#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

Just now, turtle28 said:

Maybe he will be and he can play center field, it’s just not how to best use him. Imo he’s better at center field than Swearinger.

1. He can't realistically.
  2. Even if he could, if that's not the best to use him, why would you do it?
  3. If he's best suited to play in the box, why bother???

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Except an in the box safety doesn't exactly sell tickets.  

Disagree Landon Collins is a household name. He was one of the best safety prospects to come out of Alabama. Redskins fans know him and know how well he's played against the Redskins since the Giants drafted him.

Defensive line and Offensive line don't exactly sell tickets either, but some of our best players play on our lines so guys like TWill, Scherff, Kerrigan, Allen and Payne will get marketed along with JNo & Collins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Disagree Landon Collins is a household name. He was one of the best safety prospects to come out of Alabama. Redskins fans know him and know how well he's played against the Redskins since the Giants drafted him.

Defensive line and Offensive line don't exactly sell tickets either, but some of our best players play on our lines so guys like TWill, Scherff, Kerrigan, Allen and Payne will get marketed along with JNo & Collins.

Meh. He's a household name to more than casual football fans. Is he to kids though? You don't see him out there like you would a QB or WR or RB. Heck, I think there's only a real handful of defensive guys out there. He could sell "some" tickets, but to @naptownskinsfan point, he's not selling those franchise player tickets.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Meh. He's a household name to more than casual football fans. Is he to kids though? You don't see him out there like you would a QB or WR or RB. Heck, I think there's only a real handful of defensive guys out there. He could sell "some" tickets, but to @naptownskinsfan point, he's not selling those franchise player tickets.

I think it depends on how he plays. If Collins comes in here and plays at a near all pro/pro bowl level then he’ll help the team win games which, in turn will help sell tickets.

Just bc he’s not a flashy QB or WR doesn’t mean that he won’t help sell tickets. Most Redskins fans wanted Collins drafted out of Alabama in 2015, they haven’t forgotten about him. Collins wanted to come to DC and the Redskins fans wanted him. 

I don’t think this is a usually safety signing. He’s no a nobody. People know him, they've wanted him in a Redskins uniform since 2015 and most Redskins fans are elated to have him.

It’s mostly only the curmudgeons in this forum who are complaining about this move.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It’s mostly only the curmudgeons in this forum who are complaining about this move.

... who have a much better track record of predicting the success/failure of players in Washington than the optimists do.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Woz said:

... who have a much better track record of predicting the success/failure of players in Washington than the optimists do.

careful, someone just claimed they were 100% accurate about a guy who got suspended for steroids.

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because its easy

To point out that the players they are acquiring are bad fits/overpaid/not good to begin with? Yeah, unfortunately, it is easy.

Of course, the question then becomes: why don't the optimists listen when told these points by those with much better track records on correctly analyzing the team and players?

I've made my bad calls over the years. I have copped to those. However, I believe my track record is more in the positive than the negative.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woz said:

As THE Head Curmudgeon, I concur with this 110%.

My record is pretty darn good. I only missed on Fletcher. That keeps me from being perfect.