Game 5, 2018: vs Denver Broncos

Bianconero

41 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

Outside of Evan Engram and Gronk, TE's rarely have an impact in their rookie year. They need time to develop with an offence as they have a ton of responsibilities. 

Wrong you want a list? Gates, Kevin Winslow, Mike Dika, John Mackey, Jim Graham, Jeremy Shockey, Brent Jones, Vernon Davis, Jackie Smith, Dave Caster, Jason Witten, Richard Caster Ozzie Newsome.  All WERE IMPACT PLAYERS IN THEIR FIRST YEAR. 

If you want another ten or fifteen I will give them to you.

57 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Wrong you want a list? Gates, Kevin Winslow, Mike Dika, John Mackey, Jim Graham, Jeremy Shockey, Brent Jones, Vernon Davis, Jackie Smith, Dave Caster, Jason Witten, Richard Caster Ozzie Newsome.  All WERE IMPACT PLAYERS IN THEIR FIRST YEAR. 

Jimmy Graham, Gates, Winslow Sr., Vernon Davis, Jason Witten, Brent Jones, and Dave Casper all did nothing there 1st 1-2 years in the league so let’s calm down there(yes I checked the stats). We have 2 young guys we like in Herndon and Leggitt let’s let them develop first before we cast judgement. TE’s outside of Gronk in recent memory take time to develop.

14 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Yeah lets keep this going.. but lets try to keep them in the modern era. 

Yeah TE and immediate impact do not go together at all.  I really like what we have in Leggett and Herndon.  One of the beat writers said Herndon had a great game blocking and was key on a few of the long runs.  He very well could be that all around TE we so desperately need as he has already had a few nice catches for us and Leggett finally looks healthy and making some plays in the pass game as well.  I think we are good at TE for now we just need that one dynamic WR and an upgraded OL.  I really don't think the offense is too far away from being really good.  Anderson is a godd Z WR he has elite speed, can beat the press, and has the ability to keep the defense honest.  Q is emerging as a great slot WR.  He is tough over the middle, his YAC ability is perfect for the position, he is too big for slot CB's and too fast for LB's and safeties, and he is a great blocker if need be.  He is a really nice weapon ou tof the slot.  What we really lack is the X WR.  This is the well rounded do it all type guy that can go deep, go over the middle and be the go to guy for our young QB.  Pryor is too inconsistent and Kearse is best in the slot.  This year there are a few big Texas WR's in the mid rounds that could possibly fill the void.

As crazy as this sounds but C yet again is the major weak link on the OL.  The other positions have at least been solid at times.  Long however has been awful and an immediate upgrade at C is necessary.  Plus having a good young C to grow with Darnold is a good thing. 

I think the Jets played great and we have a very winnable game this Sunday. I still think the Jets have a chance at the playoffs because there is no real team that will dominate the AFC. The Pats might get better buy I don;t see that D getting any better. 

Thoughts on Rashard Robinson as a long term CB answer?  Hope we get to see him a ton this week with Tru and possibly Skrine out.  Roberts played pretty well last week so I assume he will get the first crack at starting but I really want to give Robinson a long look this year if we can.  He has a really high upside to work with.  Nickerson could be in line as well for more snaps in the slot.  Dude needs to keep his cool though.

11 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the Jets played great and we have a very winnable game this Sunday. I still think the Jets have a chance at the playoffs because there is no real team that will dominate the AFC. The Pats might get better buy I don;t see that D getting any better. 

Agree.  With a win this week we will be right in the thick of things.  Still think the division is NE but we would have a wildcard chance as every other team outside of KC is mediocre.  We need to take both wins from BUF and beat MIA to have a shot though.  If they can beat IND this week and take those 3 against BUF and MIA then that's 6 wins.  I think they would need to find 3 more to have a chance out of MIN, NE 2x, CHI, TEN, HOU, GB.  Going to be tough, maybe HOU, TEN, CHI, or GB.  NE and MIN are going to be really tough.  

Would be amazing going into NE week 17 with a chance to make the playoffs.

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Their D is in the middle of the pack and will probably get better as the season goes on. If Gordon clicks I think their offense will be a juggernaut with him, Edelman, Gronkowski, White and Michel 

imo our chance for the playoffs will be as a wildcard but we already lost 3 conference games so the chances are slim. Figuring that KC, Cinncy and Jags win their division we still have to beat out 4 of the following - Chargers, Titans, Browns, Steelers and Ravens.

21 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Their D is in the middle of the pack and will probably get better as the season goes on. If Gordon clicks I think their offense will be a juggernaut with him, Edelman, Gronkowski, White and Michel 

imo our chance for the playoffs will be as a wildcard but we already lost 3 conference games so the chances are slim. Figuring that KC, Cinncy and Jags win their division we still have to beat out 4 of the following - Chargers, Titans, Browns, Steelers and Ravens.

We win one game against a bad team and we are talking playoffs. All I care about is Darnold, learning ever game, and getting better. Like I said last week, look out for us in 2019, by then we will be in the playoff picture, baring any bad injuries. If by any crazy way we make the playoff, that would be great experience for Darnold. Its all about Darnold, now not the playoffs

Hi all - I've been working my way through the all 22 film as a Bronco fan, trying to find how we managed to get beat so badly. Just thought I would let you know how impressive Leonard Williams is on film. His play recognition (zone run, HB power, play action) is fantastic and when you combine that with explosive athleticism, you've got a hell of a player.

Brian Winters at RG is mightly impressive too - don't recall seeing a Lineman as violent as he is in Pass Protection.

I am only through half the game, so I will check back in if I see anything I think you might want to know about.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:19 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

Hi all - I've been working my way through the all 22 film as a Bronco fan, trying to find how we managed to get beat so badly. Just thought I would let you know how impressive Leonard Williams is on film. His play recognition (zone run, HB power, play action) is fantastic and when you combine that with explosive athleticism, you've got a hell of a player.

Brian Winters at RG is mightly impressive too - don't recall seeing a Lineman as violent as he is in Pass Protection.

I am only through half the game, so I will check back in if I see anything I think you might want to know about.

Fabulous break down of the game....

But your avatar picture is quite simply perfect. Sir Matt and Sir Alex! If only we had a manager like that now! ??

8 hours ago, xenajets said:

Fabulous break down of the game....

But your avatar picture is quite simply perfect. Sir Matt and Sir Alex! If only we had a manager like that now! ??

Cheers. Tell me about it - I'm in an office full of City fans, it's been a longggg 5 and a half years ...

I've put some thoughts in our game thread, but the 2nd half was more of the same - Williams dominance and awful contain/tackling from our Defense. I liked what I saw from your interior line in the run game, and you used your TEs intelligently in the pass game (chipped and doubled Von).

All I would say is I wouldnt expect that level of success in your outside run game again. The contain and tackling was as bad as I've ever seen from us. Still, youve got the pieces for a ground, pound and shot taking Offense there.

Best of luck the rest of the way, chaps.

Archived