Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

3 hours ago, JDD said:

I think you missed the point. Rap music is full of don’t come to my hood. Killing and selling drugs. **** around and find out lyrics. I just remember the WAP thing was something that the right was complaining about which I find hilarious. Now the other side is mad about a guy saying come try some dumb **** in my town and find out. Oh my the horror because of some made up issues. Again my point is the people who are mad about these don’t see the pointless issue or the whataboutism of the whole thing. 

ah in general sure.  I think it’s fairly dumb either way and more or less just people getting riled up individually more than actual politics though.  

3 hours ago, JDD said:

Weird. I wonder why you think that.

what metric are you using to say we’re the best? Education, access to healthcare, health, longevity, perceived happiness, quality of live, employee protection, maternity leave, etc we’re not really in the discussion tbh.  

what do we do specifically that’s better than the rest of the world?

3 hours ago, JDD said:

America is not like any other country in the world. If you use any Scandinavian country, Japan or most places in Asia they have no diversity in their government. Also using smaller places like New Zealand (which is an amazing place) isn’t the same. Ohio is bigger than that country. So I disagree when people say we aren’t but I’m bias.

feelings and biases are whatever, but honest evaluations need to be done regularly and if we’re not excelling it’s time to try something new. 

3 hours ago, JDD said:

I also said it was their job to make it the best. Since you know that is their job. 

that’s the part I wasn’t disagreeing with lol

3 hours ago, JDD said:

That is the problem. They create divide by having extreme views. One side having super majority next time will be very interesting. 

no one is getting 60 votes in the senate and there are enough centrist dems who profit from nothing changing to assure nothing will even if they do. 

dems actually accomplishing anything of note is something only conservatives fear and the left has zero faith in actually happening

3 hours ago, JDD said:

Im all for term limits, age limits, bill limits on issues. I’m not a big government guy. I’m also not a we don’t need government guy. 

I’m a we need a very effective government that provides the functions a government should provide guy.  It should be run as efficiently as possible. 

11 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So stupid. It’s like the afc north going after the chargers 

Hate to break it to you, but geographically Baltimore makes zero sense in the North and Miami is in the East instead of the South and the Colts are in the South instead of the North.

I mean, I live closer to Indianapolis than Cleveland and I’m under an hour from Columbus.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Hate to break it to you, but geographically Baltimore makes zero sense in the North and Miami is in the East instead of the South and the Colts are in the South instead of the North.

I mean, I live closer to Indianapolis than Cleveland and I’m under an hour from Columbus.

I’ve always thought we should have the bills and give the ravens to the afc east 

All of this relocation in college football started because ESPN tried to play gangster with the Big 10 and lowball them back in 2004.

Big 10 broke the mold and started their own network. Which caused EVERYBODY to follow them.

Now the Big 10 owns the Midwest, West Coast, and they’re always aggressively expanding on the east coast. It will take time, but this + NIL money will eventually impact recruiting.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

All of this relocation in college football started because ESPN tried to play gangster with the Big 10 and lowball them back in 2004.

Big 10 broke the mold and started their own network. Which caused EVERYBODY to follow them.

Now the Big 10 owns the Midwest, West Coast, and they’re always aggressively expanding on the east coast. It will take time, but this + NIL money will eventually impact recruiting.

If FSU finds a way out of the Grant of Rights document, the ACC will fold within 5 years too.

If not, then the ACC will be solvent through 2036.

For Notre Dame it all comes down to broadcasting money when NBC expires in 2025.