

....Miami? :ph34r:

Sorry, but I do feel the need to have a bit of a clapback moment at the folks on here that wanted to insist that LA was fair weather fan territory and that they'd find other things to do than go to a pro football game.  This was a 90K capacity stadium in a game on a Thursday night that kicked off at 5:30pm (meaning a lot of people would have had to get off work early in order to get to the game):

2 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Did I just see someone compare the NFL Rams team to freaking Alabama?

? ? ?

No! I said when Bama beat up on the SEC people are quick to say the SEC teams are bad. LSU has athletes that’s are very good. But when Bama beat them and shut them out all of a sudden LSU is terrible. No it’s just Bama is that good. So I’m saying the same thing about the Rams. They beat a talented Chargers team. They beat a talented Vikings team. I think the Cards are talented they are just poorly coached right now. Wilks and McCoy has no idea how to use  DJ (sounds familiar with Fisher and Boras not knowing how to use Gurley in 2016). The Rams just made those teams look worst than they really are. It’s not a knock on the Chargers or Vikings. It’s more to the credit of McVay and the Rams. 

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

to be a devils advocate, i heard a lot of vikings fans. it was loud sometimes on 3rd down when lar had the ball

There are always going to be a decent-sized amount of away fans for ANY LA game that isn't a Lakers or Kings game where the season ticket holders are actual people (not ticket resale companies) that have held the tickets since Staples Center was built (and they had PSL's on those seats).  LA is a warm weather destination that's a hub for most major airlines and has 3 airports near enough to the stadium site to make it heavily accessible.  And people coming in on vacation and making the away game for their team a part of that vacation typically don't bat an eye at a massive markup by the ticket re-seller.  Go to Dodgers games (particularly ones on the weekends), you'll see plenty of fans from the away team.  Same with Angels games.  (I'm not even going to bring up the Chargers...).  Happens at a lot of Ducks games too.

The average stadium capacity in the NFL is 68,900.  I misspoke earlier, the capacity at the Coliseum for Rams games is 77,500 (there's an expansion on the Torch side that was opened up during the Olympics that isn't for Rams games because of press needs), but even with that figure in mind, I can tell you as someone who was there last night that there weren't some 10K Vikings fans there last night.  At best it was 5K, you just had pockets of them sitting together en mass.  So we're still talking a crowd (of Rams fans) equal-to-and-actually-above the average capacity in the league that showed out for an irregular timed game.

Archived