#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

Reading all this is nuts. Everyone has a different strategy on how to build a team. No sense in arguing with each other about it. Truth is what we have been missing is a competent qb. I can show you any roster, regardless of how talented it is that consistently struggled without good qb play. I can show you a bad roster with a great qb that is competitive. We need to somehow get our hands on a great qb and then the conversations between those on the forum would most likely be positive and civil.

On a side note Trey Quinn probably is Grudens little buddy but damn I like that kid. His route running is top notch. I can't wait to see how he will do in this system now that he is healthy. Big reason why Crowder is gone, Trey is going to start this season.

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Dude being mad isn't gonna change the fact Collins is signed. Cerrato I dont think got the team a SuperBowl either, so until that person comes along we both have to deal with the mediocrity. Some of yall acting as if we didn't need a ******* SS and this **** is getting on my nerves! 

Similarly, being mad at people for having an opinion that differs from yours and expressing it on a forum that is designed for them to do that very thing, is not gonna change the fact that they can do it and will continue to do it. There's always gonna be someone with a post that gets on your nerves. Just ignore the post(s). I do (even though I read each post).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Similarly, being mad at people for having an opinion that differs from yours and expressing it on a forum that is designed for them to do that very thing, is not gonna change the fact that they can do it and will continue to do it. There's always gonna be someone with a post that gets on your nerves. Just ignore the post(s). I do (even though I read each post).

Some I reply to, some I just agree to disagree. 

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Exactly.  There are a lot of moves this team makes that I disagree with.  I disagree for a variety of reasons.  There are also some that I absolutely like, and do the same with a variety of reasons.  

I really don't like the Collins deal.  I think it was just to sell jerseys, and spending that much on a limited player is not smart given the state of the rest of the roster.  At the same time, I also agree with signing Adrian Peterson.  However, my degree of like/dislike also equates to the investment.  I didn't really want HHCD back, but if he ended up signing for one year, $3.5 million I certainly don't have a problem with it.  

Personally, if the team isn't taking the cut from Alex Smith all in one season, they should do what the Colts did last year and try to carry over as much space as they can.  

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Exactly.  There are a lot of moves this team makes that I disagree with.  I disagree for a variety of reasons.  There are also some that I absolutely like, and do the same with a variety of reasons.  

I really don't like the Collins deal.  I think it was just to sell jerseys, and spending that much on a limited player is not smart given the state of the rest of the roster.  At the same time, I also agree with signing Adrian Peterson.  However, my degree of like/dislike also equates to the investment.  I didn't really want HHCD back, but if he ended up signing for one year, $3.5 million I certainly don't have a problem with it.  

Personally, if the team isn't taking the cut from Alex Smith all in one season, they should do what the Colts did last year and try to carry over as much space as they can.  

You constantly complaining about Collins is gonna help how? Is that gonna get the 12 million back? No, but you have the right to disagree with the move. We disagree so why not agree to just disagree instead of tryna shove your opinion down someone throat? Collins will be the Redskins "Box Safety" regardless what either of us post here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Jay Gruden heard about the Collins signing through a text from a media member. Bruce Allen calling all the shots and not communicating 

Stop. This is EB reporting it. Once someone with any kind of clout reports it or confirms it, which hasn’t happened yet, then I’ll believe it. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

It would be different if Bickel wasn’t reporting it. 

Why? I've never really known EB to throw something out there like that without a good feeling on a source. Those guys do have them. EB (I think) broke some news about the complications Alex Smith was having. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Stop. This is EB reporting it. Once someone with any kind of clout reports it or confirms it, which hasn’t happened yet, then I’ll believe it. 

I don’t listen to the local guys at all as far as tv and radio go. My go to is either the Post writers or Keim. I saw this on my CBS Sports alert feed. It does indeed source the individual in question 

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Why? I've never really known EB to throw something out there like that without a good feeling on a source. Those guys do have them. EB (I think) broke some news about the complications Alex Smith was having. 

I don’t believe EB has any concrete sources. It’s very believable because of the situation surrounding the team but I won’t actually believe it until someone more credible confirms it. 

40 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t believe EB has any concrete sources. 

But my question was why? These local guys get connections all the time. They interview and talk to these guys, see them at outside events, and teams have guys that they use to leak info for reasons (especially to garner reactions from the locals). EB would be a very obvious choice to be one of those guys (Dukes, Cooley, etc).

On one hand, it's a guy who is part of a radio crew known as the "Sports Junkies."

On the other, they've been doing the sports beat for 20-25 years now and while they're a bit crude/out there, you have to think they've made some contacts inside of Ashburn over the years.

So the question is: does this story feel plausible? Yes, yes it does given Brice. However, we cannot be sure. I'm taking it under advisement, but I'm not treating it as holy writ.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

But my question was why? These local guys get connections all the time. They interview and talk to these guys, see them at outside events, and teams have guys that they use to leak info for reasons (especially to garner reactions from the locals). EB would be a very obvious choice to be one of those guys (Dukes, Cooley, etc).

And Craig Hoffman, who’s much more of a source has already refuted this story. Didn’t take long.