Dune 2000 Mafia - D5

Matts4313

NOTE: This is not me saying I'm playing. This is me commenting on the rules from one game moderator to another.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

4. Don't edit or delete posts. Insta-death and your team will suffer. <== Scratch that, You can edit or delete, but be forewarned that if it messes with the VC, I will likely punish people. 

This is probably a mistake. Stick with the insta-death policy.

Even if it does cause you to be accused of having no honor/morals/what-have-you.

9. If you believe I have made a mistake, or have been unfair, you're wrong. 

This, on the other hand ... keep this. Enforce this. Be absolutely merciless about this.

It makes it so much nicer to crush the whiny brats with an iron fist when you are accused of having no honor/morals/what-have-you.

11. The host will always make a mistake, if you see one, please revert to rule #9 and after that PM me. 

No need to admit this, though. :D

13. Zombies are allowed but only one post a night if you died and want to come back a zombie. Please and thank you. 

Point of order: since there is the concept of "Zombies" in some games (see Zombie Lord on mafiascum), you might want to clarify that this is only for the in game dead to mock the mistakes of town or mafia comment on the game's progression.

14. Have fun, this is a game. 

Yeah, no one is going to read down to this one. They'll complain bitterly, rend garments, flip tables (metaphorically and literally), and rage quit.

Instead, tell them to eff off ... try to understand it's a game ... no, eff off was the right call.

AGAIN, this was just commentary on the rules, not me signing up. I'm not saying I won't eventually sign up, just not right now (not sure how the next couple of weeks will shake out work wise).

19 minutes ago, Woz said:

NOTE: This is not me saying I'm playing. This is me commenting on the rules from one game moderator to another.

Even if it does cause you to be accused of having no honor/morals/what-have-you.

This, on the other hand ... keep this. Enforce this. Be absolutely merciless about this.

It makes it so much nicer to crush the whiny brats with an iron fist when you are accused of having no honor/morals/what-have-you.

Point of order: since there is the concept of "Zombies" in some games (see Zombie Lord on mafiascum), you might want to clarify that this is only for the in game dead to mock the mistakes of town or mafia comment on the game's progression.

Yeah, no one is going to read down to this one. They'll complain bitterly, rend garments, flip tables (metaphorically and literally), and rage quit.

Instead, tell them to eff off ... try to understand it's a game ... no, eff off was the right call.

AGAIN, this was just commentary on the rules, not me signing up. I'm not saying I won't eventually sign up, just not right now (not sure how the next couple of weeks will shake out work wise).

glad to have you aboard!

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Those are rules ala 2015 and they are staying. Now get your arse in the game.

Edit - clarified the rules. And signed you up. Welcome to bloody mafia.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Youre no fun.

I was serious in that I'm not sure what my work level is like. If I'm going to play, I want to be able to devote my time and effort to it (well, on Day 2 onwards).

Just now, Malfatron said:

exhibit D on your lack of character

Okay, that made me laugh. This moved the possibility back to "might play," but again it depends.

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

I was serious in that I'm not sure what my work level is like. If I'm going to play, I want to be able to devote my time and effort to it (well, on Day 2 onwards).

Okay, that made me laugh. This moved the possibility back to "might play," but again it depends.

Its bloody mafia. 

Hell, I might kill you as host just as a precursor to this upcoming Boys v Skins showdown. 

1 minute ago, Woz said:

good. im not going to try this game either 

its going to be a mass killing, no scum hunting game, reckless abandon, only fun posts, parody game

the last thing we need is a tryhard in this game.

this is going to be waaar!!!!!

Archived