Raiders/Browns: Was it the correct call?

RaidersAreOne

Screenshot_2018-10-01_Browns_vs_Raiders_Screenshot_2018-10-01_Browns_vs_Raiders_

This was the biggest turning point in the Raiders/Browns game. Most people, myself included, think the Browns got completely screwed on this particular play when they reversed the original call of it being a first down. I didn't think there was enough proof to overturn it. However after looking at things a little further, the refs may have got the call right here. It's so really hard to tell though. Do you think he was short?

Not trying to rub anything in or justify us winning, I am genuinely curious what people think of this situation. 

They keep saying his elbow was down, but it was his wrist that hit first, which would be the dead ball spot.  I’m still not sure about having enough evidence, but it’s not as egregious as people are saying.  Both the Carr fumble and Lynch run being blown dead were way worse calls.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I agree.

TBF, the refs were terrible from start to finish.  From the Arden Key roughing, to blowing the play dead on Lynch, to the Carr fumble etc etc.  First half they hated the Raiders and 2nd half they hated the Browns.  

36 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Either way, against any other team, there's "not enough evidence to overturn" a call like that.

i also don't think he was short. That picture doesn't really do it justice.

yea, concrete things like photo evidence doesnt do it justice. Much better to rely on "man, that call sucked". 

and why would the refs/nfl have something against the browns for there  to be this conspiracy?

9 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

There were four Browns right there that quit on the whistle, he wasn't going to score.

So similar to the raider players that quit after they blew the ball dead after Carr fumbled?  No guarantees of TDs on either play, but both had chances and both were terrible calls.

4 minutes ago, daineraider said:

So similar to the raider players that quit after they blew the ball dead after Carr fumbled?  No guarantees of TDs on either play, but both had chances and both were terrible calls.

Yes.

No. It was not the right call IMO.

I don't like the refs changing calls without evidence and I think they do a good job of upstanding of that rule (one way or the other---and of the very few things that I think they DO handle correctly most of the time). 

17 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

There were four Browns right there that quit on the whistle, he wasn't going to score.

I may have go back and look at the play, but while you may or may not be right in this, It sure looked like he was off to the races to me at first glance. 

But again I have to go back and look at it because my opinion is based on realtime and the angles at that particular time.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This was the biggest turning point in the Raiders/Browns game. Most people, myself included, think the Browns got completely screwed on this particular play when they reversed the original call of it being a first down. I didn't think there was enough proof to overturn it. However after looking at things a little further, the refs may have got the call right here. It's so really hard to tell though. Do you think he was short?

Not trying to rub anything in or justify us winning, I am genuinely curious what people think of this situation. 

Archived