Raiders/Browns: Was it the correct call?

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I may have go back and look at the play, but while you may or may not be right in this, It sure looked like he was off to the races to me at first glance. 

But again I have to go back and look at it because my opinion is based on realtime and the angles at that particular time.

He was off to the races because he played through the whistle while the Browns stopped. Easy to run past and away from guys not chasing.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No. It was not the right call IMO.

I don't like the refs changing calls without evidence and I think they do a good job of upstanding of that rule (one way or the other---and of the very few things that I think they DO handle correctly most of the time). 

I may have go back and look at the play, but while you may or may not be right in this, It sure looked like he was off to the races to me at first glance. 

But again I have to go back and look at it because my opinion is based on realtime and the angles at that particular time.

I’ve watched the Lynch and Carr fumble multiple times.  On the Carr fumble the Oline stopped playing, but Richard was right there with the guy that was returning the fumble.

On the Lynch play there are several Browns players in decent proximity, but no guarantees any of them would have been able to get to Lynch if he hits the sideline, it would be 50/50.  Once again, two absolutely terrible calls and they robbed us of the chance to see those plays play out.  

I would be pissed if I were a Browns fan, but as a Raider fan I felt we were screwed over several times also.  Just a poor job officiating overall.

1 hour ago, cp0k2 said:

Yes.

1 hour ago, cp0k2 said:

There were four Browns right there that quit on the whistle, he wasn't going to score.

The way he was running through everything today.... You'll have a hard time convincing me he wouldn't have gone much further.  

8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

yea, concrete things like photo evidence doesnt do it justice. Much better to rely on "man, that call sucked". 

and why would the refs/nfl have something against the browns for there  to be this conspiracy?

Yeah a photo from a bad angle and a superficial yellow line... good call.

8 hours ago, Totty said:

IDGAF... We got screwed out of a TD by them blowing the Lynch run dead.  

lol no he wasn’t. Plenty of Browns defenders right next to him that stopped once the whistle blew. It was definitely whistled early but it cost Lynch 2-3 yards not a TD.

9 hours ago, daineraider said:

It’s because he missed the ball and the refs had just screwed him.

That’s another major problem with refs in the NFL: it’s too subjective. They blow a call and make up for it later or let something go like you just described. It’s a joke.

6 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

I personally thought the replay showed it pretty conclusively (that he was down via elbow approx. half yard short of the line to gain).

They’re saying his wrist was down when he posted to get the extra half yard. At that point it’s pretty clear his elbow wasn’t down. When his elbows down, he’s at least to the point where there isn’t any evidence to overturn it. 

One of the worst calls I've ever seen. There was in no way refutable evidence to turn that over and it's very arguable he did get the line to gain.

The browns have no excuse for losing, they made too many mistakes, but that call was a joke and anyone saying it was enough evidence to overturn the call on the field is absolutely bananas. It wouldn't surprise me if the league addresses this.

Archived