Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

28 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m thinking the same thing. At pick 17, White would make sense value wise.

He’s going to go much higher, most mocks have him in cinci. I pray we get him or move up. I know LBs aren’t really that high on positional value. They’re kinda like RBs. But this dude isn’t just a LB he’s a playmaker jaylon smith style. Imo

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

How is Houston’s WRs more talented? Hopkins and Hilton are a wash. Houston’s secondary sucks, their fans will tell you that.

What Houston LB is better than Leonard?

In no way is Hilton and Hopkins a wash. Hopkins is top 5 , Fuller even though he’s hurt is better then anyone else Indy has, every buddy else is a wash. Hilton isn’t even a top 10 WR. Houston secondary does suck but it’s better athletically then anyone on Indy outside of hooker. And hooker and Reid are a wash. Jackson and Jospeh are better corners then Desir and i don’t even know who is opposite of him. Leonard isn’t the LB on that team as a whole McKinney,Clowney,Mercilus,Cunningham are all better then anyone colts have outside of Leonard. Now is Leonard the best LB on the field yes but as a whole they are considerably weaker. 

Seeing Watson today was a nice refresher that it was worth waiting for Baker, plus acquiring all of the other assets along the way.

Those times sucked, but I honestly wouldn't trade Bake for Mahomes. I think Patrick may have the higher ceiling, but he would not have come close to accomplishing those things here. Andy Reid knew how to construct the perfect offense for him, with all of the weapons in place. 

It's tough to prove, but my feeling is that Baker has higher adaptability. In this instance, having to adapt to Hue/Haley's offense, keep things on track with the coaching changes and set an example everyday along the way as a rookie. Mahomes claims he needed his first season on the bench. The Browns simply couldn't afford it, and it took someone with Baker's swagger to overcome these obstacles as effectively as this team did.

Mahomes is still mah dude. You bet your *** I reached for him in fantasy (Keeper league hell yes) when I grabbed him in the 12th round.

1 game and everyone forgets everything Deshaun Watson has displayed last year... this entire year.... LOL

He's been amazing this year if anyone's really watched the games. 

He played poorly today on some decisive throws. That is all.

I did not want to draft him, but his play over the past 2 years has proven he's likely to be a long-term franchise QB. 1 bad game and the hot takes pour in "We won the trade.. " ... "Deshaun Sucks"

How about:

1.) Deshaun played poorly today. He was Amazing all season except for a few games, and showed all year that he's likely a long-term franchise QB despite poor offensive line and lack of skill players.

2.) Baker had a great first year and looks to be on his way to being a long-term franchise QB but it's so early...

@Mind Character Watson has already exceeded my expectations. I was never super high on him but he had been arguably a top 5 QB in the NFL this season. Not to mention, playing behind an atrocious offensive line and the constant beating he had to take. I still don't view him as someone who can consistently make all the elite throws. That's why I still feel good about Baker over Watson. I'd take Darnold over him too.

So rumor is Von Miller is on the block and could be had for a 1st and 3rd obviously that’s a stretch for a 29 year old OLB but he’s also von Miller and could prob play 3-4 years at this level or close. Myles Garrett is already recruiting him on Twitter. Would you do it ? I thought we should have gone after Mack last year I probably wed think long and hard about it. Maybe drop that 3rd and roll it over too 2020

Archived