GOAT Appetizers: RESULT-----WINGS WIN

MWil23

I was in Madison in June and at a restaurant recommended by @ramssuperbowl99 and got the cheese curds.

First, Madison is underrated as hell, pretty city.

Second, the cheese curds at Dotty Dumpling’s Dowry are no joke.  I want roll around on a bed full of them. Alone.  Just me and the curds.

Y’all ever felt that way about some damned skrimps?????

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Madison is basically Austin, TX after a shower and shave. It's charming, I'll give it that. 

...that's a really good analogy.

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I have no clue. It was one that near 5 stars on yelp down town by the lake. They served them fried. 

They should have been excellent. Most of the places either on the square or closer to campus by the lake have good cheese curds.

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Madison and Milwaukee are solid. The rest of the state ranges from "it's socially acceptable to be hammered at 2 PM on a Wednesday" to "oh dear god why is this a place". But tbh, that's still better than most states in this country. 

For example, Texas has Waco. 

Been to Madison before, very lovely city. 

Went to Appleton, Brown Deer and New Berlin as well. I was a vendor to a few different clients out there, everyone is so angry.

Like, really ANGRY.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd like to note you glossed over the fact that Texas has Waco, and I think that needs to be discussed.

A few important bullet points about Waco:

• It looks like it should be pronounced "Wacko" with a soft a, but instead people there try really hard to deny the crazy staring them in the phase. I believe that's called a "metaphor" ( @jonu62882 can you pull out your trust internet dictionary and confirm?)
  • Baylor's there. Hide your kids, hide your wife. 
  • Like every 20 years, the department of ATF has to come in and clear out like half the population because it gets too weird.

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd like to note you glossed over the fact that Texas has Waco, and I think that needs to be discussed.

*Shrug*

It's about the same distance to me as Panama City Beach, FL. So, you know...out of sight, out of mind. Texas is REALLY big, about as big as all of Europe. You can't tell me that Europe doesn't let out a collective sigh when people talk about France, right? Same principle with Texas and Waco.

Do tell me more, though. Sounds like a fascinating place. Either Waco or Lubbock is a dry city, so I clearly have no skin in that game.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

It's about the same distance to me as Panama City Beach, FL. So, you know...out of sight, out of mind. Texas is REALLY big, about as big as all of Europe. You can't tell me that Europe doesn't let out a collective sigh when people talk about France, right? Same principle with Texas and Waco.

Do tell me more, though. Sounds like a fascinating place. Either Waco or Lubbock is a dry city, so I clearly have no skin in that game.

tbh I'm about equidistant from Chicago as I am from any of the other redneck Wisconsin cities. I don't get to pretend they don't count. 

Archived