Week 4 SNF Steelers v Ravens

Breesus mode

18 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's not a moot point. They offered a top salary and he turned it down. And has since been a ****** or diva (whichever you prefer) about it.

No, they didn't. They offered him a garbage deal with no protections outside of Year 1. The franchise tag already offered a guaranteed Year 1, so it was essentially a "FU" offer.

56 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Sorry , but I think that they were overrated last year. 

Afterall, this lineup is not too impressive when you look at it with perspective.

-Facing a Dalton led offense twice. 
-A forever broken Browns team led by Kizer twice.
-A Ben in the first half of the season when he was playing like crap.
-A QB who played above his means in JAX last year. (sorry Jax fans, I think it was fluke) 
-A OAK team without their starting QB.
-A train-wreck of an offense in Chicago with a rookie--essentially our their backup.
-A Dolphins offense without their starting QB.
-A PAckers offense without their starting QB.
-Another train-wreck of an offense in Texans with a 3rd string QB.
- Yet ANOTHER trainwreck of an ofense led by a backup in Indy.

^^ ANY defense is going to look good against that lineup.

And even still. despite the lineup, they didn't look like a top end defense last year, IMO.

can't really control the teams you play, and some of the stuff there you are overselling.  i dont think anyone thought the ravens defense was up there with the jags and viking tier defenses as the "top end" defenses in the league last season, but we were right up there in the next tier below the jags/viking defense. We went 9-7 with arguably the worst offense in the league, and that was because of the defense and the turnovers they created.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

No, they didn't. They offered him a garbage deal with no protections outside of Year 1. The franchise tag already offered a guaranteed Year 1, so it was essentially a "FU" offer.

Such utter nonsense.

If you dont think the deal was good enough, so be it, but saying it was a garbage offer is just idiotic.   

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I honestly don't know what a good defense looks like in the NFL this year. Statistically, Seattle has a good defense and when I watch them...they're not good. LAR and MIN got ABUSED by each other, and MIN by Buffalo. Philly is a joke as well. The only other one I haven't seen is Jacksonville.

The Ravens are absolutely a top 5 defense this year- by any metric.

They probably are, which really means that the top teams are probably going to be decided by which teams have the best offense.  

The Ravens have so far held the Bills and Broncos in check, but those are not impressive offenses at all.  I give them credit for this Steelers game for sure.  But from what i've seen so far, it's not going to be enough to carry this team.  Same goes for every other team out there (save maybe the Jags).  There are some decent defenses, but a whole lot of garbage fills the rest of the ranks.  And the good teams are the ones being carried by great offenses.

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

They've been bad for a few years.  And I am not a believer in Dalton.

Dalton hasn't really changed.  He's the same guy now as was in 2015, 2016 and 2017.  The difference in those years was the weapons on offense.  More Mixon, a progression in Tyler Boyd, and John Ross actually playing this year have opened things up on offense.  Plus, the line has actually blocked a little (not great, but ok).

It does look like this division is going to come down to Baltimore or Cincinnati.

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

People who know very little about contractual offers, shouldn't talk about them (you).  Because it was far from a garbage offer.  He is just being greedy, selfish, and believes he is the only player on the team that matters, reality check, he isn't.  Not even he would make a difference right now.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

People who know very little about contractual offers, shouldn't talk about them (you).  Because it was far from a garbage offer.  He is just being greedy, selfish, and believes he is the only player on the team that matters, reality check, he isn't.  Not even he would make a difference right now.

Oh boy. I guarantee I know more about it than you.

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Such utter nonsense.

If you dont think the deal was good enough, so be it, but saying it was a garbage offer is just idiotic.   

It was a garbage offer. Here's an article discussing some of the details:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/7/19/17581414/analyzing-the-reported-rejected-contract-offer-from-the-steelers-to-leveon-bell-franchise-tag-news
It was essentially a one year deal that was renewable at the Steelers' option. Bell isn't stupid. He knew what a bad deal that was for him.

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It was a garbage offer. Here's an article discussing some of the details:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/7/19/17581414/analyzing-the-reported-rejected-contract-offer-from-the-steelers-to-leveon-bell-franchise-tag-news
It was essentially a one year deal that was renewable at the Steelers' option. Bell isn't stupid. He knew what a bad deal that was for him.

I know the details and the first 2 years were where he was making the majority of the money. He plays a position that just isnt as valuable as it once was regardless of how good he is. Whats stupid is how he continues to run his mouth. Perhaps if he and others like him would keep themselves conditioned and in football shape they would not be so easily injured. Its selfish, thats really the fact of the matter. He is all about himself which is why imo, he may never win a SB.

I know the details and the first 2 years were where he was making the majority of the money. He plays a position that just isnt as valuable as it once was regardless of how good he is. Whats stupid is how he continues to run his mouth. Perhaps if he and others like him would keep themselves conditioned and in football shape they would not be so easily injured. Its selfish, thats really the fact of the matter. He is all about himself which is why imo, he may never win a SB.

Like any other player facing what might be his last contract, he cares about guarantees. If you know the details, you know why it's a bad offer.

Yeah..okay bud. Your overwhelming pool of homerized knowledge is quality proof of that. ?

Having worked in the field tends to give you knowledge of something. I get it. You're upset that somebody criticized your favorite team. There's no need to throw a tantrum over it.

Archived