Official We Need Help at WR Thread

dtait93

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

What about the 55+ he's average the past couple years? You think Jonnu and Taylor combined can get there this season? 

What about our third round pick before those two, pro browler Kevin Byard? Or the best player on our team, third round pick, Jurrell Casey? We gonna use anecdotal evidence for only one year to support a claim as if it speaks for all years? Bad argument for either of us to use, I just gave examples to show why it's an awful argument.

He wasn't even a top 3 WR on his own team this year. His own agent is now saying he's not even injured and Gase is using that to keep him off the field.

If that's true, why do we want him? If it's not true, we need help now, why trade for more injury problems?

A third round pick for him is a joke and they won't get it.

22 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

If they do trade him, it will be for a 5th or a 6th right before the deadline. They have no leverage and he is done on that team.

I also don't believe we'll be giving up a straight 3rd for him... I'm just pointing out that holding on to draft picks just for the sake of it is overrated. 

If we got the type of production from Taylor that Parker provided to Miami in the first 3 years we'd be ecstatic. 

Seeing as we need help now, I ordinal wouldn't blink an eye at trading a 3rd for him (maybe a conditional, contingent on us bringing him back at the start of the 19 season).

I'd give a 3rd for Parker right now if I was Robinson and have him waiting at HQ for when we landed. 

Whatever we get in the 3rd is less likely to be a contributor next season like Parker. 

Draft picks are over valued. Especially after the 2nd. We are likely picking in the low teens high 20s. Let's try to get a player

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'd give a 3rd for Parker right now if I was Robinson and have him waiting at HQ for when we landed. 

Whatever we get in the 3rd is less likely to be a contributor next season like Parker. 

Draft picks are over valued. Especially after the 2nd. We are likely picking in the low teens high 20s. Let's try to get a player

I’d see if I could talk the Raiders into taking a “first” like they got “two firsts” for Mack. Our first for Cooper and the Raiders second lol.

Parker is honestly at the bottom of my list. He just hasn’t been good.

But something has to be done this week. You watch the Rams run 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB on literally 97% of their plays while we trot out Jonnu and Stocker in our base offense.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I’d see if I could talk the Raiders into taking a “first” like they got “two firsts” for Mack. Our first for Cooper and the Raiders second lol.

Parker is honestly at the bottom of my list. He just hasn’t been good.

But something has to be done this week. You watch the Rams run 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB on literally 97% of their plays while we trot out Jonnu and Stocker in our base offense.

Yeah Parker isn't the top of my list. But he might the cheapest and easiest to get. 

Cooper and Thomas are my ideal targets. 

Draft picks are very overrated.

So are former first round picks with name recognition who are going to finish the 4th year of their career averaging around 35 catches per season and often being injured.

You know who else had about 55 receptions in 2017? Eric Decker. Doesn't mean he's worth a third round pick. Hell, none of us wanted him on the team, just as the Dolphins coaches don't want Parker.

Fans love former high draft picks, but the Dolphins have no leverage, Parker isn't even dressing for games right now, and he's a free agent in the off-season. 

The Titans need help right now, I agree, so why does it make sense to use draft capital on a guy who has missed 5 out of 7 games this year? 

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Draft picks are very overrated.

So are former first round picks with name recognition who are going to finish the 4th year of their career averaging around 35 catches per season and often being injured.

You know who else had about 55 receptions in 2017? Eric Decker. Doesn't mean he's worth a third round pick. Hell, none of us wanted him on the team, just as the Dolphins coaches don't want Parker.

Fans love former high draft picks, but the Dolphins have no leverage, Parker isn't even dressing for games right now, and he's a free agent in the off-season. 

The Titans need help right now, I agree, so why does it make sense to use draft capital on a guy who has missed 5 out of 7 games this year? 

Great points.  
We'd need to look at why he has missed. According to one side, it's not injury related. Just seems similar to Ajayi and Landry. Gase doesn't want them.

I'm all for going the route of adding as much talent as we can. Watkins last year wasn't worth much, but add him to the collection of talent amassed in LA and had a nice little spot.
Only thing Parker has going is youth, while Decker was literally a year away from the end.

Thinking more reasonably. I'd trade an 3rd for Cooper, maybe more.  Parker is worth about a 4th/5th round pick.

I don't think draft picks are overrated at all.

As much as I like Landry and Evans. I wonder if we sacrificed potential depth at current need spots like WR, interior OL, or TE. 

I think fans expectations of mid seasons acquisitions is extremely overrated. Our current WR's have had an entire offseason to learn a playbook and develop chemistry with Mariota and they are struggling, but we expect that a brand new acquisition will come in and learn a new offense, develop chemistry with the QB and bail out our season? All within a week? Not to mention we're talking about a QB who is not good at/doesn't like throwing outside the numbers. Marcus is at his best throwing intermediate routes in the middle of the field. Trading for players who plays primarily on the outside doesn't sound like a sound plan to me. 

Face it people, there is no in-season fix for WR. The guys we got gotta do better.

Save those draft picks for important stuff... like completely revamping the interior offensive line. 

Draft picks are hit or miss just like FA signings. In my opinion our WR core needs a veteran presence, somebody who could show little tricks on how to beat the press and stuff like that. A coach can only show so much but an actual player that’s out there going against the same ppl could teach and show a lot.. Nun of our WRs have been in the league longer then 3 years

Hell bring in Ocho Cinco to be an assistant coach. Didn’t he say last year he wanted to help? 

9 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I don't think draft picks are overrated at all.

As much as I like Landry and Evans. I wonder if we sacrificed potential depth at current need spots like WR, interior OL, or TE. 

I think fans expectations of mid seasons acquisitions is extremely overrated. Our current WR's have had an entire offseason to learn a playbook and develop chemistry with Mariota and they are struggling, but we expect that a brand new acquisition will come in and learn a new offense, develop chemistry with the QB and bail out our season? All within a week? Not to mention we're talking about a QB who is not good at/doesn't like throwing outside the numbers. Marcus is at his best throwing intermediate routes in the middle of the field. Trading for players who plays primarily on the outside doesn't sound like a sound plan to me. 

Face it people, there is no in-season fix for WR. The guys we got gotta do better.

Save those draft picks for important stuff... like completely revamping the interior offensive line. 

I get that... and there's definitely merit to it.  But we're not talking about just fringe roster players here.  The guys we're talking about are starters... but if that were a concern, then I could see us maybe go after someone who's played under LaFleur before.  But seriously, if Gordon can go from being on the Browns in 9/18 to contributing on the Pats on 9/30, then getting his snap count over 80% 10/14... we could count on whoever we bring in getting serious snaps by Thanksgiving, helping us down the stretch as we're likely fighting for a playoff spot.  So let's not let that stop us. 

I've mentioned Sanu before... and that's just a stab in the dark obviously, as there's been no rumors on that front.  If the Falcons were to fall to 2-5 today, they may sell him.  Ridley's emergence and Sanu's cap #s may make him expendable there.  He has previous experience in Shannahan's system and with LaFleur as a QB coach. 

Garcon could also be a nice option.  He still has 1 more "cheap" salary year before the increases kick in.  The Titans would then be able to rework or cut him after 2019.  There's the obvious Shannahan connection (some analyst, led by Orlovsky I think, had mentioned that LaFleur's system is more similar to Shanny's than McVay's).

I think if we make a move, it has be done this week... allow the new receiver a couple of weeks before their first game, and a few more weeks before the stretch run. 

Archived