#WeFiredBruceAllen!!!

MKnight82

17 hours ago, FinSting said:

Just randomly scrolling the forums and see this thread. 

Dang, ya'll don't really like this guy Allen...

There's a reason this thread is pinned and featured. The guy is a snake.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

so, if we go 28-4 over the next two seasons , we get to .500 . O.o

Technically, a smidge over (due to that tie).

But my word, that is an eminently punchable face.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

DvnfoVnX4AAeucT.jpg

2010-2013 Shanahan had final say on football decisions and if there was a disagreement, it went to Snyder.

I know everyone likes to include it bc it makes Bruce’s record look worse, but anyone with knowledge of how the team was run from 2010-2013 knows that  Allen was mostly just the salary cap guy that Mike Shanahan said he wanted hire or he wouldn’t take the job in 2009.

So, I have a hard time putting 2010-2013 and those 3 losing seasons on Bruce Allen knowing the facts.

Edited by turtle28

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

2010-2013 Shanahan had final say on football decisions and if there was a disagreement, it went to Snyder.

I know everyone likes to include it bc it makes Bruce’s record look worse, but anyone with knowledge of how the team was run from 2010-2013 knows that  Allen was mostly just the salary cap guy that Mike Shanahan said he wanted hire or he wouldn’t take the job in 2009.

So, I have a hard time putting 2010-2013 and those 3 losing seasons on Bruce Allen knowing the facts.

Okay then, the franchise's under him solely record is 35-44-1 (photo is from mid-2018 season). 0.431 vs 0.413. Never better than a nine win season.

Not like it's that much better.

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

DvnfoVnX4AAeucT.jpg

Such a shame we didn’t have a 2014 1st round pick after that terrible season. Has anyone ever come out and said who we would’ve picked?  Guessing Greg Robinson knowing our extreme need at RT that year, so maybe it didn’t matter. But if we had picked Mack... man. 

44 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okay then, the franchise's under him solely record is 35-44-1 (photo is from mid-2018 season). 0.431 vs 0.413. Never better than a nine win season.

Brice hired Shanahan.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Yeah, I totally agree it’s not good, but I hate it w/ a passion especially on the radio when sports jockeys who should know more than me report this wrong. It makes me want to break my radio!

49 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Brice hired Shanahan.

No Shanahan told Snyder he’d take the job if Brice was hired to handle the salary cap.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4801852

"I wanted a guy that knows that like I know football. Bruce is that guy. So we will work together. Do I have the final say? Maybe you could say that," Shanahan said with a shrug. "But you know what? I would never use that. ... One of the reasons I was so excited about Bruce is I know Bruce will not agree with me on a lot of things, and that's what I'm looking for."

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I totally agree it’s not good, but I hate it w/ a passion especially on the radio when sports jockeys who should know more than me report this wrong. It makes me want to break my radio!

Regardless of how much power he has had or not, he's been one of the top guys in the front office for a decade now.

The team has been middling at best during his tenure. And it's not like he was some sort of wunderkind in Tampa either: 38-42 in five years with a team that had won a Super Bowl two years prior. So as the primary GM, in ten years, his two teams are a collective 73-86-1, or 0.459.

He only has a job here because he's the son of George Allen. He only keeps his job here because plasters his face right up into Snyder's dark nether regions.

I don't get why you get mad at sports talk people getting stuff wrong. They do that all the time. Their job isn't accuracy, but filling air time in entertaining ways.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Such a shame we didn’t have a 2014 1st round pick after that terrible season. Has anyone ever come out and said who we would’ve picked?  Guessing Greg Robinson knowing our extreme need at RT that year, so maybe it didn’t matter. But if we had picked Mack... man. 

My guess is we would’ve taken Mack bc we let Rak go or Mike Evans bc we needed a WR with a large catch radius for RG3.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Regardless of how much power he has had or not, he's been one of the top guys in the front office for a decade now.

The team has been middling at best during his tenure. And it's not like he was some sort of wunderkind in Tampa either: 38-42 in five years with a team that had won a Super Bowl two years prior. So as the primary GM, in ten years, his two teams are a collective 73-86-1, or 0.459.

He only has a job here because he's the son of George Allen. He only keeps his job here because plasters his face right up into Snyder's dark nether regions.

I don't get why you get mad at sports talk people getting stuff wrong. They do that all the time. Their job isn't accuracy, but filling air time in entertaining ways.

I’m not disputing any of that but it bugs when certain posters or talking heads on the radio or on TV ignores the truth bc they’re always trying to defend Shanahan as someone who never made a bad decision. The truth matters.

Edited by turtle28

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not disputing any of that but it bugs when certain posters or talking heads on the radio or on TV ignores the truth bc they’re always trying to defend Shanahan as someone who never made a bad decision. The truth matters.

At the same time, he was involved with those decisions when Shanahan was here. Yes, he might not have had final say, but you don't think he had zero input, do you?

3 hours ago, Woz said:

At the same time, he was involved with those decisions when Shanahan was here. Yes, he might not have had final say, but you don't think he had zero input, do you?

Final say is what matters to me. People rip people all the time for having final say when something doesn’t go right  and it was ultimately their decisions.

Edited by turtle28