18 members have voted

1. 1. What is the GOTW?

• #6 Michigan @ #24 Michigan State
    • #9 Oklahoma @ TCU
    • #16 NC State @ #3 Clemson
    • #22 Mississippi State @ #5 LSU
    • #12 Oregon @ #25 Washington State

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

No. My thing is I just want to see LSU in the game in the 4th quarter. They lost to Florida but they led 19-14 in the 4th quarter. They trailed by 1pt then 8pts with the ball. They had a shot. That’s the only thing I ask for. 

A team that lost to Florida isn’t very likely to play close against Alabama. Doesn’t seem very likely.

9 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

No. My thing is I just want to see LSU in the game in the 4th quarter. They lost to Florida but they led 19-14 in the 4th quarter. They trailed by 1pt then 8pts with the ball. They had a shot. That’s the only thing I ask for. 

You doubt they’ll win. So ... you’re doubting LSU. I mean, I don’t care. It’s just a curious position to take when one is calling out others for doubting LSU is going to win.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's the difference between you and me. You're a Yankees and Rams and frontrunner fan. I'm a fan of the teams I've loved because I get to see them.

Stan Kroenke stole the Rams from me. They can die. So can he. Ideally of dementia, and ideally very very slowly. **** the Rams. 

Couldn't it be that he was returning them to their home of 48 years? They were only in St Louis for 20 years.

39 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

You can throw 20% in index funds and another 10% in long term US Treasury bonds and hit it within six months if you play it right.

I think that's pretty optimistic. 25% of your winnings are withheld for tax purposes. 

1 hour ago, WeaponX said:

A team that lost to Florida isn’t very likely to play close against Alabama. Doesn’t seem very likely.

TBF, they lost to Florida in the Swamp and did blow out UGA in Baton Rouge. However, Bama with Tua just seems unbeatable.

1 hour ago, WeaponX said:

What do you say about a team that dismantled Georgia at home? See like I tell my friend, it’s tough to win road games in the SEC. it’s tough to win road games period. Purdue just dismantled Ohio State at home. As I pointed out, two years ago at home LSU and Bama was tied 0-0 heading into the 4th quarter. So if you are going to hold an 8pt road loss against LSU when Georgia and Ohio State both got dismantled on the road then I don’t know what to tell you. Bama toughest test will come at Death Valley and I believe LSU will be gamed. Nothing will be easy in that game.

1 hour ago, fretgod99 said:

You doubt they’ll win. So ... you’re doubting LSU. I mean, I don’t care. It’s just a curious position to take when one is calling out others for doubting LSU is going to win.

Dude I’m not doubting but read into as you will. My believe is that I want LSU to have a shot to win in the 4th quarter. If you believe that’s doubting then go right ahead. All I said is for those who think Bama is going to embarrass LSU at Tiger Stadium then people will get a rude awakening. Tua never played in environment like that. Georgia is the only defense he played that was tougher than LSU. Now he has to face a tough LSU defense in that environment add to the fact that the players is going to hear how invincible Bama is for the next two weeks. Oh yeah LSU is going to be gamed. Win or lose, nothing is going to be easy in that game. I can’t wait. 

7 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Dude I’m not doubting but read into as you will. My believe is that I want LSU to have a shot to win in the 4th quarter. If you believe that’s doubting then go right ahead. All I said is for those who think Bama is going to embarrass LSU at Tiger Stadium then people will get a rude awakening. Tua never played in environment like that. Georgia is the only defense he played that was tougher than LSU. Now he has to face a tough LSU defense in that environment add to the fact that the players is going to hear how invincible Bama is for the next two weeks. Oh yeah LSU is going to be gamed. Win or lose, nothing is going to be easy in that game. I can’t wait. 

Did a lot of people say LSU is going to get run out of their own stadium? Did people say they have no chance?

Sidenote: I’ve never heard “gamed” to mean anything positive. You say they’re gonna be gamed and I hear they’re gonna get rolled. Be game, sure. Be gamed, that’s bad.

1 minute ago, fretgod99 said:

Did a lot of people say LSU is going to get run out of their own stadium? Did people say they have no chance?

Sidenote: I’ve never heard “gamed” to mean anything positive. You say they’re gonna be gamed and I hear they’re gonna get rolled. Be game, sure. Be gamed, that’s bad.

You just lost me lol.

Seriously, LSU will be ready. I have stats to back me up. When both LSU and Bama is ranked as top 5 opponents, the last 5 meetings are 2-2 and the average point differential in those meetings is 4.8pts. That means the winning team wins by less than 5pts. The game will be close that means LSU will have a shot in the 4th quarter.

5 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

So a Clemson frat party had the floor collapse and fatalities and critical injuries sustained. Word is there were football players at the party but nothing I can find to confirm. Could be big news in the next 24 hours.

Only story I could find so far said there were some injuries but not fatalities.

13 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

You just lost me lol.

Seriously, LSU will be ready. I have stats to back me up. When both LSU and Bama is ranked as top 5 opponents, the last 5 meetings are 2-2 and the average point differential in those meetings is 4.8pts. That means the winning team wins by less than 5pts. The game will be close that means LSU will have a shot in the 4th quarter.

Ok. I don’t doubt LSU will be ready. I don’t think anybody really does. That’s my point. You’re ginning up a disrespect narrative that doesn’t exists. Will they lose? Probably. Most likely. Does that mean they’ve got no shot? Not at all. Does them likely losing mean it can’t be a close game? Of course not.

Have people argued otherwise?

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Nobody is mentioning that the Lane Train has derailed without Kendal Briles. Also, Bill Clark is effing amazing for the work he's done with UAB. That guy deserves a look from P5 programs this offseason. 

can someone take applewhite?  i want briles as our hc...he would stay here.

Archived