PC Gaming Rebooted

TankWilliams

19 hours ago, Norm said:

Then I need to buy a new monitor too though haha. I've been thinking I would wait for a ti too actually. I saw some deals a couple times and almost jumped but I'll just be patient. My busy time of the year for a while then see how the prices sit. I think if I don't go 1080ti I'll just regret it honestly. 

Judging by the reports from the 2080 series, you won't. It seems nVidia is more interested in developing this ray tracing then continuing to provide more VRAM and increase graphics and frame rates at 144hz.

• Like 1

Don't take this the wrong way, but the 1050ti is probably the worst deal that nVidia has in terms of graphics cards. A 1060 6GB runs much better and is not a hit on the budget. Honestly, you're going to see game developers moving towards utilizing video memory more and more in the near future. I'm predicting that someone is going to come up with an SLI/Crossfire interface that enables you to combine memory and/or cards to have modules for increasing memory capacity.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/3639vs3649

While I will say get the best card you can, if all you do is game at 1080p and can live with medium to high settings for the next couple years, 1060 6GB is the best bargain right now, with new cards being ~$200 and used ones going for $150ish.

2 hours ago, Slateman said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but the 1050ti is probably the worst deal that nVidia has in terms of graphics cards. A 1060 6GB runs much better and is not a hit on the budget. Honestly, you're going to see game developers moving towards utilizing video memory more and more in the near future. I'm predicting that someone is going to come up with an SLI/Crossfire interface that enables you to combine memory and/or cards to have modules for increasing memory capacity.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/3639vs3649

While I will say get the best card you can, if all you do is game at 1080p and can live with medium to high settings for the next couple years, 1060 6GB is the best bargain right now, with new cards being ~$200 and used ones going for $150ish.

Don't know why you think I'd take this the wrong way. @Norm called me a broke ***** because I own one. I know where I stand with you people

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

How much longer do you guys think I'll be ok with an i5 6600k and 1060 6GB?  Looking to play the new Battlefield and I'm pretty sure the minimum requirement for a CPU was the 6600k. 

Is there any huge difference between an i5-6600 and an i5-8600?

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Is there any huge difference between an i5-6600 and an i5-8600?

They are significantly different: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i5-6600-vs-Intel-i5-8600/2594vs3251

It would really depend on what you're upgrading from, if not the 6600, what your budget is, how long are you planning on keeping this processor, do you really need Coffee Lake architecture, are you planning on biting the bullet whenever Intel's next gen CPU comes out, and, most importantly, what games/gpu do you plan on having in the next year?

57 minutes ago, Norm said:

It's a ****ty 3gb one I paid less than 150 for lol

DOH!

Edited by Slateman