Week 8: Saints (5-1) at VIKINGS (4-2-1)

swede700

Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?

• 0 - 245 yds (his average vs. the Vikings in the playoffs)
    • 246 - 312 yds
    • 313+ yds

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

who was the starter for the Falcons in the 70's? Bob Lee?

and then for the Ravens, i guess it would be who was the Browns' starter at the time?

EDIT: the Falcons had Bartkowski back then, of course!

Let's look at the Browns of the '70's--they had Mike Phipps and Brian Sipe as their quarterbacks.  Both serviceable, and Sipe was as clutch a quarterback as any in his era.  Flacco is probably Mike Phipps if he played in the 1970's. If we look at the Baltimore Colts, they still had Unitas and Morrall in the early '70's and Bert Jones for the remainder of the decade.  I would put Flacco behind each of those three.

For Atlanta...you're right, they had General Lee...as inconsistent a quarterback as has ever been.  That reminds me of Ryan.  And they had Steve Bartkowski, who I think could have been a top 10 quarterback consistently if the Falcons had any...ANY talent around him.  If Bartkowski had Julio Jones to throw to he might even be borderline hall of fame.  I honestly don't see Ryan being considered a HOF caliber QB in any era.  Again, these are just the ramblings of an old timer who thought the 1970's was the best time to be a football fan.

9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

He'll definitely get one from me if he goes in.  He is a great young man, and I wish him a lot of success, even if he is playing for my least favorite head coach.

It's amazing how such a mediocre player is viewed by Vikings fans. Shows you how much he was loved here and how fans truly wanted him to be successful. 

According to Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network, Dalvin Cook is expected to miss his fourth straight game with a hamstring injury. The Vikings are 27th in the league in rushing this season, struggling to move the ball on the ground with Latavius Murray in the lead role.

The Vikings play the Lions next week and then have a bye in Week 10, which could factor into their decision if they want to make sure Cook is 100 percent.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/24/dalvin-cook-not-expected-back-this-week/

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

It's amazing how such a mediocre player is viewed by Vikings fans. Shows you how much he was loved here and how fans truly wanted him to be successful. 

Are you suggesting that Vikings fans affection for Teddy is problematic? 

18 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Teddy was an improving, but below average QB while in a Vikings uniform. I'm glad he is back in the league, & I'm glad he is not the Vikings QB.

I agree, I think the years of watching Ponder, Freeman, Cassel over inflated the perceived performance of Teddy, because at least he wasn't dreadful. There were easily 16 better starting QBs than him in 2013-2014. Sure, he improved year over year.

I don't see anything wrong with liking the guy personally and admiring his story of coming back, I just don't think his performance deserves him legendary status by the fans. He was a good guy here who suffered a devastating injury but I'm not convinced he would have been more effective than Keenum was last year or Cousins is now.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:08 PM, vike daddy said:

i know, i get that. my larger point was the Saints have now traded away their 2019 1st, 3rd, and 4th round picks. they're going all in this year.

Brees is on a 2 year deal. I'm not sure if he will be capable of playing at SB level at the end of that. We're already seeing his arm strength slip a little bit. Makes sense they're all in.

Let's not forget that we are also entering the first year of a big 3 year window for this team.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I agree, I think the years of watching Ponder, Freeman, Cassel over inflated the perceived performance of Teddy, because at least he wasn't dreadful. There were easily 16 better starting QBs than him in 2013-2014. Sure, he improved year over year.

I don't see anything wrong with liking the guy personally and admiring his story of coming back, I just don't think his performance deserves him legendary status by the fans. He was a good guy here who suffered a devastating injury but I'm not convinced he would have been more effective than Keenum was last year or Cousins is now.

Teddy is 25 years old. Tell me, what had Cousins done in the NFL at that age? Teddy’s “mediocrity” at 25 is better than what Cousins was. 

Archived