#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

1 minute ago, Woz said:

It's that natural inclination of humanity: oh look, it's a trainwreck. I need to stop and stare at it.

True. I tend not to look in traffic lol because I just want to get home but the redskins are a drug lol Dysfunction Junction you have to stare lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to pile on because I wouldn't wish this scenario on anyone but Packers, but I was listening to a live (at time) podcast of 2017 first round today.  I heard  something I didn't know.  Around pick 8 or so, it gets reported by Schefter that Cleveland is desperately trying to trade with Redskins for Cousins.  

Redskins turned them down obviously because it didn't happen and instead they kept Cousins and paid him tag.

Given timing of announcement that presumably means Cleveland was offering 12th pick and possibly more.

So Redskins could have traded Cousins in 2017 and had Watson at 12 plus likely more picks.  Instead they kept Cousins, paid him a fortune and let him walk next year for nothing.  Traded for Smith, paid him and lost him to injury forever.

Franchise changing colossal mistake.  

Assuming it's true.  I listened to Schefter publicly calling a WR run near right before Davis, Williams and Ross were drafted so he was pretty plugged in to inside info that year.  Lends credence to his report in my mind.

Edited by dll2000

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I don't mean to pile on because I wouldn't wish this scenario on anyone but Packers, but I was listening to a live (at time) podcast of 2017 first round today.  I heard  something I didn't know.  Around pick 8 or so, it gets reported by Schefter that Cleveland is desperately trying to trade with Redskins for Cousins.  

Redskins turned them down obviously because it didn't happen and instead they kept Cousins and paid him tag.

Given timing of announcement that presumably means Cleveland was offering 12th pick and possibly more.

So Redskins could have traded Cousins in 2017 and had Watson at 12 plus likely more picks.  Instead they kept Cousins, paid him a fortune and let him walk next year for nothing.  Traded for Smith, paid him and lost him to injury forever.

Assuming it's true.  I listened to Schefter publicly calling a WR run near right before Davis, Williams and Ross were drafted so he was pretty plugged in to inside info that year.  Lends credence to his report in my mind.

When I first wrote this I thought I remembered Browns traded with KC who took Mahomes.  I forgot it was Houston who traded with Browns and Buffalo who traded with KC.

44 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

When I first wrote this I thought I remembered Browns traded with KC who took Mahomes.  I forgot it was Houston who traded with Browns and Buffalo who traded with KC.

Point being they still could've had Deshawn Watson! Sad!!!

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

This makes me a sad panda all over again. Thanks :(

tenor.gif

12 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This makes me a sad panda all over again. Thanks :(

tenor.gif

Sorry.  I like to relisten to old drafts because hindsight makes a lot of the hot takes funny.  

But when I heard that I was trying to wrap my head around the thinking of moment in Redskins war room.

Redskins obviously weren't high on Cousins because they wouldn't extend him. 

At time Schefter reported it Mahomes, Watson and Kizer (who a lot of people liked at time) were all on board and a possibility at Cleveland's pick.  Obviously, KC traded up for Mahommes, but that was not known at time of Cleveland offering.

Anyway, they must really, really not have liked any of those QBs given that they didn't like one they had very much.

The rookie, presumably Watson, was going to be way, way cheaper than Cousins giving them a ton of cap room and they were, at very least, keeping their existing first round pick and gaining Cleveland's.

Houston and KC had to give away future first round picks to get same deal they were passing up.

Really a historic blunder that I didn't even know existed until yesterday.  

Edited by dll2000
Typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 2:26 PM, Woz said:

When you have a moron in charge, you get decisions only a moron would make ...

Well so much for all our picks because we’re about to moron the end of our draft very early tomorrow!!!! Pick 3 and our draft is over until Saturday!!!