World Series: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Boston Red Sox

Eagles27

8 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I will say though, if Cherington had Cora as his manager we've got a much better shot at a WS. Farrell was the absolute worst. Cora seemingly couldn't make a wrong decision this post season.

He did a lot of things right but also took a lot of big risks that easily could've backfired.

Tbh how much credit can you give a guy for going out and getting David Price, Chris Sale, and JD Martinez?  He was able to spend that money because Mookie, Boegarts, JBJ, Devers, Holt, etc. are so good and so cheap. 

Steve Pearce was a great move though.

35 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Tbh how much credit can you give a guy for going out and getting David Price, Chris Sale, and JD Martinez?  He was able to spend that money because Mookie, Boegarts, JBJ, Devers, Holt, etc. are so good and so cheap. 

Pearce and Eovaldi were arguably two of the top 3 Sox players in this series.

9 hours ago, mission27 said:

I'm pretty positive that Ben Cherington wouldn't have traded a former 1st rounder who was lighting up radar guns, and a top-5 prospect in baseball with who just cost him ~$60MM. DD had to go get Price because of how they butchered the Lester scenario, and JD Martinez -to a lesser extent- because Hanley and Sandoval never turned into the hitters they signed them to be.

I mean, JD Martinez was there for the taking all off-season. He wanted big money, the Red Sox and Dombrowski didn't balk, and now they have him on a great deal. I think he deserves some credit for that.

I'm by no means bashing Cherington, I thought he did a great job building up one of the best farm systems in baseball, while getting pressured into things by ownership.

5 hours ago, dhunt2402 said:

One thing that gets somewhat overlooked, and It's definitely still early for both players, but taking Benny off the table and letting go of Moncada in the Sale trade was huge.

Pretty sure they preferred Devers over Moncada as well.

22 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Pretty sure they preferred Devers over Moncada as well.

Timing worked out great there with Devers not really breaking out until last year. Kopech was definitely the guy they were least excited to give up in that deal. I really hope he recovers fully, that guys stuff is absolutely nuts.

Archived