Let's talk about Taysom Hill and gadget players

AFlaccoSeagulls

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ok, let's take it further - as @Jakuvious pointed out, not even a Combine invite. THAT'S what the NFL thought of his pro prospects.

Hate to break it to you, but we a watch college and pro football as intently as you do. So, trying to spin this narrative on Hill being some good QB, being called out on it and doubling down? Yeah, it's not working.

As a wise man said in this thread:

You’re the one spinning the narrative that Saints are calling him a good QB. I don’t see anyone saying that. We are saying that he’s a really good football player and he helps the Saints win football games. 

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

How many 5th year seniors, who are 27, who played one full season in college get combine invites?

Really? You know those are all incredibly specific parameters that nobody else in the league hits.

I've laid out multiple examples of players in similar situations, and it's nitpicked ad nauseum - oh, he didn't play ST. Oh, he played 4.5 years. Oh, he was 26 on a Thursday.

At this point, you're being blatantly obtuse.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

It happens a lot on here. Not a fan of a player I’m high on? Either you don’t watch or you’re a hater.

In my case, it's both. And then when I proved I did watch, it became, "Well, you didn't watch enough." You just can't win. Of course, @Jakuvious comes in, says it eloquently, and makes me look bad. ;)

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

You’re the one spinning the narrative that Saints are calling him a good QB. I don’t see anyone saying that. We are saying that he’s a really good football player and he helps the Saints win football games. 

35 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean, Taysom was a pretty dang good QB in college 

... was I?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Really? You know those are all incredibly specific parameters that nobody else in the league hits.

I've laid out multiple examples of players in similar situations, and it's nitpicked ad nauseum - oh, he didn't play ST. Oh, he played 4.5 years. Oh, he was 26 on a Thursday.

At this point, you're being blatantly obtuse.

I mean, I clearly gave up on actually arguing this point about 15 posts ago

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

It's the bold that's the problem. He's not a really good football player if we're actually comparing him to his peers. He's a guy who would struggle to make a lot of NFL rosters. He doesn't have a position. IMO, he wouldn't have made the Saints roster if he weren't a good special teamer. That's his value in the NFL. What he does on offense is just Sean Payton being Sean Payton.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

We were comparing Taysom Hill to Tebow.  Not sure that's a ridiculous claim.

That really isn't terrible, no. But keep in mind, this thread was founded on points that Taysom Hill is the most versatile and unique weapon in the NFL and that no one in NFL history has ever done all the different things in one season that Hill has, and you can kind of understand why the rebuttles were so strong.

• Like 2