Why isn't the NFC living up to the hype?

SteelKing728

I hope to differentiate this thread from the 3rd best team in the NFC, as that seems to be a very narrow and specific topic.

I'm curious about something more. We were told that the NFC would be a "Bloodbath" and that the best teams would run through this conference.

What we've seen seems to be anything but, except for the LA Rams.

What's the deal? Is the NFC really a bloodbath and it just so happens that everyone is beating up on everyone, or is this conference not living up to it's ridiculous hype? 

50 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I said before the year that the three best teams played in the NFC.

I still believe that.

Just the Saints instead of the Eagles.

I don't see how anyone can say the Vikings are better then the Chiefs and Patriots. 

Eagles are the only major disappointment, expected to be elite and are trash. Falcons have been disappointing, but it's not like they were expected to be great, just in the thick of things in what was expected to be a tight NFC. There place has been taken by the Seahawks or Bears, both of whom have surpassed expectations.

Vikings started slow, but they're back on track. Packers I suppose you could say have been disappointing too, but they always start slow with Rodgers. Rams elite as expected, Saints looking pretty phenomenal too (probably surpassing expectations honestly). All in all I don't think it's been to disappointing, still a pretty brutal conference... only reason it doesn't feel as wide open as we expected is because the Rams have looked so damn good.

6 minutes ago, game3525 said:

I don't see how anyone can say the Vikings are better then the Chiefs and Patriots. 

How can't we say they're better than the Patriots? They have more talent, similar record. Both teams have what are now embarrassing losses. Didn't think the Patriots would even be a question.

As for the Chiefs, they might be in there. And maybe after last night they're turning the corner - but teams with defenses that bad rarely end up actually contending. I suppose they would be 3rd after the Saints though right now - but if they played the Vikings, I think the Vikes would win.

Because the Super Bowl Champion Eagles who have their MVP Candidate QB back just plain suck as a team. They led the way last year for the NFC and now can't close out a up and down Panthers team while up 17-0 in the 4th. Saints aren't as good either, I'm not sure but I think they outrushed almost every team they played up to this point last year. Vikings have a new QB so it's expected they'd take a while to gel and so far on track. Rams are the new lead dog and so far much better than every other team including the AFC. 

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

How can't we say they're better than the Patriots? They have more talent, similar record. Both teams have what are now embarrassing losses. Didn't think the Patriots would even be a question.

As for the Chiefs, they might be in there. And maybe after last night they're turning the corner - but teams with defenses that bad rarely end up actually contending. I suppose they would be 3rd after the Saints though right now - but if they played the Vikings, I think the Vikes would win.

They may have more talent, but they haven't played up to it. 

Looking at the advance metrics, Minnesota has been mediocre, while the Pats have been a top 10 team for the most part. 

Just now, game3525 said:

They may have more talent, but they haven't played up to it. 

Looking at the advance metrics, Minnesota has been mediocre, while the Pats have been a top 10 team for the most part. 

Fair enough. And I suppose that we're talking about living up to the hype so far - good points.

Archived