18 members have voted

1. 1. What is the GOTW?

• #6 Michigan @ #24 Michigan State
    • #9 Oklahoma @ TCU
    • #16 NC State @ #3 Clemson
    • #22 Mississippi State @ #5 LSU
    • #12 Oregon @ #25 Washington State

Just now, NateDawg said:

Wisky has 1 more rushing attempt this year than OSU and over 600 more rushing yards. 

In the 4th quarter of the BYU game, we were getting consistently beaten on pressure with 4 guys and they were shedding blocks in the run game. "Best OL in the country" had a 1st round pick RT get pancaked 1-1 on a 3rd down and 8 at the last real play of the game.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

In the 4th quarter of the BYU game, we were getting consistently beaten on pressure with 4 guys and they were shedding blocks in the run game. "Best OL in the country" had a 1st round pick RT get pancaked 1-1 on a 3rd down and 8 at the last real play of the game.

Their struglges in pass blocking make no sense. It's not even just them getting beat by speed rushers, they've gotten tossed at times. Still pretty dominant in run blocking, but definitely a letdown in pass blocking outside of Van Lanen. And then Chryst compounds the problem when he doesn't just grind defenses down with JT and the other RBs enough.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We lost to ******* BYU man.

There is no question which unit is better, Clemson's DL, but I'm asking who has been the bigger disappointment. Wisconsin was merely hyped as the best OL in 2018, with their 3 1st round offensive linemen. The Clemson DL was hyped as an all timer unit, but I'm not sure they've even been the best DL in the country. Asking though since I hardly have watched them this season.

1 hour ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Their struglges in pass blocking make no sense. It's not even just them getting beat by speed rushers, they've gotten tossed at times. Still pretty dominant in run blocking, but definitely a letdown in pass blocking outside of Van Lanen. And then Chryst compounds the problem when he doesn't just grind defenses down with JT and the other RBs enough.

I don't even know if I'd call them a great run blocking unit, JT is just a phenomenal back, and Deal is no slouch either. It is impossible to truly separate the OL from the runner, but so many times it looks like JT making something out of nothing. The OL will have it's fair share of flashy plays, plays where they just seal off an edge with a vengeance and create a huge gain, but overall? Yet to really impose their will against a respectable front 7.

57 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don't even know if I'd call them a great run blocking unit, JT is just a phenomenal back, and Deal is no slouch either. It is impossible to truly separate the OL from the runner, but so many times it looks like JT making something out of nothing. The OL will have it's fair share of flashy plays, plays where they just seal off an edge with a vengeance and create a huge gain, but overall? Yet to really impose their will against a respectable front 7.

They lead the nation in line yards, and are dominant in the run game, but mediocre in the pass game. JT is great, but the line helps deliver him a few yards downfield, and then he does damage.

There's basically no reason that Wisconsin should do anything besides run the ball on third and short. The Michigan game was the first time they didn't convert on 3rd and less than 2 or 3, IIRC, and that's because they kept throwing. And they were punishing Michigan's DTs.

On 10/22/2018 at 7:23 PM, JammerHammer21 said:

They lead the nation in line yards, and are dominant in the run game, but mediocre in the pass game. JT is great, but the line helps deliver him a few yards downfield, and then he does damage.

There's basically no reason that Wisconsin should do anything besides run the ball on third and short. The Michigan game was the first time they didn't convert on 3rd and less than 2 or 3, IIRC, and that's because they kept throwing. And they were punishing Michigan's DTs.

Tackling would be the word I'd use. Dieter must've gotten away with half a dozen holds.

1 hour ago, cp0k2 said:

Tackling would be the word I'd use. Dieter must've gotten away with half a dozen holds.

The worst was Edwards's blatant hold on Chase that went uncalled. Either way, they did damage against Mone and Kemp, a little less against Solomon and Marshall, but still a ton.

Archived