Week 7 GDT: Saints (4-1) @ Ravens (4-2)

Canadian Saint

17 minutes ago, Danand said:

Congratulations guys. That was a great game and a close on as expected. Best of luck the rest of the way.

You almost jinxed us man.

But good game.  You guys are legit.  The only defense this year that gave our offense fits.(We shot ourselves in the foot against the Browns)

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

You almost jinxed us man.

But good game.  You guys are legit.  The only defense this year that gave our offense fits.(We shot ourselves in the foot against the Browns)

Can't say it wasn't my intention - although its just fan superstition. Dennis Allen really did his best to screw you guys over. For all the heat Flacco gets, he somehow has a sense of urgency at times and the delivers passes like on the last series.

You got the win on a botched extra point, where I hoped we would have tried for the 2 point conversion. Nevertheless, that really was a good game that came down to the wire.

Best of luck and please beat the Bengals and Steelers while you're at it.

4 minutes ago, Danand said:

Can't say it wasn't my intention - although its just fan superstition. Dennis Allen really did his best to screw you guys over. For all the heat Flacco gets, he somehow has a sense of urgency at times and the delivers passes like on the last series.

You got the win on a botched extra point, where I hoped we would have tried for the 2 point conversion. Nevertheless, that really was a good game that came down to the wire.

We will try, hopefully we meet up again in FebruaryB| no flukey kicks to decide that one.

4 minutes ago, Danand said:

I'll make a deal with you.  You beat the Panthers and Falcons, and we'll beat the Bengals and Steelers.

The jinx from the announcer was so funny. "He's never missed an extra point"......

We got really lucky there but I don't feel bad, because it isn't fair that we still have players in the secondary who don't know what the hell they're supposed to do when it matters the most.

7 minutes ago, NS922 said:

The jinx from the announcer was so funny. "He's never missed an extra point"......

We got really lucky there but I don't feel bad, because it isn't fair that we still have players in the secondary who don't know what the hell they're supposed to do when it matters the most.

I don't feel bad, cause think of all the games in recent years that we've lost due to flukey last second miracles.  Blocked extra points, 60 yard TDs with 6 seconds left.  Teams going for two.

This was the first game in a brutal gauntlet coming up.  I had this marked as a loss..  If we can get to Carolina with only 2 more losses, I'll be impressed.

Eagles, Vikings, Falcons, Cowboys, Bengals, Rams.  We need to go 4-2 through that stretch.  

Man what a win. Definitely lucky, but you know what they say. You have to be lucky to be good.

This secondary.....boy I dunno. This is two games where we've blown the coverage late in the game and gave up a long TD. Crawley and PJ WIlliams needs to pick it up. This is our biggest weakness and if they don't pick it up, will really limit how far we can go.

Shout out to Watson and Hill, giving us positive production from our TE position without costing the bank.

And even with what I thought was terrible clock management at the end of the game, he called a great game. We were balance, kept running even though we got stuffed a few times, and he was hyper aggressive. This team feasts on that aggressiveness 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

And even with what I thought was terrible clock management at the end of the game, he called a great game. We were balance, kept running even though we got stuffed a few times, and he was hyper aggressive. This team feasts on that aggressiveness 

I really did approve of the gameplan.  I wantedf to run the ball and wear their defense out, and we did that.  Everyone thought the opening drive was a loss for us(and we should have kicked the field goal), but I thought it was a victory.  Make their defense fight for every stop, and keep ours off the field.  It's not often Payton calls a game like this.  I'm impressed with him.

Mannn what a fun game to go to. I was sitting 8th row at about the 10 yard line on the Saints sideline and had a PERFECT view of TD #500. My section was filled with lots of Saints fans, we even got a pretty loud WHO DAT chant going at the end of the game

On 10/21/2018 at 7:19 PM, Jlowe22 said:

This was the first game in a brutal gauntlet coming up.  I had this marked as a loss..  If we can get to Carolina with only 2 more losses, I'll be impressed.

Eagles, Vikings, Falcons, Cowboys, Bengals, Rams.  We need to go 4-2 through that stretch.  

I think we'll go 5-1 tbh. 

Archived