Week 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego

MistaBohmbastic

Weel 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

4 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I still need to see those deep balls completed more frequently. We know Bake is capable. Time to make it happen to really elevate this offense.

Callaway and njoku need to spend some time on the juggs machine. Baker could have had 400+ yards last game of they didn’t drop easy ones. 

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I see us losing pretty handedly 

Chargers are the better team and have only lost to Chiefs and Rams. 

Theyre offense is explosive and they’re defense can apply pressure. 

Unless we dominate in the run game I don’t think we have a chance. 

Pretty handley, it’s not like the chargers were beating the Saints and Pats. They beat Buffalo, JimmyG less 49ers, and the raiders. SRS has them rated as the 14th best team and the Browns at 11th. Take that for a grain of salt. Also stats say the browns have faced a tougher schedule. I think home field advantage will be huge this week with them making that cross country trip. Chargers at -1.5 so Vrgsd think it’s going to be close. I think it’s a toss up and will be a close game. If they had Bosa I would prolly favorite them more but he is out. 

From watching Rivers play for the past decade, if you can apply pressure to him--he throws INTs and they usually come in bunches. Almost like Big Ben. Considering the attacking nature of the Browns defense and their ability to collapse the pocket with Garrett/Ogunjobi/Avery--I think the Browns secondary can continue their ways.

Now, its up to the Browns offense to take advantage of the opportunities they will get and score TDs, not FGs. 

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

From watching Rivers play for the past decade, if you can apply pressure to him--he throws INTs and they usually come in bunches. Almost like Big Ben. Considering the attacking nature of the Browns defense and their ability to collapse the pocket with Garrett/Ogunjobi/Avery--I think the Browns secondary can continue their ways.

Now, its up to the Browns offense to take advantage of the opportunities they will get and score TDs, not FGs. 

Chargers are currently +3 in TOs.  Makes them 6th best. Browns are #1. Rivers currently is 13/2 for TDs to INTs. He is playing damn great so far

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Chargers are currently +3 in TOs.  Makes them 6th best. Browns are #1. Rivers currently is 13/2 for TDs to INTs. He is playing damn great so far

I get that, but its still Rivers. He is always going to have the same tendencies even if hes in the middle of a good run. He panics pressure in the pocket more times than not and will force throws downfield and into tight windows. If your secondary is good enough (which Clevelands is) they should be able to get a turnover or two. It all starts with getting pressure and making him move off his spot. Once he gets happy feet because he feels pressure, the mistakes start happening and he throws to a lot of 'jumpable' routes.

This game will be dictated by what Browns defense shows up on the road. The Saints level Browns defense or the Raiders level Browns defense.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I get that, but its still Rivers. He is always going to have the same tendencies even if hes in the middle of a good run. He panics pressure in the pocket more times than not and will force throws downfield and into tight windows. If your secondary is good enough (which Clevelands is) they should be able to get a turnover or two. It all starts with getting pressure and making him move off his spot. Once he gets happy feet because he feels pressure, the mistakes start happening and he throws to a lot of 'jumpable' routes.

This game will be dictated by what Browns defense shows up on the road. The Saints level Browns defense or the Raiders level Browns defense.

If the browns defense shows up on road this week, Chargers might drop 60, maybe 70points on us this week...

also so if you are going to be huge on past tendencies for rivers then you need to add the fact that Rivers has always played good vs the browns 8TDs to 1 int. 98rating 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Callaway and njoku need to spend some time on the juggs machine. Baker could have had 400+ yards last game of they didn’t drop easy ones. 

Yes, you're absolutely right. However, he overthrew his target on his three deepest passes this season thus far. That's more of what I'm referring to. I want to see him land a bomb right in the bucket. 

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Say what you will about Rivers' "tendencies," but see the below diagram. He's peak P-Rivvy right now.

41 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Who was it that was saying Baker completed below 50% of his passes when he was blitzed?

3 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I still need to see those deep balls completed more frequently. We know Bake is capable. Time to make it happen to really elevate this offense.

The deep misses have been Mayfield misses mostly.

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Yes, you're absolutely right. However, he overthrew his target on his three deepest passes this season thus far. That's more of what I'm referring to. I want to see him land a bomb right in the bucket. 

Say what you will about Rivers' "tendencies," but see the below diagram. He's peak P-Rivvy right now.

Who was it that was saying Baker completed below 50% of his passes when he was blitzed?

Mind's narrative is crumbling ?.

42 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

However, he overthrew his target on his three deepest passes this season thus far. That's more of what I'm referring to. I want to see him land a bomb right in the bucket. 

I want to see more plays called with a higher probability of success, especially when we do not need a whole lot of yards to keep the chains moving.

Archived