Week 4: TNF - Vikings @ Rams

CriminalMind

8 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

If Kirk Cousins played against the vaunted Rams defense every week:

6,752 passing yards 

48 TDs

0 INTs

72% completion percentage

Did you extrapolate his figures against Buffalo for a full season, too?

And what would Jared Goff’s numbers be if he played against the vaunted (or should that now be haunted) Vikings every week?

16 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

If Kirk Cousins played against the vaunted Rams defense every week:

6,752 passing yards 

48 TDs

0 INTs

72% completion percentage

And his team has zero wins. On 50+ attempts--- Cousins is 0-3 in his career.

(not to say that most QB don't usually have losing records when throwing it that much but if we're going to throw those numbers out there, lets look at it equally.

edit: Correction: He is 0-3-1.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&player_id_hint=Kirk+Cousins&player_id_select=Kirk+Cousins&player_id=CousKi00&idx=players&year_min=1950&year_max=2018&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos=0&game_type=E&career_game_num_min=1&career_game_num_max=400&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&c1stat=pass_att&c1comp=gt&c1val=50&c5val=1.0&order_by=pass_td

9 hours ago, DistantRam said:

Did you extrapolate his figures against Buffalo for a full season, too?

And what would Jared Goff’s numbers be if he played against the vaunted (or should that now be haunted) Vikings every week?

I just thought the Rams had a good defense.  That's what everybody was saying anyway.

And it's a good thing Goff had 5 TDs because if he only had 4, the Rams lose.

1 hour ago, blizofoz45 said:

I just thought the Rams had a good defense.  That's what everybody was saying anyway.

The Rams do have a good defense.

You do realize Ficken missed a FG what wouldve put the Rams up 41-28 before Cousins drove the Vikings down the field and they kicked the FG. So technically the score shouldve been 41-31. 

Also Cousins had two td passes that just barely got passed Johnson and Peters hands. Another pass bounced off Shields hands and went straight to Diggs. So you talk about a game of inches. Those passes couldve easily been either broken up or picked off. But at the end of the day, teams will have to outscore the Rams and in the 4th quarter just like we saw Suh and Donald take over, thats how its going to be. The common denominator to back up that claim, no matter how many points the Rams gave up this season, they only have allowed a total of 6pts in the 4th quarter. Again, that means that teams are trailing and need to continue to throw and thats Suh and Donald time to dominate. As great as Cousins looked all game long, in the 4th quarter he was sacked 3x, fumbled (turnover), and the Vikings only scored 3pts. Thats what teams are going to have to deal with when they face the Rams.

2 hours ago, El ramster said:

Jared Goff is 7-0 or 8-0 when throwing for 3 HUNNID. Take that Cousins 

Ill add to that. Cousins is 4-20 when he faces teams that have a better record than him. 

I remember a stat like that with Stafford. He was like 1-50 when he faced teams with a winning record. Now he is like 4-52 or something. Thats not good if you are a franchise QB getting paid like a top QB. 

9 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ill add to that. Cousins is 4-20 when he faces teams that have a better record than him. 

I remember a stat like that with Stafford. He was like 1-50 when he faced teams with a winning record. Now he is like 4-52 or something. Thats not good if you are a franchise QB getting paid like a top QB. 

How is that kind of stat meaningful at all? Any player should have what looks like a bad record against teams that are better than his. When you play on a mid-level team, you're probably going to have a good record against teams that are worse than you and a bad record against teams that are better than you. That's kind of how that works. Goff is like 1-8 by that same stat because most of his wins last year and all of his wins this year came against teams with worse or even records, so it basically just removes the games where he was playing well and just leaves when the team was crap in his rookie year or when he played great teams last year. That's a stat that basically punishes winning when you should and losing when you should. It only rewards upsets by nature.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

How is that kind of stat meaningful at all? Any player should have what looks like a bad record against teams that are better than his. When you play on a mid-level team, you're probably going to have a good record against teams that are worse than you and a bad record against teams that are better than you. That's kind of how that works. Goff is like 1-8 by that same stat because most of his wins last year and all of his wins this year came against teams with worse or even records, so it basically just removes the games where he was playing well and just leaves when the team was crap in his rookie year or when he played great teams last year. That's a stat that basically punishes winning when you should and losing when you should. It only rewards upsets by nature.

Goff sample size isnt big enough compared to Stafford. Like I get what you are saying but it shouldnt be 4-52 bad. I think at one time it was like 0-49 or something like that. It cant just be me saying that something is wrong with that picture. 

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Goff sample size isnt big enough compared to Stafford. Like I get what you are saying but it shouldnt be 4-52 bad. I think at one time it was like 0-49 or something like that. It cant just be me saying that something is wrong with that picture. 

You clearly didn't pay attention to what I bolded. I'm not talking about Stafford.

8 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

You clearly didn't pay attention to what I bolded. I'm not talking about Stafford.

Ok I missed that then. Still though, I am not going to make excuses for Cousins. He was on a Redskins team who had talent. He had Reed, DJax, Crowder, Garcon, Thompson. Heck he had Shanny and McVay plus Gruden as his HC. The oline was solid. No excuses. Its not like he played on a terrible team. Ill give you last season because the team lost alot plus they were banged up. With Cousins its not about the fact that he loses, its how he loses. He would have statistically a great game and then at the most critical time where his team needs him to deliver thats when he chokes. Maybe its just me but I only saw one time with my eyes where he delivered and that was against the Seahawks in Seattle. He drove the team down the field and help them win the game. Outside of that, I cant think of a time where a Cousins-led team won a big time game where the team had to have him deliver in a big spot and he did. Thats been the criticism in Washington when he was there and now we are starting to see it with the Vikings. 

On 9/29/2018 at 1:54 PM, stl4life07 said:

Ok I missed that then. Still though, I am not going to make excuses for Cousins. He was on a Redskins team who had talent. He had Reed, DJax, Crowder, Garcon, Thompson. Heck he had Shanny and McVay plus Gruden as his HC. The oline was solid. No excuses. Its not like he played on a terrible team. Ill give you last season because the team lost alot plus they were banged up. With Cousins its not about the fact that he loses, its how he loses. He would have statistically a great game and then at the most critical time where his team needs him to deliver thats when he chokes. Maybe its just me but I only saw one time with my eyes where he delivered and that was against the Seahawks in Seattle. He drove the team down the field and help them win the game. Outside of that, I cant think of a time where a Cousins-led team won a big time game where the team had to have him deliver in a big spot and he did. Thats been the criticism in Washington when he was there and now we are starting to see it with the Vikings. 

Maybe it was the offensive line that choked. You know the worst unit Minnesota has.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:38 AM, blizofoz45 said:

The most points the defense allowed all year last year was to....................

The Brian Hoyer led Niners on THURSDAY night football (Eagles scored 43 but had a defensive TD in there).

So the following teams' offenses from last season were outscored by the BRIAN HOYER led Niners when playing the Rams: Eagles, Saints, Vikings, Titans and Jaguars. EDIT: lets add the Falcons playoff game in here too.

The Ravens have looked like an elite defense for three weeks and a bad defense for one week - their Thursday game. Weird things happen on TNF.

Archived