Checking in with Trubisky

WindyCity

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He looks bad in that he keeps missing wide open TD passes. That can be very frustrating because its obvious to anyone.  You don't have to know anything to see a ball go over the head or be under thrown to a wide open player.  It's like he is hitting the 360 spin move fall away and missing lay ups.  He has also been very bad against the blitz.  I think that will come with time.

Worth noting that his WRs didn't have a great game vs NE either.  Robinson was hobbled.  Drops and TD call backs are mentally taxing.  One pick was on Bellamy.  Also, on scramble drills WRs need to work back to him better.  They are being lazy.

Still playing better than anything we have seen in decades and future looks good.  In recent years we couldn't score points at all.  It was pathetic.  You got down by 8 or more and it was effectively over.  

I think it really sucks to fans that Watson was playing out of his mind last year and Mahomes is playing out of his mind this year.  Kind of funny how everyone imagines we had Watson last year and imagines Mahomes this year.  Adds a lot of fan displeasure.  They always want the could have been.

Real issue of last two weeks has been defensive game plans and the slow or non-existent adjustments, not the offense and MT.   They have been poop.  Mack and Floyd covering White?  That is just stupid.  Mack sucks in coverage, with a bum ankle he is worthless in coverage.  Floyd is a zone space eater he can't stay with White on option routes.  That's what they were.  If Floyd is to inside I go outside.  If he is to outside I go inside.  Then I simply outrun him.     Roquan should have been on White or blitzing every play White was in the game.   He is only one who matches up.   Even idiot radio guys know this.  It isn't hard.  How can Fangio not know this?  It's like he is mailing it in this season. 

Also you can't give up 2 special teams TDs and expect to win.  Near impossible in NFL.

Are you the guy who posted all those cut up vids on Twitter of Mitch saying how he missed 8 TD throws this past Sunday?

It's obvious he missed more than a few throws in the NE game but the encouraging thing is that at least he's making the right reads,. He just has to get the touch and timing down better, and more importantly set his feet better in the pocket.  He had an off day with this on Sunday compared to the previous two games.  Playing against Belichick for the first time will certainly do that to you.

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't think they have near as much talent at WR or the offensive play calling ability as the previous two teams to be worried about that.

That part doesn't matter to me... I don't trust this team right now.

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't think they have near as much talent at WR or the offensive play calling ability as the previous two teams to be worried about that.

Miami shouldn't have been able to do what they did.  WR?TE screens and RB in flat?  Come on.  That was pathetic.  They should have been all 3 and outs after first quarter revealed their game plan.  Just move everybody up.  Simple.  

NE much harder because Brady can hurt you anywhere if he has a deep threat. Still with Gronk out, White should have been option to take away.  Make Gordon beat you deep again and again.  Take away the easy yards.

Bears are just playing base 3-4 D.  Have to watch coaches film to be sure.  But there is no offense specific game plan.  

30 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Are you the guy who posted all those cut up vids on Twitter of Mitch saying how he missed 8 TD throws this past Sunday?

It's obvious he missed more than a few throws in the NE game but the encouraging thing is that at least he's making the right reads,. He just has to get the touch and timing down better, and more importantly set his feet better in the pocket.  He had an off day with this on Sunday compared to the previous two games.  Playing against Belichick for the first time will certainly do that to you.

That's what I see, too. Does he make a bad throw every now and again? Yeah, but the misses are good reads. He just isn't hitting them. He isn't making a habit out of poor decisions. The accuracy will come. We saw it vs Tampa and Miami.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:49 AM, WindyCity said:

He still made plays at the end of those games.

End of which games--losses or wins? I'm asking this because I'm starting to feel like people are not reading my initial post that they're responding too &/or reading it wrong. 

2 of 3 our wins have come down to key plays made late in games and we still won in spite of Mitch (SEA, ARI). The Bucs game--I can't say anything about that other than it wasn't Micth who played very good but the defense also shut em down as well.

The point I was making was, not only have we have not seen any play made from Mitch that make you go "WOW" (late in games, during losses), but even in our 3 wins I still feel like we would've still won with ANY average QB. 

This is what I'm saying when talking about that killer instinct. 

Yesterday he went TD drive

Yeah, after we were down 14(?) because he squandered away yet another TD opportunity to Miller(two in that game BTW--3 on the year) to tie the game who had his man beat by 3 yards and instead of leading him into the end zone, he under threw the ball, which caused Miller to slow down his route and got it picked off.

We call that a wash my friend.

and incredible hail marry throw while getting hit.

Cmon now....stop reaching. An incredible hailmary?! Are you kidding me--the Pats defense was strictly in prevent as per football for dummies.

They rushed 4 defenders,  had 1 defender 30 yards downfield on the right side (the side where QB's are most accurate throwing too) and another 6 defenders guarding the end zone.......knowing they only had to prevent a TD to take home a win and they did just that.

Calling that incredible is the definition of a reach in order to try an prop up your guy and make him sound better than he is. That pass was equal to a QB who throws a hailmary to end a half. 

I guarantee if that play had been picked off and his stat line read 1 more pick, the narrative around here for the rest of the season would have been, "well one of his picks were on a last second throw". You can't have it both ways.

Besides (and kind of off subject), the way that game had been going all evening. Even if we had scored on that play, there was almost no way we were going to win it. At no point in that game did we have any momentum for more than a few minutes. Especially on offense.

On 10/23/2018 at 9:53 AM, beardown3231 said:

He was a huge factor behind 28 second half points in Miami. I get it that he isn't versatile enough to get out there and tackle Albert Wilson, but I don't really put that on him.

I would also say that he made some big throws to lead them down for the GW field goal vs Arizona, too.

On Sunday, he scored a TD on his second to last drive and came within a yard of another TD on the final drive.

^Add another to this list of those who didn't read my post.

ARI game?!....get the hell out of here if you think Mitch had any part in us winning that game (likewise with the SEA game). That game was won in typical Bears football fashion. Defense dominates while the offense relies on the run with a game manager behind center who does just enough to NOT lose us the game. It reminding me of exactly why we should've kept using Orton in the playoffs in 04. 

The defense kept the Bears in the Dolphins game for the ENTIRE game? Look, I don't know what Miami/Chicago game you watched, but the D didn't keep them in the game for the ENTIRE game.

I think our discussion here about Fitz went over your head.

And of course, QB's 18 games into their career never make mistakes therefore Trubisky will never be a "true" QB.

Yeah because that's exactly what I was saying.

But while I'm at it, can you name a QB that has succeeded whenever he hasn't kept his eyes down field?

On 10/23/2018 at 1:39 PM, G08 said:

Still on Goff's pace.......LMAO!!!!!!!!!! (A literal laugh too, not just one for the internet).

I don't even know where to start with this mis-representation....

Do I start with the far number of missed targets in the red zone? Or the better pass protection that Micth has through 6 game than Goff had last year through games? Or the far better catch % per target that Mitch has vs Goff through 6 games? Or how about DYAR or DVOA where Goff was 6th and 7th in the league, respectively, after 6 games and Mitch is currently 19th in both? Or the fact that Goff had not overthrown a target, under threw, threw behind, etc, in the end zone at all through the first 4 games--can't say I can say the same for Mitch at this point.

But I guess since we're comparing Mitch to Goff, Mitch is also going to be a front-runner for MVP coming this time next season as well.  

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Still on Goff's pace.......LMAO!!!!!!!!!! (A literal laugh too, not just one for the internet).

Do I start with the far number of missed targets in the red zone? Or the better pass protection that Micth has through 6 game than Goff had last year through games? Or the far better catch % per target that Mitch has vs Goff through 6 games? Or how about DYAR or DVOA where Goff was 6th and 7th in the league, respectively, after 6 games and Mitch is currently 19th in both? Or the fact that Goff had not overthrown a target, under threw, threw behind, etc, in the end zone at all through the first 4 games--can't say I can say the same for Mitch at this point.

But I guess since we're comparing Mitch to Goff, Mitch is also going to be a front-runner for MVP coming this time next season as well.  

Do you have these numbers?

Green Bay: Drives the team down the field that with any defensive pulse wins the game.

14 plays 61 yards, chewed up 6:30. Trubisky converts 2 3rd downs [1 passing, 1 running]

Miami: Defense allows a long TD to tie the game and Mitch goes right down the field and scores a TD to take the lead.

11 plays, 69 yards, kills 5:51 off the clock Mitch goes 3/5, 47 yards, TD

Miami: Is driving them down the field for a game winning FG when Cohen fumbles at midfield.

Mitch goes 3/3 25 yards.

New England: Down 2 scores he goes right down the field and scores a TD to make it a one score game.

5/6, 53 yards, TD

In all 3 loses Trubisky has led key 4th quarter drives to put the Bears in a position to win the game [GB and Miami] and to give them a chance to win [NE]. Those are big drives that did not win the game because defense and special teams **** the bed.

In 2/3 of the wins he has not done a lot.

Against TB he was incredible.

I would say right now he is 

3/6 making a major contribution to the game [TB, Miami, GB] *Was not great against GB, but based on the context the FG drive should have been enough.

1/6 Push [NE]

2/6 Along for the ride [Sea, AZ]

There will always be haters, that’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating *** kids

Cmon now....stop reaching. An incredible hailmary?! Are you kidding me--the Pats defense was strictly in prevent as per football for dummies.

Besides (and kind of off subject), the way that game had been going all evening. Even if we had scored on that play, there was almost no way we were going to win it. At no point in that game did we have any momentum for more than a few minutes. Especially on offense.

1. The hail marry was incredible. That was a great throw while getting hit. I am not talking about the result, just the throw.

2. We have no idea what happens in OT. The Patriots had been off all day and were feasting on our special teams more than anything.

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Stats never tell the full story, of course, but this at least gets a conversation started.

To a man, if you told me through 6 games Trubisky would have: 

139 completions 211 attempts 65.9% 1594 yards 13 TD   6 INT     7.6 YPA       97.1 rating

I'd be happy.

Archived