...just maybe...

navysaintsfan

OK, I'm in the camp of not trading away pieces or picks right now for splash moves. But...

What if we made a move on Patrick Peterson who apparently wants out of Arizona right now? On NFL Network Deion was asked who he thinks should make a trade for him. His only answer was New Orleans. Lattimore and Peterson? Let that sink in.

Like I said with our lack of picks already I'm honestly fine just trading them all at this point lol. 

Give us all the talent you can for the next year or potentially two before our homegrown need new contracts. Screw the consequences! xD

What would he cost? And what's the contract situation like?

Don't get me wrong I'd absolutely love to have Patrick Peterson on the team, but we have built an incredible nucleus of young talented players the past few years. I don't know that it is worth the risk to lose 1-2 of these young talented players for a guy like Peterson. Looks like he has cap hits of 11 million and 13 million the next 2 years. Now if there was a way to pull this off without completely killing our cap, and losing some of our young talent I'm all for it. It looks like we signed Kurt Coleman to a fairly hefty contract. If we could find a way to minimize his cap hit in getting rid of him, that may open up quite a bit of space for a guy like Peterson. Coleman has 7 million and 6 million in cap hits the next 2 years.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/patrick-peterson-7720/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/kurt-coleman-6752/

7 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Don't get me wrong I'd absolutely love to have Patrick Peterson on the team, but we have built an incredible nucleus of young talented players the past few years. I don't know that it is worth the risk to lose 1-2 of these young talented players for a guy like Peterson. Looks like he has cap hits of 11 million and 13 million the next 2 years. Now if there was a way to pull this off without completely killing our cap, and losing some of our young talent I'm all for it. It looks like we signed Kurt Coleman to a fairly hefty contract. If we could find a way to minimize his cap hit in getting rid of him, that may open up quite a bit of space for a guy like Peterson. Coleman has 7 million and 6 million in cap hits the next 2 years.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/patrick-peterson-7720/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/kurt-coleman-6752/

Coleman's deal was essentially a 1 year prove it deal. He's getting cut after this year. Von Bell has played much better than him.

8 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

OK, I'm in the camp of not trading away pieces or picks right now for splash moves. But...

What if we made a move on Patrick Peterson who apparently wants out of Arizona right now? On NFL Network Deion was asked who he thinks should make a trade for him. His only answer was New Orleans. Lattimore and Peterson? Let that sink in.

I've heard nothing about him wanting out, so I highly doubt this happens. It was probably just Deion not wanting to see a great players talents wasted. 

That being said, I'm all for it.xD

9 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

What do you give up for him?

56 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Dont let the team he plays on fool you... Peterson is still one of the top players at his position and would cost assets we dont possess to get him and thats IF hes even on the block.

I was pretty sure Mid was making a joke.

I hope so anyways lol. Cause that wouldn't come close 

I can see it now though.

"We'll give you a 3rd and Kurt Coleman."

"Make it a 4th."

"Uhhhhhh. So you want Coleman and 4th rather than Coleman and a 3rd?"

"No. We thought if we only asked for a 4th you wouldn't make us take Coleman too."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived