Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Boil beef? Bro I literally ate elk, bison and beef tenderloin for dinner tonight.  

Get on my level, rookie.

Fair enough, I must concede this battle as all I had was a glorious pizza. 

Edited by Bonanza23
Btw that elk would come out even better with sous vide, bison too. You’ll see some day :)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m all fairness, maybe it boiled cooked in a soups vide, I didn’t prepare them.

Was it perfectly cooked? All the fibers broken down? More tender than usual? Yep it was sous vide. 

Truth be told I made a mistake sous videing the A5 wagyu steak I purchased. Should have listened to the seller by cutting it into strips and cooking in a fry pan. And inviting friends. Even so what a great experience. If you can ever (or any of you cats) get a hold of an A5 steak you need to do it. Man what an experience. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Was it perfectly cooked? All the fibers broken down? More tender than usual? Yep it was sous vide. 

Truth be told I made a mistake sous videing the A5 wagyu steak I purchased. Should have listened to the seller by cutting it into strips and cooking in a fry pan. And inviting friends. Even so what a great experience. If you can ever (or any of you cats) get a hold of an A5 steak you need to do it. Man what an experience. 

I’ve never seen it for sale where I live tbh, but I’d jump on the opportunity.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve never seen it for sale where I live tbh, but I’d jump on the opportunity.

I got it on the interwebs. Look up crowd cow. It’s hit or miss because it’s not always readily available. So you have to keep up with the website. It’s legitimate best of the best. I got the Kagoshima farm raised wagyu. Currently looking at the Iwate Gyu beef. Also I keep waiting on the olive wagyu which is really hard to get. I missed my chance a couple months ago. Probably the next time I see it I’ll get it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah, but have you ever had Roast Beef Monster Munch?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m all fairness, maybe it boiled cooked in a soups vide, I didn’t prepare them.

Ive heard that with the sous vide you get the perfect temp every time. So the steak comes out perfect. Ive been told the secret is to reverse sear it, after your done with the sous vide. The sous vide cooks your meat to the right temp every time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ive heard that with the sous vide you get the perfect temp every time. So the steak comes out perfect. Ive been told the secret is to reverse sear it, after your done with the sous vide. The sous vide cooks your meat to the right temp every time.

It does, I just like busting his balls.

• Like 2

I've been doing quite a bit of grunt work over the last few weeks, but I'm getting close to being ready to launch my first podcast.  Have recorded some sample audio, and just awaiting the wife's permission to purchase the equipment that I'd like to pick up.  

giphy.gif

Looking at the moment at entry level (or slightly above) equipment, so it isn't too outlandishly priced.

(Wait til she finds out that I want to get a new desktop Imac down the road.  

giphy.gif

Just in case you're interested......

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...