#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

As pessimistic as I am, I dont rule out Sims eventually working his way to #1.

At least if the coaching staff were honest and didn't play favorites

I find it highly unlikely he even becomes a starter. When you read the comments from this guys post so many people are like yeah, he looked awesome during the preseason! But they weren’t joking, they were serious. They felt bc Sims looked great vs Dbs who didn’t make it in the league that he has #1 potential. Well, I need to see a heck of a lot more. At this point, I’m not even sure he has Doctson potential.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I find it highly unlikely he even becomes a starter. When you read the comments from this guys post so many people are like yeah, he looked awesome during the preseason! But they weren’t joking, they were serious. They felt bc Sims looked great vs Dbs who didn’t make it in the league that he has #1 potential. Well, I need to see a heck of a lot more. At this point, I’m not even sure he has Doctson potential.

At the same time, it's not like they have murderer's row at wide receiver:

• Likely starters
    • Paul Richardson
    • Josh Doctson
    • Trey Quinn
  • Backups
    • Robert Davis
    • Jehu Chesson
    • Darvin Kidsy
    • Tre McBride
    • Cam Sims

All he needs to do is flash a bit to make it to #4 on the roster. With Richardson being an injury risk, it becomes a relatively easy path to a starting gig. Does this mean he becomes a #1? No. But the chance is there and that's all some guys need.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Hence my point about the coaches making the competition an honest one

1 hour ago, Woz said:

• Likely starters
    • Paul Richardson
    • Josh Doctson
    • Trey Quinn
  • Backups
    • Robert Davis
    • Jehu Chesson
    • Darvin Kidsy
    • Tre McBride
    • Cam Sims

All he needs to do is flash a bit to make it to #4 on the roster. With Richardson being an injury risk, it becomes a relatively easy path to a starting gig. Does this mean he becomes a #1? No. But the chance is there and that's all some guys need.

This is my point.

If the coaches play favorite and only play him vs 4th stringers, the knock on him is "well he only did it to 4th stringers"

Meanwhile I am optimistic about him

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

This is my point.

If the coaches play favorite and only play him vs 4th stringers, the knock on him is "well he only did it to 4th stringers"

Meanwhile I am optimistic about him

The good news for him is that there doesn't seem to be a "coaches favorite" on the roster ... unless they are thinking of Chesson?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz said:

• Likely starters
    • Paul Richardson
    • Josh Doctson
    • Trey Quinn
  • Backups
    • Robert Davis
    • Jehu Chesson
    • Darvin Kidsy
    • Tre McBride
    • Cam Sims

At the moment, the season doesn't start tomorrow. We still have the rest of free agency and the  draft. I think the dude on Twitter anyone who agrees w/him is putting the cart way before the horse.

Edited by turtle28

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

At the moment, the season doesn't start tomorrow. We still have the rest of free agency and the  draft. I think the dude on Twitter anyone who agrees w/him is putting the cart way before the horse.

And I get that.

However, they've been very reticent in their moves so far, so I wouldn't expect a major WR to shake things up. Yes, there's the possibility of the draft (especially in the 2nd and 3rd rounds), but I can see them going away from WR as well.

Right now, however, Sims has a decent shot at playing time due to the injury history of the guys ahead of him on the outside.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I still support the signing. From this I see the lost we took is paying him 12 million more than we possibly needed to. Collins hopefully doesn't have any bad injury and can play past Chancellor's time period in the league. Chancellor was still playing at a All-Pro level before his neck injury. Thats why I support players getting thier money. Collins has his money and is playing for the team his Idol played with. I have no doubt he will give this team his all. 

My point is that after four years, Chancellor started to get nagging injuries that took him off the field and his play did start to slip.  This is what happens to box safeties.  Their lifespan isn't all that high.  It's why 12 years ago, LaRon Landry was the #6 overall pick, and when Landon Collins was drafted, it was in the second round.  

36 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

My point is that after four years, Chancellor started to get nagging injuries that took him off the field and his play did start to slip.  This is what happens to box safeties.  Their lifespan isn't all that high.  It's why 12 years ago, LaRon Landry was the #6 overall pick, and when Landon Collins was drafted, it was in the second round.  

Cool you can keep complaining, I'll enjoy watching Collins play for the Skins.

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Cool you can keep complaining, I'll enjoy watching Collins play for the Skins.

If you enjoy 6-9 wins each year, with a division shot once every four or so (with a first round exit out of the playoffs) be my guest.  

At least Cerrato made things exciting when he binged on free agents. 

Edited by naptownskinsfan

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If you enjoy 6-9 wins each year, with a division shot once every four or so (with a first round exit out of the playoffs) be my guest.  

At least Cerrato made things exciting when he binged on free agents. 

Dude being mad isn't gonna change the fact Collins is signed. Cerrato I dont think got the team a SuperBowl either, so until that person comes along we both have to deal with the mediocrity. Some of yall acting as if we didn't need a ******* SS and this **** is getting on my nerves! 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Dude being mad isn't gonna change the fact Collins is signed. Cerrato I dont think got the team a SuperBowl either, so until that person comes along we both have to deal with the mediocrity. Some of yall acting as if we didn't need a ******* SS and this **** is getting on my nerves! 

We didn’t need an $84 mil box safety