Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

11 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

So rumor is Von Miller is on the block and could be had for a 1st and 3rd obviously that’s a stretch for a 29 year old OLB but he’s also von Miller and could prob play 3-4 years at this level or close. Myles Garrett is already recruiting him on Twitter. Would you do it ? I thought we should have gone after Mack last year I probably wed think long and hard about it. Maybe drop that 3rd and roll it over too 2020

Id give them 2 2nds and a 3rd.

it would cost us 5 million, 13 million and then 18 million. Id pull the trigger he has a few years left. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id give them 2 2nds and a 3rd.

Ppl can say what they want but I really really want Hassan Reddick I truly believe in a von Miller like roll he could be elite. Like top 5. I know that’s a stretch but athletically he’s one of the most gifted players in the nfl. He’s be perfect as a 3-4 rush LB and def someone I’d go after if we switch 

8 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

@Mind Character Watson has already exceeded my expectations. I was never super high on him but he had been arguably a top 5 QB in the NFL this season. Not to mention, playing behind an atrocious offensive line and the constant beating he had to take. I still don't view him as someone who can consistently make all the elite throws. That's why I still feel good about Baker over Watson. I'd take Darnold over him too.

Good take. Good stuff. Glad to hear from someone that has actually watched other NFL games and other QBs play this year.

Of course, you're entitled to your own opinion that he can't consistently make elite throws, but I'd have to disagree just based on the consistent elite throws Watson has made time and time again this year with a large sample size. He's made some insane throws from within the pocket. I am however a person that made the case that Watson "could not consistently make elite throws" when Watson was a college prospect. The game evidence has changed my opinion however.

This game was arguably in the top 4-5 of his worst games of his career in my opinion.

Baker and Darnold over Watson may be a solid conclusion and prediction, but it's just too soon to have any real confidence behind such opinions imo. Baker looked great. Darnold came on strong toward the end of year and had a solid rookie QB season relative to the youngest rookie QB experience.

The truth is that we won't know what the QBs are until at least year 3 and others with trash rosters around them until at least 4. If I had to predict, I'm still of the belief that by year 3 out of Darnold, Baker, and Watson that it will be Darnold and Baker neck and neck with Darnold overtaking Baker by a slight edge and Watson a close 3rd. BUT it could be Watson that separates himself, followed by Darnold then Baker 3rd, or Baker the clear number 1 then Watson followed by a regressing Darnold.

Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, Mitchell Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, Patrick Mahomes, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, and Josh Rosen..... 3 years from now what will the ranking be??

It's tough ... only time will tell ... like we've talked about before "Enjoy the ride. Just ride the wave as long as it lasts; let us be grateful for Baker's good play and hope it continues."

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Those times sucked, but I honestly wouldn't trade Bake for Mahomes. I think Patrick may have the higher ceiling, but he would not have come close to accomplishing those things here. Andy Reid knew how to construct the perfect offense for him, with all of the weapons in place. 

There are only 3 QBs in the league I'd even consider trading Baker for right this instant (I have to give up being a prisoner of the moment):

1. Patrick Mahomes (You're right he would've struggled here if he played last year, but he would've went crazy in a Kitchens offense this year as well)

2.) Russell Wilson (He's does more with less and still has a good 7-10 years of elite play) ... assuming we're trying to make SB run in the next 3 years.

3.) Andrew Luck (If his shoulder is 100% good like Wilson ... he does more with less and still has a good 7-10 years of elite play left) ... assuming we're trying to make SB run in the next 3 years.

The 4th I'd consider would be Aaron Rodgers in the event that we were trying to make a run in the next 3 years.

Dak Prescott gets a ton of hate for some reason, but there's an outside chance that if he levels up in year 4 or 5 that he'd be worth the trade given his steady run and pass production, as well as minimization of TOs.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

There are only 3 QBs in the league I'd consider trading Baker for right this instant (I have to give up being a prisoner of the moment):

1. Patrick Mahomes (You're right he would've struggled here if he played last year, but he would've went crazy in a Kitchens offense this year as well)

2.) Russell Wilson (He's does more with less and still has a good 7-10 years of elite play)

3.) Andrew Luck (If his shoulder is 100% good like Wilson ... he does more with less and still has a good 7-10 years of elite play left)

The 4th I'd consider would be Aaron Rodgers in the event that we were trying to make a run in the next 3 years.

Dak Prescott gets a ton of hate for some reason, but there's an outside chance that if he levels up in year 4 or 5 that he'd be worth the trade given his steady run and pass production, as well as minimization of TOs.

First and foremost, I need a Dak Prescott Level up GIF...ASAP

Second, I think that's a fair sentiment. Right now, I'm just enamored by the fiery leadership he's exemplified, and some of the throws I've witnessed out of him this season. It feels like he's the perfect man for the task of shifting the culture in Cleveland. Knowing what we know now about how the season unfolded, it's hard to imagine that anyone could have overcome these odds in their rookie season quite as effectively as Baker. I mean...he did put up ABSURD rookie numbers this year. Granted, Russell still holds the record for the highest-ranked rookie QB season, I still prefer Baker based off the fact that while Russell may have 7-10 years left, I feel more confident that Baker can last 15+ years. 

I want a dynasty. Being greedy is what sports fandom is all about. That's why, to me, Mahomes is the only one worth mentioning. But the leadership and attitude are things that I've come to value so much, I still wouldn't trade Mayfield for Mahomes.

24 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

As I’m watching the Cowboys and Seahawks I’ve realized something. We are 1 offseason away from being a playoff team.

Both these teams have huge holes.

Our target should be afc championship and superbowl. 

I think we need 5 players, dt, de, olb, cb, back up oline.

Archived