Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The effing Lions are making moves to get better this season with Matt Stafford at QB.

Here we are with Rodgers content to let the deadline come and go.  Gute is Ted Thompson. 

Upsetting, yes.

Still 6 more days to go and Scheffy has said "more coming" so...

Just now, jiggad369 said:

Upsetting, yes.

Still 6 more days to go and Scheffy has said "more coming" so...

Yeah, more coming for other teams.  Patriots will turn their 20th ranked scoring defense around with a trade.  Eagles will get a necessary piece to help them turn their season around.  Falcons will get themselves into the playoff discussion with a trade. 

Packers will wave goodbye to the trade deadline and be content with ruining their draft position by sneaking into the playoffs and being woefully unprepared to deal with the offenses and defenses that will join them in the final 12. 

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Sashi only drafted Coleman and Garrett in the 1st round. It was the few years before that where they screwed up. 

But yeah we're on the same page on Gruden. I don't like that they traded Mack, but I'm cool with Amari going. 

Clearly they stunk at drafting before Dorsey & to some extent Sashi. But before Sashi they weren't actively trying to get worse or trade for draft capital (Gruden's plan), which is why I give him credit for the plan. The Browns were lucky Dorsey became available and the job was attractive because Sashi had acquired the most draft capital and the most cap space. 

10 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

If Giants are having a Fire sale we may as well call them up and see what they want for Landon Collins. 

I would love Landon Collins. I'd give a 2nd. He needs to be signed this offseason and he will set the safety market imo so that's why I don't give a 1. Joyner and HHCD are probably looking at around $10-12MM, but I would imagine Landon would get more than that, let's say $13-14MM. 

22 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Our secondary was tight as a tight thing when Alexander was playing.  Pretty tough for the secondary to be tightened up when its best player has missed the past three games.  We don't have massive holes.  Our defense is still 15th in scoring.  This is NOT 2017 anymore.  The league changed the rules even more.  The complaints of our defense are going on everywhere. 

The Patriots are 20th in points allowed right now.  20th.  They haven't ranked outside top 15 in scoring once in Brady's time there. 

The NFL had a RECORD amount of points AND touchdowns by the end of Sunday.  RECORD amount of points.  That was BEFORE the final game of the week. 

30 points is the new 23 points in the NFL this year.  We are NOT a bad defense, we just aren't accustomed to the new rules in the NFL yet. 

We still have an issue at the safety spot opposite of HHCD, and that's assuming you're a believer in HHCD.  And we're also making the assumption that we're going to stay healthy.  Have we improved?  Absolutely.  Should we settle at this?  Absolutely not.

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

How bad is Vernon's contract for a trade with the fire sall going on in NY? Impossible?

Let's put it this way, if the Giants trade him during the season, they save roughly $5M this year.  The Packers would be on the hook for just under $13M this year.  But if people are upset with Nick Perry and Clay Matthews' production, I don't think they're going to be all that happy with Vernon.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

except the 6ers had a plan and got good.  The Raiders plan involves Jon Gruden hitting on draft picks and coaching a good team.

They're the browns of 2 years ago.

And that's different than the Sixers how?  If it goes well, they're the Sixers.  If it doesn't, they're the Browns.  But they're doing the same damn thing.  Blowing up the talent for draft picks, and hoping they hit.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

The effing Lions are making moves to get better this season with Matt Stafford at QB.

Here we are with Rodgers content to let the deadline come and go.  Gute is Ted Thompson. 

We're talking about a pure NT...not a position that's actually going to make a huge impact.

Just now, CWood21 said:

We still have an issue at the safety spot opposite of HHCD, and that's assuming you're a believer in HHCD.  And we're also making the assumption that we're going to stay healthy.  Have we improved?  Absolutely.  Should we settle at this?  Absolutely not.

Yeah, that's my point.  We shouldn't settle.  If adding a pass rusher or a safety in a trade drops our points allowed by half a point a game, it's worth it. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, that's my point.  We shouldn't settle.  If adding a pass rusher or a safety in a trade drops our points allowed by half a point a game, it's worth it. 

But what halfway decent pass rusher is going to be available?

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And that's different than the Sixers how?  If it goes well, they're the Sixers.  If it doesn't, they're the Browns.  But they're doing the same damn thing.  Blowing up the talent for draft picks, and hoping they hit.

the person in charge of the raiders is an idiot, and the NFL is much harder to pull this off in because of the unpredictability of draft picks and the minimal impact that a single player can have on a team.

In the NBA... with extremely few exceptions - the best player in a draft is in the top 1-3 spots of that draft.  The best players in the NBA frequently were number 1 overall picks.  Who is the best NFL #1 pick right now? Clowney?

One player can change an entire team and make them from bad to playoff team.  Two players make you bad to playoff contender.  Three gives you championship title chances.  Even if you aren't a great drafter... taking a franchise changing player is usually the obvious choice and there's often a consensus when there's a truly revolutionary guy in a class. 

Of course it looks like the 6ers missed on that with Fultz vs Tatum, but by then they had already fired the GM who got them there and now they've fired that guy because he was doing weird stuff on twitter... so.. yeah not sure where I'm going with that.

Archived