Raiders/Browns: Was it the correct call?

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, Totty said:

IDGAF... We got screwed out of a TD by them blowing the Lynch run dead.  

Nonsense. They blew the call too early, yes. And MAYBE he would have scored. But the Browns defenders clearly stopped pursuing Lynch once the whistle was blown. Had they kept pursuing, I doubt Lynch would have scored. The refs probably robbed Lynch of a few yards or so, but I very much doubt that they robbed him of a TD. Still a bad call either way, though.

He was short it seemed, but I’m not sure where the evidence to overturn came from.  I mean, we’ve all see calls that were made incorrectly, but there wasn’t a good angle so it stuck.  This was one of those imo.

Imo it’s not about one team getting screwed more than the other, both were screwed.  It’s about the refs having far too large of an impact on the game.

Then roughing penalty on Key, the quick whistles on both Carr and Lynch, the overturned call, etc are all HUGE plays in this game and the refs honesty just need to keep the flags in their pants and let them play. I get wanting to avoid unnecessary hits and injuries, but you have to let the play finish FFS.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He was short it seemed, but I’m not sure where the evidence to overturn came from.  I mean, we’ve all see calls that were made incorrectly, but there wasn’t a good angle so it stuck.  This was one of those imo.

Imo it’s not about one team getting screwed more than the other, both were screwed.  It’s about the refs having far too large of an impact on the game.

Then roughing penalty on Key, the quick whistles on both Carr and Lynch, the overturned call, etc are all HUGE plays in this game and the refs honesty just need to keep the flags in their pants and let them play. I get wanting to avoid unnecessary hits and injuries, but you have to let the play finish FFS.

Pretty much agree with all of this.  Not sure why they felt the need to stop a play so quickly, the Carr one they didnt even look to see if he had the ball before blowing it dead. 

Lynch isnt one to just go down and they let him fight for yards throughout the game except for on that play.

On the Roughing call it was pretty obvious that Key was pulling back so he didnt take out Baker, yet they let a Browns player lead and dive straight into Carrs chest/stomach later in the game with his helmet(I was fine with a no call other than it wasnt consistent with the call earlier in the game).

It was a pretty fun/exciting game outside of dealing the the stripes.  

7 minutes ago, daineraider said:

On the Roughing call it was pretty obvious that Key was pulling back so he didnt take out Baker,

I think it was the helmet to helmet that did it, but it was still weak.  There’s using your helmet to knock someone unconscious and there’s two helmets colliding during a play.  That was the latter.  Should have picked up the flag.

yet they let a Browns player lead and dive straight into Carrs chest/stomach later in the game with his helmet(I was fine with a no call other than it wasnt consistent with the call earlier in the game).

Not a penalty either imo, you’ve got to give the defensive players something.  He didn’t go high, didn’t go low and hit him square in the chest and didn’t land on top of him.  This is still football, right?

It was a pretty fun/exciting game outside of dealing the the stripes.  

Yes it was, good luck the rest of the year!

Archived