5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I need to make an AG Appreciation Thread.  @AlexGreen#20, it’s about a month too early, but that is the beat Christmas present anybody on this site ever gave me.  I might print those out and hang them on my Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory wall that I don’t have but I could.  

Obviously I hope this all gets throw in my face in 10 weeks, but my unpopular statements of the off-season: 

Rodgers is showing serious flaws

Rashan Gary isn't going to do anything his rookie year and may not pass Fackrell on the depth chart

Bulaga is outplaying Bakhtiari

We should all be pissed about not getting Rizzi

Are all looking distressingly accurate. Only one I really missed on was the overall record which I had at 9-7. And I'll even take solace there that our point differential and DVOA have is as a 9-7 caliber team.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Obviously I hope this all gets throw in my face in 10 weeks, but my unpopular statements of the off-season: 

Rodgers is showing serious flaws

Rashan Gary isn't going to do anything his rookie year and may not pass Fackrell on the depth chart

Bulaga is outplaying Bakhtiari

We should all be pissed about not getting Rizzi

Are all looking distressingly accurate. Only one I really missed on was the overall record which I had at 9-7. And I'll even take solace there that our point differential and DVOA have is as a 9-7 caliber team.

ill go even further and say we end up 9-7 and missing the playoffs. i just think this team is that bad. you guys can mock me all you want but there have been worse collapses in the NFL. its not outside of the realm of possibility in anyway.

Starting this week vs the Giants i honestly see a loss. The offense has 0 consistency  and the defense cant stop a nose bleed. dont get me started with special teams. and lets add the fact that its going to be a rainy/snowy mess on Sunday (look up the weather) and i think this ends up being a more even game than most think. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

ill go even further and say we end up 9-7 and missing the playoffs. i just think this team is that bad. you guys can mock me all you want but there have been worse collapses in the NFL. its not outside of the realm of possibility in anyway.

Starting this week vs the Giants i honestly see a loss. The offense has 0 consistency  and the defense cant stop a nose bleed. dont get me started with special teams. and lets add the fact that its going to be a rainy/snowy mess on Sunday (look up the weather) and i think this ends up being a more even game than most think. 

Ours is an average to above average team. 

An average team goes 3-2 with our remaining schedule.

7 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

No sorry you are wrong.  Tough loss but common man let's not get all doom and gloom here.  For the record I had the Pack as a 8-8 or 9-7 team also.  Well they have exceeded that.  At worst the Pack drops 2 games and finishes 11-5.  At worst.  Easy schedule Det, Wash, and Giants are all wins going away.  Chicago and Minny will present the only challenges.

10 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

No sorry you are wrong.  Tough loss but common man let's not get all doom and gloom here.  For the record I had the Pack as a 8-8 or 9-7 team also.  Well they have exceeded that.  At worst the Pack drops 2 games and finishes 11-5.  At worst.  Easy schedule Det, Wash, and Giants are all wins going away.  Chicago and Minny will present the only challenges.

The Packers haven't had a win going away all season. even vs bad teams. ill believe it when i see it. the largest margin of victory was vs the Raiders at 18 points and that game was much closer than the score would indicate. follow that up with losing to a bad Eagles team (that loss looks worse and worse as the weeks go by). then we go down 13-0 at home vs the Lions. got lucky and didnt have to face Mahomes but still made Matt Moore look like a Pro Bowler. then they go to LAC and just sleep through the entire game. beat the Christian McCaffrey's at home by 1 yard and a 2 point conversion.  The Giants at home in ****ty weather can most certainly beat the Packers. 

Edited by gopackgo247
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

The Packers haven't had a win going away all season. even vs bad teams. ill believe it when i see it. the largest margin of victory was vs the Raiders at 18 points and that game was much closer than the score would indicate. follow that up with losing to a bad Eagles team (that loss looks worse and worse as the weeks go by). then we go down 13-0 at home vs the Lions. got lucky and didnt have to face Mahomes but still made Matt Moore look like a Pro Bowler. then they go to LAC and just sleep through the entire game. beat the Christian McCaffrey's at home by 1 yard and a 2 point conversion.  The Giants at home in ****ty weather can most certainly beat the Packers. 

They will beat Det, Wash, and NY by at least 10 pts in each game.  Stafford is out for the season.  Giants and Washington both totally suck.  You are calling for a complete collapse sorry not seeing it.  We'll most likely beat Chicago too as they have no QB and their D has regressed since loosing Hicks.  Minny will be tough and expect we drop that one.  Year end prediciton 12-4 and 3rd seed in the NFC.  Now I am not all G&G glasses.  Baltimore and SF are clearly the best teams in the NFL.  Expect them in the Superbowl with Baltimore taking it all.

23 hours ago, Scoremore said:

They will beat Det, Wash, and NY by at least 10 pts in each game.  Stafford is out for the season.  Giants and Washington both totally suck.  You are calling for a complete collapse sorry not seeing it.  We'll most likely beat Chicago too as they have no QB and their D has regressed since loosing Hicks.  Minny will be tough and expect we drop that one.  Year end prediciton 12-4 and 3rd seed in the NFC.  Now I am not all G&G glasses.  Baltimore and SF are clearly the best teams in the NFL.  Expect them in the Superbowl with Baltimore taking it all.

Our losses are all to teams with strong DL's. Minnesota has one and will look to feed Cook in that matchup to set up the pass; our only hope in that game is that Kirk Cousins remembers he's a poor man's Tony Romo. Chicago will be out for blood regardless of who the QB may be and they know they can run the ball on us; I'm not taking that game for granted either. Washington's DL is no joke and they gave us a red@$$ beatdown last year; I'm not taking them lightly and you shouldn't too. Detroit is the only team I think we can beat at this point IF we lose Sunday and by that point in the season, I wouldn't be surprised if we rested Rodgers for precautionary reasons...

Edited by Joe

54 minutes ago, Joe said:

Our losses are all to teams with strong DL's. Minnesota has one and will look to feed Cook in that matchup to set up the pass; our only hope in that game is that Kirk Cousins remembers he's a poor man's Tony Romo. Chicago will be out for blood regardless of who the QB may be and they know they can run the ball on us; I'm not taking that game for granted either. Washington's DL is no joke and they gave us a red@$$ beatdown last year; I'm not taking them lightly and you shouldn't too. Detroit is the only team I think we can beat at this point IF we lose Sunday and by that point in the season, I wouldn't be surprised if we rested Rodgers for precautionary reasons...

huh?  Rest Rodger's?  Only way he sees the bench is in the final game if it's meaningless. (we locked up our playoff seeding.)  Chicago is always tough but we have them at home.  DET, Wash, and NY all should be comfortable wins.  If not then we do indeed suck.  We'll win all 3.  We are going 4-1 to end the season possible run the table.  I'll admit the Packers have some shortcomings but they are not as bad as some are suggesting around here.  

On 11/26/2019 at 4:40 PM, gopackgo247 said:

This doom and gloom is kind of crazy.

The Eagles are a better team than their record indicates. They have dealt with a number of injuries and Wentz has basically been throwing to no one all season because of it. They played the Patriots and Seahawks close but just can't overcome their walking wounded status.

Matt Moore also passed for 25-35, 275 yards, and a TD in a win over the Vikings. Maybe he's slightly capable?

Good teams get both lucky and good. The Packers are good this year. They aren't great. They are overachieving a bit.

The Giants are bad. Daniel Jones is a human turnover. Unless the weather absolutely neutralizes any advantage the Packers have, they should win that game.

Redskins suck.

Bears have taken a massive step back.

Vikings will be tough. The most likely loss but still a winnable game if you pressure Cousins.

• Like 5

My mom is a football novice .. doesn't understand the rules well at all.  She had it in her head that every time there is a QB sack the team has to punt the ball away.  I asked her how she got that idea, and she said she got the idea from watching Packers games .. every time Rodgers get sacked the Packers have to punt it away.  I believe he does take a huge amount of his sacks on 3rd down.  Most qb's probably do, but I do have a feeling Rodgers would be among league leaders in 3rd down sacks.

On 11/26/2019 at 4:40 PM, gopackgo247 said:

Did we not beat the Bears, Cowboys, and Chiefs on the road? 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

20 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

My mom is a football novice .. doesn't understand the rules well at all.  She had it in her head that every time there is a QB sack the team has to punt the ball away.  I asked her how she got that idea, and she said she got the idea from watching Packers games .. every time Rodgers get sacked the Packers have to punt it away.  I believe he does take a huge amount of his sacks on 3rd down.  Most qb's probably do, but I do have a feeling Rodgers would be among league leaders in 3rd down sacks.

Probably. That's when you see the pressure packages come out.

5 minutes ago, Striker said:

The WR getting wide open over the middle there, why the hell doesn't he throw it!?  LB bit on the playaction and isn't going to get any depth to the WR. He even went through his progressions like he didn't like either..  Hard to watch Rodgers play like this and or defend him anymore.