Rodney McLeod out for the year, torn MCL

Kiltman

23 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

cause its not worth cutting all the players we would need to to franchise a safety 

We are most likely cutting, trading, releasing, restructuring numerous high paid players regardless?

Sproles, Peters, Foles, Long, McCloed. 

Money wouldn't be the issue. Him being a Prima Donna head ache would.

Why do people think we can just "move Mills to safety"? As if its so easy as just snapping your fingers and moving him to an entirely new position with different responsibilities. 

McLeod has been the recipient of a lot of (mostly) unwarranted hate from Eagles fans on here and everywhere. No clue why. Hes no Jenkins, but hes a very good player at his position and hes been a staple of that secondary. 

Losing him is going to really hurt. Itll show on the field often. I give it about a week until theres a panic thread about who we can get at safety. 

On 9/27/2018 at 1:17 PM, Phire said:

Think this is one of those guys we underappreciate while healthy.

Yuup. If we asked about McLeod before he got hurt, I'm sure many would be like "he sucks" or is "below average." This is a good lesson... the grass ain't always greener. Sometimes you need average players who do their jobs.

4 hours ago, nlesthought said:

So they had Maddox playing safety ahead of Deiondre Hall and possibly Douglas? 

Huh?

Graham filled in for McLeod yesterday.

And for all of you who constantly bashed McLeod this past year plus.....I point to this game and sadly walk away.

McLeod being out hurt us a ton. Tennessee took advantage of a slower, older Graham yesterday and it resulted directly in at a lot of the big or crucial plays we gave up. 

I always found it insane that Id see posters on here clamoring for Howie to cut McLeod. Hes a 26 or so year old safety who is reliable and above average for the most part, sometimes even great. Evidence of how McLeod is quietly a crucial player on our D is yesterdays game.

28 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Huh?

And for all of you who constantly bashed McLeod this past year plus.....I point to this game and sadly walk away.

McLeod being out hurt us a ton. Tennessee took advantage of a slower, older Graham yesterday and it resulted directly in at a lot of the big or crucial plays we gave up. 

I always found it insane that Id see posters on here clamoring for Howie to cut McLeod. Hes a 26 or so year old safety who is reliable and above average for the most part, sometimes even great. Evidence of how McLeod is quietly a crucial player on our D is yesterdays game.

Maddox gave up the winning TD playing safety. 

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Huh?

McLeod is not crucial,  but Graham is so bad he makes McLeod look like an all pro. 

Unrelated,  What is the point of Rasul Douglas? Why is he on the team?  We play Maddox over this guy at safety. He can't overtake Mills at cb. What exactly is the point of a Rasul Douglas?

41 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Unrelated,  What is the point of Rasul Douglas? Why is he on the team?  We play Maddox over this guy at safety. He can't overtake Mills at cb. What exactly is the point of a Rasul Douglas?

Good question. I haven't seen this kid struggle on the field. I don't know why the staff won't play him.

49 minutes ago, Phire said:

Good question. I haven't seen this kid struggle on the field. I don't know why the staff won't play him.

He seems to not do bad whenever he plays. He even looks good occasionally. And he's usually on a #1 wr when he gets his 4 snaps. Yet, he never plays...

I don't get it. 

Mills and Maddox must let Schwartz bang their gf's or something.

Archived